I Know What You Did Last 13 Plats of Halloween

Hey guys!

Would like to add my progress:

1. Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered - 0% -> 87%

2. Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

3. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope - 0%

Also, I'm pretty sure I'll play the following, so might as well add them:

4. Bioshock Remastered - 0% - big daddys, followed by little sisters who appear to mostly be dead-ish, jump scares

5. Hollow Knight - 0% - with vey little knowledge about this game, the main character seems like a skeleton

6. Control - 21% - contains horror aspects during the game

Edited by MattbluePT
  • Like 2

I've finished my second game! Hotel Transylvania Scary-Tale Adventures. I liked the Hotel Transylvania movies, but the story in this game was mostly annoying. Gameplay is okay, overall don't recommend. It is a collect-a-thon platformer like Spyro. Predictably, I ended up having to go through levels over and over trying to figure out which gem I missed. Glad it's done.

• Alien Isolation - 1day 19 hours - 25%>25%
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night- 1 day 23 hours - 10%>10%

• Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered - 1 day 1 hour - 0%>0%

• :platinum: Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip - 11 hours 12 minutes - 0%>100%

• :platinum: Hotel Transylvania Scary-Tale Adventures - 1 day 9 hours - 0%>100%

• Alan Wake Remastered - 3 days 2 hours - 0%>1%

• Flipping Death - 16 hours 20 minutes - 0%>18%

• Cursed to Golf - 1 week 1 day - 0%>10%

• Like 2

L6adf63.png

Lone Survivor / 0%-100% / Rarest trophy 4.57%

Chipped away at this whenever I had down time. Took me 3 playthroughs and some save scumming. First playthrough I did blind and was decently creepy. By the third I was basically speed running it. Nothing actually difficult here, a few annoying trophies and a bunch of missables you need to be mindful of. With proper planning I think 2 playthroughs plus some save scumming is totally doable.

Declared games:

Spoiler
Halloween Event by MrHealthy
Icon Game Platform Progress Rarities Completion
Lcf54eb.png The Exorcist: Legion VR PS4, VR 0/31 - 0% 🏆 - / 💯 2.07% 🟥
Ld474b8.png Savage Halloween PS4 0/27 - 0% 🏆 4.23% / 💯 4.23% 🟥
Lbfd4ff.png Party Hard 2 PS4 0/38 - 0% 🏆 2.42% / 💯 2.42% 🟥
L6adf63.png Lone Survivor PS4, PS3, Vita 37/37 - 100% 🏆 4.57% / 💯 4.57% 🟩
L64efb4.png Inscryption PS4 0/41 - 0% 🏆 12.1% / 💯 12.1% 🟥
La34586.png Dead Space Extraction PS3 5/48 - 7% 🏆 5.75% / 💯 5.75% 🟦
🟥 = not started • 🟦 = started • 🟩 = complete
Generated with PSNP+

• Like 1

Throwing an update in and adding an additional game. I beat Death end re;Quest, so why not add the sequel since it is heading off of PS+ Extra in ten days and seems to lean more on the horror side from what I've seen from screenshots. Hopefully I can finish it before I actually do lose access to it!

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (PS4) [15%]

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3) [1%]

Death end re;Quest (PS4) [22% -> 51%]

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (PS4) [47%]

Kawaii Deathu Desu (Vita) [57% -> 92%]

Soul Hackers 2 (PS4) [44%]

Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ (PS4) [25%]

New

Death end re:Quest 2 (PS4) [0%]

• Like 1

I'm putting my first game on the board with Star Wars: Tales from Galaxy's Edge for the PSVR2. Reminded me of dressing as a Sith Lord multiple times for Halloween. Also i'm going to that Star Wars hotel at Disneyworld tis week before it closes down forever.

My List

1. Star Wars: Tales From Galaxy's Edge (PSVR2) - 0% -> 100% COMPLETE

2. Resident Evil Village (PS4) - 0%

3. Alan Wake Remastered (PS5) - 0%

• Like 2

I'm a little late but I've got my first game finished up. Doom (2016) is super fun older fps, I had started this game years ago but I never cared to go for the plat back then.

Updated List

-Doom 2016 (PS4) 17%->66%

-Nun Massacre (PS4) 0% 50th Fastest Achiever- 1 day, 14 hours

-Dead Space (PS3) 0% 50th Fastest Achievers- 1 day, 8 hours

Adding...

-Shady Part of Me (PS4) 0% 50th Fastest Achiever- 6 hours, 27 minutes (This ones close, but I'm confident it'll hold above the 6 hour mark) You play as a young girl with metal heath issues and her shadow companion solving spooky puzzles around a mental health asylum from the looks of it.

