VirtualNight's endless gaming experiences

VirtualNight

Awesome to see a new checklist here! You've been playing a ton of games over the years, and it's great to see you recently finished Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, it's one of the best Persona games in my opinion. Considering you've tackled the OG Arena, Ultimax's DLC must've been a nice stroll in the park! ? Usually I don't tackle fighting games either, but ArcSys do a great job. And Bioshock Infinite right next to it too! I played that one when I was younger back on my Xbox, cool to see that one!... Although you've done a ton more games than me, so it's probably obvious we've got some in common! ?

I also love me some racing games! It's definitely a bummer that Gran Turismo 5's servers have shut down, so I figured since you love the PS3 that I'd recommend Gran Turismo 6! Polyphony never fails in the ol' quality department! A guide was recently released for the Ayrton Senna content, so all of the game is covered. Only thing is that downloading the updates is really sluggish, it's legitimately the only reason I haven't gotten to that one yet. ? As a side note, Gran Turismo's music is really top notch as well, and I believe GT6 has a few songs from GT5, so you might have some nostalgia scratched there!

And best of luck with finishing Black Ops II! Treyarch always does fantastic work when it comes to Zombies. It was one of my favourite parts of BO3, so I can see why BO2 is the sort of game you'd wanna tackle, enjoy it! ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 4

Amazing trophy collection man, we share pretty much the same mentality when it comes to trophy hunting. I also always go for 100% completion as the platinum trophy alone never felt like a job done, as well as the enjoyment for solid challenges. Most of the games i played you seem to have played too so i can tell you have good taste in games ?

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

The games I target should have at least one of these elements:

• difficult trophy list
  • fun game
  • Ultra rare, although just this one alone is usually not enough (anymore). Definitely I am staying away from Fortnite and such
  • a friend invites me to do it together, or there is a group going for it, representing a good chance

I also don't do shovelware, nor any auto-pop/stack (apart from Fall Guys done only to keep playing it). Just a personal preference, also unlike some people I do not hold any grudge against who does them, to each their own.

I got curious about Fortnite, if you dont mind me asking why are you staying away from it? That PVE is one of the best coop games ive played, hands down. Also good to see that you and a lot of people in this community have good common sense and stay away from shovelware and autopop/stack as their main way of obtaining trophies.

Keep up the great work sir ?

• Like 1

Nice trophy checklist you got there xD I do especially agree with the "Each game represents an experience, either good or bad", that's the same way I approach games.

I can't help but laugh at this particular mention:

-Koihime Enbu RioRaray or whatever. A garbage crap I absolutely don't wanna play again

Yep 100% agree there ? I expected a mad challenge in a fun game...except the game is more broken than fun, so I didn't bother with that one anymore either. Persona 4 Arena still remains the best out there!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, PedrOTN- said:

I got curious about Fortnite, if you dont mind me asking why are you staying away from it? That PVE is one of the best coop games ive played, hands down.

It may be great, but doing the exact same thing for 1000 hours surely isn't (the game's core is the BR, which has no trophies tied to that either), especially when all the loading and waiting for a lobby take about 20min. On top of all that, I could not stand all the childs there, as I tend to play only with matured/grown people.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Damn son - bringing a gun to a knife fight with this checklist! 1f602.png

More like bringing a bazooka to an arm wrestling match. ?

@VirtualNightThis is already one hell of a checklist. I’ve come across your profile several times before and must say it’s one of the most impressive ones I’ve seen around the site. I really respect your mentality when it comes to trophy hunting, and between your excellent taste in games and your love of chasing ultra-rares (something I’ve only just begun to enjoy myself) I think this will be a fascinating thread to follow. Looking forward to seeing where the journey takes you next and reading about it. Good luck man.

• Like 2

It may be great, but doing the exact same thing for 1000 hours surely isn't (the game's core is the BR, which has no trophies tied to that either), especially when all the loading and waiting for a lobby take about 20min. On top of all that, I could not stand all the childs there, as I tend to play only with matured/grown people.

