Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 underway!

Another 2015 goal completed.  I am now within the top 100,00 worldwide. Need to keep earning trophies to stay there. Right now, I am working on finishing up the Open Ended trophy for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and then I'll work on Completionist trophy, which will cover all remaining collectible trophies I need. And then once those are done, I'll have the plat, and another 2015 goal complete.

For this fixture, I am halfway through all possible points on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. The goal is to plat that, and also get as far as I can on both Assassin's Creed Syndicate, when it comes out tomorrow, and Assassin's Creed Revelations (if I have time). So ballpark 80-90 points, if I can get the Rapture plat by tomorrow morning, like I am planning.

How is everyone else doing this fixture?

Doing ok, just been playing Ys & Danganronpa on the Vita. 

Another 2015 goal completed.  I am now within the top 100,00 worldwide. Need to keep earning trophies to stay there. Right now, I am working on finishing up the Open Ended trophy for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and then I'll work on Completionist trophy, which will cover all remaining collectible trophies I need. And then once those are done, I'll have the plat, and another 2015 goal complete.

For this fixture, I am halfway through all possible points on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. The goal is to plat that, and also get as far as I can on both Assassin's Creed Syndicate, when it comes out tomorrow, and Assassin's Creed Revelations (if I have time). So ballpark 80-90 points, if I can get the Rapture plat by tomorrow morning, like I am planning.

How is everyone else doing this fixture?

Congrats on completing one of your goals. I got the last 2 trophies to get Just Cause 2 ready for the PRD. Now I can't stop playing Guacamelee. As soon as I saw the Chozo statues, I was hooked. Super Metroid might be my favorite game of all time so seeing those instantly brought up some good memories. The game throws trophies at you early in the game (mostly bronze though) but the pace has slowed down since I'm struggling with a few areas right now. I'm near the end so I'm just collecting all of the chests and orbs right now.

Congrats on completing one of your goals. I got the last 2 trophies to get Just Cause 2 ready for the PRD. Now I can't stop playing Guacamelee. As soon as I saw the Chozo statues, I was hooked. Super Metroid might be my favorite game of all time so seeing those instantly brought up some good memories. The game throws trophies at you early in the game (mostly bronze though) but the pace has slowed down since I'm struggling with a few areas right now. I'm near the end so I'm just collecting all of the chests and orbs right now.

Such a good game, some amazing level designs with some of the platforming sections. 

• Like 1

When your opponent hasn't earned a trophy since the fixture started; (and his name is Boooda) 

:stalker:

My opponent also hasn't earned a trophy in the fixture yet. Either he just hasn't been playing any games or he hasn't synced his profile in a few days and is going to sneak up with a flood of points to beat me at the very end. Here's hoping it is the former and not the latter.

My opponent also hasn't earned a trophy in the fixture yet. Either he just hasn't been playing any games or he hasn't synced his profile in a few days and is going to sneak up with a flood of points to beat me at the very end. Here's hoping it is the former and not the latter.

Yeah you'll get that sometimes.

When your opponent hasn't earned a trophy since the fixture started; (and his name is Boooda) 

:stalker:

...but certainly not by me. :ninja: Nah, been busy all week but I'm now commencing my weekend assault heheh

• Like 1

Yeah you'll get that sometimes.

...but certainly not by me. :ninja: Nah, been busy all week but I'm now commencing my weekend assault heheh

I'm getting scared already :P

You'll never know, until it's too late...

Unfortunately, there are no trophies in Adulthood: Making Money Edition.  I am hoping to play something this weekend, but I'm always on call.  And when money calls, I come running.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, there are no trophies in Adulthood: Making Money Edition.  I am hoping to play something this weekend, but I'm always on call.  And when money calls, I come running.

Yeah unfortunately RL doesn't have trophies.  :(  

I kind of liked not knowing whether you had played anything yet. Added some suspense to it and everything. I'll probably be busy for the rest of the fixture so I won't be getting many more trophies than what I already have. Good luck if you get a chance to play this weekend.

Not necessarily, a lot of games have very easy silvers (sound shapes being a prime example) and some games have tough bronzes. Obviously bronzes are typically easier to obtain but I wouldn't say they are 3 times as easy. 

I agree with this - trophy rarity is based on the spirit of the requirement, not the difficulty. Take Persona 4 Golden, for example. The silver trophy Mr. Perfect requires you to max out all of your life stats, which is something you can easily do in one playthrough if you follow a guide. However, Hardcore Risette Fan is a bronze and unlocks when you hear 250 of Rise's lines in combat. Easy, right? WRONG. There are only 360 lines approximately and you have to do a variety of things (like be much weaker than the Shadows or get hit with a bunch of status ailments or let a boss do his special move) to get this trophy in one playthrough. Most people just do it in the new game plus and speed-run through the dungeon until they rescue Rise and then fight the next dungeons while they are far underdeveloped to get 20 lines. It's very difficult and yet it's only a bronze.

That said, I agree that this competition is going to be vastly unbalanced due to the fact that many kid's games and interactive novels have platinums and one could just skip everything in a visual novel to get a plat and that's not skill so people will 'cheat' by getting tons of easy plats.

I agree with this - trophy rarity is based on the spirit of the requirement, not the difficulty. Take Persona 4 Golden, for example. The silver trophy Mr. Perfect requires you to max out all of your life stats, which is something you can easily do in one playthrough if you follow a guide. However, Hardcore Risette Fan is a bronze and unlocks when you hear 250 of Rise's lines in combat. Easy, right? WRONG. There are only 360 lines approximately and you have to do a variety of things (like be much weaker than the Shadows or get hit with a bunch of status ailments or let a boss do his special move) to get this trophy in one playthrough. Most people just do it in the new game plus and speed-run through the dungeon until they rescue Rise and then fight the next dungeons while they are far underdeveloped to get 20 lines. It's very difficult and yet it's only a bronze.

That said, I agree that this competition is going to be vastly unbalanced due to the fact that many kid's games and interactive novels have platinums and one could just skip everything in a visual novel to get a plat and that's not skill so people will 'cheat' by getting tons of easy plats.

display.jpg

• Like 4

Welp Im doing a good pace so far. Im enjoying Dengeki Bundo. Pretty good game. Trying to get some games ready for the plat rain day and everything going smoothly.

So... hows everyones do?

Well besides getting Marvel vs Capcom 3 ready to plat for Plat Rain Day I've only played Mugen Souls so that pretty much tells you how well I'm doing dood :|

• Like 1