-Welcome to Hanwell (PS4) 0% 50th Fastest Achiever- 2 days, 13 hours A psychological horror game that has you exploring a nightmare fueled city of Hanwell that's overrun with anomalies.

-Serial Cleaner (PS4) 0% 50th Fastest Achiever- 18 hours, 9 minutes- In this game you play as a 'Cleaner' who is hired to remove/clean evidence at crime scenes in the 70's. It's a stealth/puzzle/rpg that gives off Hotline Miami vibes.

• Like 1

A good week 2 of the event for me as I finished one game and made strong progress on another.

Man of Medan was an alright entry into the choice and consequence horror genre but nothing too spectacular. The twist was fairly predictable and all the characters were unpleasant to some extent. On the other hand there's a lot of attention to detail with the various choices, so I enjoyed seeing some slightly different paths/endings on successive playthroughs.

I think the production value on these games is quite excellent, and Man of Medan mostly meets that standard. However, there's so much time spent walking through identical grey-green corridors with very little lighting that it starts to feel like they ran out of budget or ideas at some point. The scariest part for me was not knowing what the multiplayer experience would be like, but thankfully my fears were unfounded; it's quite simple to do solo with two consoles, and the game has easy options to resume a story in session if you have to stop/get disconnected. I also appreciated the handful of accessibility options that made hunting the platinum less stressful! As far as games developed by Supermassive I would rank this well behind Until Dawn and Quarry, but about equal to Little Hope - I haven't played the newer entries yet.

I also finished Resident Evil 6's campaigns. They are exceptionally long and poorly made for the most part. I didn't expect to have to replay so many of the same boss fights/set pieces from another character's perspective across multiple campaigns but it was somewhat painful given these are often the most tedious parts. There's only one campaign that wasn't designed primarily for co-op and it was my favourite by far. I wouldn't say it was great, but there were entertaining weapons to use and each level had a decent pacing to it. There isn't a single thing about this game remotely scary except for the fact that so many levels took close to an entire hour even with no deaths or backtracking.

I didn't end up starting Zombie Tycoon 2 as I originally planned (I blame NBA 2k24!) but this coming week I would like to start and finish it alongside finishing up Resident Evil 6.

Score to date:

Spoiler

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011: 198.37 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 1.63% Rarest Trophy)

Resident Evil 6: 122.2 (47 -> 83 Completion Percentage, 13.80% Rarest Trophy)

Dark Pictures: Man of Medan: 191.86 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 8.14% Rarest Trophy)

Total Score: 512.43

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

-Serial Cleaner (PS4) 0% 50th Fastest Achiever- 18 hours, 9 minutes- In this game you play as a 'Cleaner' who is hired to remove/clean evidence at crime scenes in the 70's. It's a stealth/puzzle/rpg that gives off Hotline Miami vibes.

Cheers to someone else also playing Serial Cleaner!

9 hours ago, VersusCA said:

Man of Medan

The scariest part for me was not knowing what the multiplayer experience would be like, but thankfully my fears were unfounded; it's quite simple to do solo with two consoles, and the game has easy options to resume a story in session if you have to stop/get disconnected.

Ah! I'm so glad to hear this - that was my big fear as well. With the second console, do you need to play sections of each chapter with the second character/controller? Or can you still do everything solo, you just have the second console loaded into the game session to make it multiplayer?

• Like 1

@pelagia14Aye nice, didn't realize anyone else was playing that game for this event. I just randomly found it a few days ago while browsing the most recent sale on psn. It looked pretty chill and intriguing so I figured I'd give it a shot. If you end up playing it before me, let me know what you think of it. 👌

• Like 1

L76eed5.png

I have finished one that doesn't count for the event. It was Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York. The game is a visual novel choose-your-own-adventure type game. Because it's a visual novel, you can just keep clicking next and advance the story and earn trophies without reading anything in about an hour and that's why it wouldn't qualify for the event. Enough people have done that to make the 50th fastest time way below the six hour mark. I actually read through the visual novel though. It's fairly interesting and I feel it was a good introduction to the World of Darkness setting in which all the Vampire: The Masquerade games take place. You learn about the shadow government of the vampires and the various clans within. There's more feral vampires, vampires into sorcery and magic, standard ones etc. You play as one of three new vampires. Which person you pick changes the introduction chapter up a bit, but after the story is basically the same. The things you can change with different abilities are very minor. If you needed information, did you punch it out of someone or talk it out of someone. Either way, you have the information and the story moves forward the same way. Aside from having to finish the game once as each character, the trophies are reasonable and come with natural progression. I am going to be playing the related Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, which will count for the event. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pelagia14 said:

Ah! I'm so glad to hear this - that was my big fear as well. With the second console, do you need to play sections of each chapter with the second character/controller? Or can you still do everything solo, you just have the second console loaded into the game session to make it multiplayer?