Fair enough but its not exactly how you described, Fortnite was created as a PVE coop game and the BR was an experience that ended up becoming way more successful and completely took over, casting a shadow on Save The World. I never dealt with any child on STW and you dont have to either, even the Play with Others missions can be done with a pre-made group of 4. The loading/waiting for a lobby doesnt take more than 1 or 2 minutes. I’ll give you the 1000 hours of repetition (its more than 1000 btw), that can be a bit overwhelming but really depends if youre playing with friends or grinding alone. Overall i understand your reasons tbh, just letting you know it becomes significantly better if you enjoy STW and play it with friends ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PedrOTN- said:

Fair enough but its not exactly how you described, Fortnite was created as a PVE coop game and the BR was an experience that ended up becoming way more successful and completely took over, casting a shadow on Save The World. I never dealt with any child on STW and you dont have to either, even the Play with Others missions can be done with a pre-made group of 4. The loading/waiting for a lobby doesnt take more than 1 or 2 minutes. I’ll give you the 1000 hours of repetition (its more than 1000 btw), that can be a bit overwhelming but really depends if youre playing with friends or grinding alone. Overall i understand your reasons tbh, just letting you know it becomes significantly better if you enjoy STW and play it with friends 1f609.png

oh well, it remains a super long grind regardless, and I am almost retired from those type of games. Same reason i have skipped games like Friday the 13th or Dead by Deadlight with its endless dlcs. Can't get all the games done anyway, so it's better to choose funnier games and/or something challenging instead of mindless grinds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PedrOTN- said:

I’ll give you the 1000 hours of repetition (its more than 1000 btw), that can be a bit overwhelming but really depends if youre playing with friends or grinding alone.

I had it done at 650hrs with a bunch of BR matches played. Maybe around 620 for me if you do the survivors, play with others and world explores all in the same game. Cuts it in half, but of course you'll need a partner the whole time.

On 18/07/2023 at 6:12 AM, VirtualNight said:

Quite late for me to make my own trophy checklist, as I have been trophy hunting for over 10 years, but better late than never. I'd like to have a sort of diary of my experiences (just like i do with my yt channel) and share it, so I will give it a try with this checklist.

Good looking list. Interesting that you rated Leo's Fortune so high on difficulty. I was planning on attempting that one at some point.

• Like 2

oh well, it remains a super long grind regardless, and I am almost retired from those type of games. Same reason i have skipped games like Friday the 13th or Dead by Deadlight with its endless dlcs. Can't get all the games done anyway, so it's better to choose funnier games and/or something challenging instead of mindless grinds.

Absolutely man, to be honest i wouldnt engage on Fortnite if i didnt plan on playing it besides the platinum, i have almost 5000 hours on STW. I only asked because you mentioned it on your intro, was only curious. Like i said before amazing collection sir, keep up the good work ?

1 hour ago, Riiszk said:

I had it done at 650hrs with a bunch of BR matches played. Maybe around 620 for me if you do the survivors, play with others and world explores all in the same game. Cuts it in half, but of course you'll need a partner the whole time.

Yeah you can definitely do it faster if youre focused ONLY on trophies, like i told VirtualNight i played way more than the trophy requirements so i cant be that precise when it comes to overall plat time, i estimated more than 1000 hours. 620 hrs is actually impressive man, nicely done ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally what felt like as a superb grind is over

Platinum #444

(PS4) Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (3.38%)

1Lc670c1.png

Difficulty: 7/10

Fun: 4/10

Time spent: about 70h (I think about 10h wasted in afk for various reasons)

Some time ago I played the trilogy which were 3 fun games, so i was positive I would have enjoyed the 4th game as well... and I didn't.

The beginning started in the worst possible way, with the save corrupted glitch which made me drop the game for a bit. Eventually I came back, but I have never enjoyed the game for all the time.

The levels felt exaggerating hard/luck based and some were way too long for this game, every level cleared was just a step forward to finish the game story, and I was a bit happy when I finally passed the last level, since the first part of what was a grind for me was over... yes, that's how it felt, a grind.

The fact I hadn't been enjoying the game was a bad signal for the tough part of the platinum trophy:

• clear every level without dying, getting all the crates (along with also play them again in the n.verted mode for the gems)
  • get the platinum time trial relics

So I mentally prepared myself as I tend to do with grindy games that aren't hard, and I just replayed each level over and over until everything from there was done, I was quite bored so i combined this grind along with watching a TV show I dropped months ago. This full completion was nowhere as hard as people make it sound.

Since I didn't like the game, it took some time to finish everything, I couldn't really play it more than 2-3h in free days apart from the final push recently, while disappointed from this experience I'm positive that I will enjoy the other Crash games, I would really love to see Crash Bash from ps1 though.

Also I recently finished 2 ps3 games from the backlog (just had to do the dlcs), Crysis 3 (after a real pain to settle a session with a group), and Black Ops 2.

Additionally I finished Alienation as well, not a smart idea to keep waiting for it due to the weekly online missions.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Nice. Which level did you find hardest to get Perfectionist?

Im currently stuck on Crate me up or what's it called. The game has been pain for me . Already at 120 hours. 

