So glad I got this game

I thought about getting this a long time ago, but there were mixed reviews and I got onto other things... But just when I was getting tired of my gaming library I popped this in and IT IS GREAT!  It's not just a good stealth game, but it's also very open-ended in terms of which abilities you choose to upgrade and how that impacts play.  Also the ability to choose your dialogue (and thus affect how everyone interacts with you and how the story unfolds) is something that I hadn't seen much of lately; very nice to have it back.

Every game gets some bad reviews but I don't know why anybody would complain about this one.  Seriously, give it a try.

• Like 2

Yeah, I love games that gives you the choice of doing things with stealth or just killing them all. This is also why I usually never listen to reviews, I'll just look-up a video or something & judge it for myself, actually the main reason I even got this game in the first place was because I seen Square Enix on the cover, & I never regretted it once, same story for Nier.

• 4 months later...

I thought the game was really good as well xD I got it free with playstation plus and was not expecting it to be as great as it was. The only thing that bothered me was when I was trying to go for the pacifist trophy. The game would glitch and make knocked out enemies die for no apparent reason...so I had to keep checking every single enemy I knocked out to make sure they were still alive....that sucked. Finally got it though and was worth it in the end :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all: newbie here, so be patient please :P

Second: im not very into Spies and Guns kinda of game, more like a FF kinda gamer and rpg's with swords and mythical beings... with that being sad, i love this game... but GOD i started right away in the hardest difficulty, and still didnt get the foxiest of the hounds and the pacifist achievment... and i checked it so many times... im almost certain i didnt killed anyone... now i have to do it again and still wont be able to try the stealth killings and use more guns... im sick of tasers. nonotheless im glad i bought this game... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 4/9/2014 at 0:34 PM, kitthirteen said:

I thought about getting this a long time ago, but there were mixed reviews and I got onto other things... But just when I was getting tired of my gaming library I popped this in and IT IS GREAT!  It's not just a good stealth game, but it's also very open-ended in terms of which abilities you choose to upgrade and how that impacts play.  Also the ability to choose your dialogue (and thus affect how everyone interacts with you and how the story unfolds) is something that I hadn't seen much of lately; very nice to have it back.

Every game gets some bad reviews but I don't know why anybody would complain about this one.  Seriously, give it a try.

HR is easily one of my top 3 games I've ever played, and I've played a lot of games in all my years. It's extremely politicised yet presented in such a way it's mind-blowing.

I won't make any excuses that I fully believe that much of the world is why it is because of shady individuals,  corporations and organisations much like how Sarif describes it in one of the scenes with Jensen.

To go even further, the devs are actually so spot-on that I would be willing to bet that's why the game got the complaints it did, because that's how deep it runs. Nothing I've played since hasn't even come close other than a few select titles.

The original Deus Ex I shouldn't even have to comment on. While I haven't played it personally, there are some very well made video reviews on YT that definitely make you rise an eyebrow - the military industrial complex and all that.  Graphically it's pure shit by today's standards, but fuck me what a story.

On 4/9/2014 at 1:00 PM, Meacham said:

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed trolling, don't be an asshole to people