It's actually an interesting system, each player is assigned their own character every chapter. Sometimes both players are seeing the same cutscene or engaged in the same conversation, but other times for example one character is sitting on a boat and the other is in an undersea dive. There are three miscellaneous trophies that are good to get in co-op because you can control both sides of a conversation, but they all occur early in the game.  There's also an accessibility setting that stops quick time events from running out of time - very useful for if you are using two accounts during an action scene!

There are also collectibles that initially can only be obtained in co-op, however if you beat the solo story once (and download the free dlc) you unlock Curator mode, which allows you to play from the perspective of alternate characters even during a solo game. I did these collectibles in curator mode, not co-op, because I read that there are some issues with them counting if done in co-op.

It might sound a bit complicated but the walkthrough on Trueachievements makes it simple :) The only real change I made was with the co-op collectibles.

Adding 2 more games-

4. DOOM Eternal- I mean, it's set in Hell and incredibly gory and blood filled. 

5. Namco Museum Archives Vol. 1: Pac Man has ghosts, there's aliens involved, and most of all, Splatterhouse is a thing that exists and is included.

Double checking before I get too far in any other games- I don't have to play my games in order, do I?

E.g, can I stop Alan wake midway thru, boost the Doom multi-player Trophies and complete Namco, then resume Alan without any issue, and still have it all count?

I posted a fun Halloween picture originally, but the link stopped working, so I removed it and I'll just post a status update instead. It is now Friday, 9/15. I've been doing a few games at the same time. When I finish a chapter of one, I've been switching to a different game. I haven't been equally rotating through them, so Alien: Isolation has had more chapters played than the rest. 

Completed Games

• Sec76b3.png :platinum: - Pretty decent dual-stick shooter. Nothing very challenging to do trophy-wise. Recommend it for a quick plat for the event.
  • S115375.png :platinum: - This is a collect-a-thon game. Get all the gems in the levels etc. Unfortunately, annoying  and not recommended by me. 

Played this week

• Sc73632.png 25% > 40% - I platted this on an older account I abandoned. Not as fun to do it a second time. I recommend it, if you haven't played it before.
  • S9769f8.png 0% > 21% - I've liked this more than expected. You never know with movie tie-ins. This is my 3rd movie tie-in of the event, best one of the bunch. 

• S127bcc.png 0%>28% - This one is pretty humorous and fun. You take the place of the grim reaper, who is going on vacation, and solve ghosts' problems.

• S73b8b7.png 0% > 5% - Pretty intriguing so far. Very creepy and atmospheric. The remaster holds up pretty well to modern expectations. 

• S0dd34c.png 0% > 0% - I feel asleep playing it, not a strong start. The game mechanics are similar to The Council, which I wrote a trophy guide for in the past. 

To-do list

• S7c47f2.png 11% > 11% - I was playing this before the event was announced and stopped so I could do it as part of the event. Very good Castlevania-like.

• S00fde4.png 0% > 10% - Kind of interesting how it's a rogue-like. If you can't get to the hole in the required swings, you re-die and start from the beginning. 

• S8fc9e7.png 2% > 2% - I've been meaning to play this for years. Excited to get going on it. 

• Se1d9ec.png 40% > 40% - I was trying to play the ps4 and ps5 version at the same time in the past and burnt out on it and stopped.  Finishing it now. 

• Sc33094.png 38% > 38% - I played through this with my wife in the past for a movie night. Now, it just a matter of getting collectibles and specific endings.

• S21596f.png 1% - 1% - This game is really fun. I can't remember why I moved on from it before. You are trying to recover a soul that was stolen from you. 

Edited by Spacey_Dweeb
  • Like 3

Adding one more, and really hoping the order I play doesn't matter (or that we get amnesty since we did not know), because I don't want to wait to give this one a try.

6. Mortal Kombat 1. Doubt I'll have time to get the plat, but think I can knock out the majority of it!

Edited by GuitaristZag

L64efb4.png

Inscryption / 0% - 73% / Rarest earned trophy 14.09%

Played through the main story of the game and started Kaycee's mod. Kaycee'ss mod is kicking my ass so I am gonna take a break for a while. The first act of the story is super fun, really creepy and mysterious. Loved it a lot. Kaycee's mod mode expands on this. As for the rest of the game (major spoilers below):

Spoiler

Act 2 takes the game from the creepy 3D card game to a not at all creepy SNES style card game. It still has some mystery but is a shocking departure. It also changes the way the game is played a lot. Introducing several new systems which can be frustrating to learn after spending so much time doing other stuff. And due to RNG with card pack pulls you can absolutely get soft locked with shitty cards and have to restart the act which happened to me. It was a frustrating experience and killed the pace of the game a ton.