Toxic Tunnels takes something like 12min so I may say it was the hardest, but also Crash Landed took some time... basically any long level. Since one mistake can cost you 10 or more minutes. I don't know which one between perfect and platinum is harder, I'd put them on the same level. Perfect can take a while but you can take it slow and as safe as possible, while the time trial requires a more aggressive gameplay but each attempt is quick, not to mention the 15 seconds that it takes to reload a level when you mess up with the perfect relic (and I was on Ps5, I think it takes about a minute on ps4? ?).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Ultimately I can finally say that I'M DONE WITH THE PS3 STORE since I finally finished my backlog with Naughty Bear and Modern Warfare 3. There is nothing else for me to get there anymore, and this really feels good.

Man, that must be such a satisfying feeling. Congrats! I need to spend easily over £100 on the PS3 store to complete my backlog. It's so painfully slow these days too.

Edited by jonesey46
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:11 PM, VirtualNight said:

Ultimately I can finally say that I'M DONE WITH THE PS3 STORE since I finally finished my backlog with Naughty Bear and Modern Warfare 3. There is nothing else for me to get there anymore, and this really feels good.

You forgot to put Naughty Bear in the games you love section. Please fix.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 4:33 PM, pot1414 said:

You forgot to put Naughty Bear in the games you love section. Please fix.

Although it sucks, it is still not one of the worst games I have ever played, and you know that well ?

• Like 1

Platinum #447

Shiness The Lightning Kingdom (1.82%)

1L5da925.png

Difficulty: 4/10

Fun: 7/10

Time spent: 50h

I started this years ago and I didn't like it. Eventually, I gave it a second try, and it wasn't so bad. The beginning is horrible, but once you beat it, the game is not hard and it offers a decent adventure without any grindy level up required to proceed further.

It has a very big downside though, which is the combat system: it works as a 1v1 arena brawler (with teammates switch) along with ranged/magic attacks, and it is definitely a boring fighting system, and sometimes unfair as well. It definitely takes quite time to get used to it, in fact my 2nd run was way easier and smoother than the 1st one.

Overally a balanced platinum trophy, you gotta do everything the game has to offer (which isn't much) and a bit of grind, the most troublesome thing is to not miss any missable collectable, hopefully there is a TA walkthrough for that which seems to have quite some mistakes (unless the xbox version is different) but at least you won't miss anything, which would be catastrophic and would require a fresh new run otherwise.

2 endings to get so 2 runs are mandatory, I did the no game over run on the 2nd run and I didn't have any issue, I barely had to use the quit game trick. I would have done such run on my first try if the walkthrough didn't contain a very fake statement about one part of the story, but at least it wasn't a real problem with another run needed anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats wow, well played! Verlet Swing did intrigue me a bit, so may give it a go when I'm looking for some new punishment 🤣 Great choice for your milestone too, IMO!

I see you closing in on 4k URs, that is MOST IMPRESSIVE 👏👏👏 I haven't seen anybody with more honestly, I think you might be the UR Champion here on PSNP! 

• Like 3

On 9/7/2023 at 2:36 PM, VirtualNight said:

Reveal hidden contents

I always love when trophy checklist users include videos of them actually accomplishing some of the most difficult trophies! That was entrancing to watch and I viewed the whole thing. I cannot IMAGINE how long it took to get down the perfect momentum shifts and just... all the neat little tricks. Had never seen the game before but talk about a neat concept, well done!

• Like 2

Platinum #451 Lichdom: Battlemage (0.85%)

1Le8e51d.png

Difficulty: 4/10

Fun: 4/10

Time spent: 35h

This game perfectly represents those type of UR games that are not difficult, but their rarity is given by something negative.

I heard something terrify about this, and I hope it is wrong, in fact some people say that this game reminds them of Skyrim... I really hope this is false as I wanna play that game eventually (most likely in VR).

This is a first person magic shooter where all what you do is to run for kilometers while fighting against boring enemies, using your endless magic which I found heavily monotonous. What is absurd is how long the maps are and trust me, it is quite negative for this game... I quickly got bored of fighting so I just started to skip every non-mandatory fight and it still took me about 8h to finish the story. If you don't skip anything I legit believe that a good 40h of boredom await you.

With no trace of side-quests at all, after the story you can just play the New Game Plus, which is all but a new game plus. You just go through the maps picked randomly and do the related challenge. You will just grind from now on, and be sure to enjoy the crash-fest experience every 1-2h.

Nothing difficult about the plat, the difficult-based trophies can be easily achieved by switching difficulty to the desired one right before killing a boss.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...