Act 3 brings it back to 3D and brings a little horror back but not a ton. Gameplay gets better again in act 3 though and I ultimately enjoyed it. Honestly I wish there as an expanded version of this act like there is for act 1 with Kaycee's mod. The finale is also pretty cool.

There are some annoying missables in the game which can require replaying large chunks if you are not aware. Thankfully it has a chapter select.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 2

Week 3 update time!

I started the week finishing off Resident Evil 6 as I had very little left after finishing all the campaigns last week. Honestly I didn't mind the clean-up too much, though of course very thankful for the glitch that allows you to play only the last part of each level to count towards professional completion. It was quite mindless but went quicker than expected, and it feels good to get a 100% with lots of DLC trophies!

I kept the Resident Evil momentum going by picking up the other critically maligned game in the franchise released in 2012: Operation Raccoon City. I honestly found this to be heaps more enjoyable than RE6. It's still not especially good but it moves at a much faster pace and has a far better story (except for the parts where famous characters in the RE universe get shoehorned in). The four player co-op is also not nearly as annoying with bots as RE6's two player - the AI companions dying doesn't impede your progress, and when you move to a new area they automatically warp to you instead of having to slowly run over to touch the same door you're touching. It controls like pretty much every other cover shooter in the mid to late PS3 era, and the inclusion of human enemies allows for more traditional gun play in tandem with the slaughtering of zombie hordes. I've finished everything except the S+ rankings, which seem like they should be a fun yet manageable challenge over the next couple days.

Earlier tonight I finally got around to starting the Zombie Tycoon 2 campaign. It actually goes quite fast - I beat half the levels with all secondary objectives/collectibles in a leisurely 2.5 hour session with frequent breaks/distractions. I like the simplified real-time strategy controls and the characters/world-building are cute enough. My main criticism is that the maps are way too large for how simple the game is, especially in the most recent level I played. Given how simple the actual strategies tend to be, and the lack of a real base/resource system, the maps being so large feels more like filler/padding than thoughtful inclusions. It's a reasonably enjoyable change of pace and probably will end up being a fairly quick completion for anyone who wants to dabble in strategy gaming, but it's not something I would actively recommend to most people.

For the upcoming week, my plans are to finish both games that I started this week, as well as Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

Score to date:

Spoiler

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011: 198.37 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 1.63% Rarest Trophy)

Resident Evil 6: 141.07 (47 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 11.93% Rarest Trophy)

Dark Pictures: Man of Medan: 191.88 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 8.12% Rarest Trophy)

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: 153.25 (20 -> 82% Completion Percentage, 8.75% Rarest Trophy)

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge: 121.25 (24 -> 50% Completion Percentage, 4.75% Rarest Trophy)

Total Score: 805.82

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 4

First Update, here is my list of progress:

1.- Stubbs the Zombie: 0%-0%

2.- The Persistence (ps5): 0%-0%

3.- Saints Row Gat out of hell (ps4)  0%- default_platinum.png 1L91f1dc.png

4.- ERICA. 0%-0%

5.- Deathloop. 0%-default_platinum.png 1L99b92f.png

6.- Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge. 10%-10%

7. Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood PS5. 0%-0%

8.- The Mummy Demastered. 0%-0%

9.- The Incredible Aventures of Van Helsing. 0%-0%

10.- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope. 0%-0%

11.- Ghostwire Tokyo.- 0% - 8%

12.-The Last of us Part I.- 0% - 0%

13.- Sweet Witches. 0%-0%

First I finished Deathloop before it was out of Extra, from the creators of Dishonored and Prey, here we have Deathloop, a game which has somewhat similar gameplay mechanics but with Edge of tomorrow twist, sounds awesome, and is not as good as what I expected, but after a few runs I think is actually good, but it takes some time to really like it. Still is probably the least good game out of the others mentioned. Not a lot of horror on this one, other than imagine living one day everyday unless you kill a bunch of guys in one day, kinda thing. The thing that bothered me more is that most of the scenarios had so much more potential and it really fell short.

Then Saints Row Gat Out of Hell. The game that really put a stop on Saints Row games, that said this was more like a Standalone DLC and not really a full game, still the game was short and small and even at that the game was so buggy in so many things, is just disappointing, the humor which it was the best part of  SRIII and IV, in this one was extremely mediocre, so sad. The theme here is being in hell, and going against the devil, again the game was very disappointing even in the "story", it basically starts and ends in 3 missions, everything else is just the open world and it does fell like they cut a lot of things planned for the story in order to make a quick buck.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2