I Know What You Did Last 13 Plats of Halloween

With Death end re;Quest 2 leaving PS+ today, I did manage to finish it last night just in time! I'll probably go back and finish the first game now before doing anything else in the list. I also finished up Kawaii Deathu Desu which didn't take too long.

Going to add a few additional games here, the Akiba's Trip series deals with both cosplay and vampires, which definitely reminds me of Halloween overall. (Also, I completely forgot it existed when making my original list.) To keep the Vita relevant (and adding another Compile Heart game) I'll be adding in Trillion: God of Destruction, with its Disgaea-like Netherworld and various demons make it a good choice for the event. Finally, with Alan Wake II releasing next month, I'll add in the first game to my list as well. I played it on PC and remember most of it, but I think it's good to get a refresher on what happened. That leaves two slots left, which I will keep open for the time being.

Already declared:

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (PS4) [15%]

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3) [1%]

Death end re;Quest (PS4) [22% -> 60%]

Death end re:Quest 2 (PS4) [0% -> 100% :platinum:]

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (PS4) [47%]

Kawaii Deathu Desu (Vita) [57% -> 100% :platinum:]

Soul Hackers 2 (PS4) [44%]

Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ (PS4) [25%]

Added:

Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed (PS4) [8%]

Alan Wake Remastered (PS4) [0%]

Trillion: God of Destruction (Vita) [0%]

• Like 3

On 8/28/2023 at 11:59 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

Here are my starting games for the Plats of Halloween:

• 1) Slain: Back From Hell
    • I've been playing this game on and off for a while and need to get this game finished in the trophy sense.
    • It has many Horror elements as well as a banging metal soundtrack for ripping everything apart. Blood, gore, crows, eldritch creatures all feature in this 2D side-scroller. Made easier by save-scumming but that didn't work for me when I tried it. So legit ways needed to get this off my profile.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 21H - 45% complete.
  • 2) Ord.
    • I completed the EU stack and used the NA stack for a competition, just need to finish it up.
    • It's a very simple text adventure game which has three story options. One of them is you surviving a creepy house, trying to escape without being eaten, beaten or locked up again. Creepy in a minimalist type way.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 17H 16M - 95% complete.
  • 3) Whiskey & Zombies
    • This is a cheap and cheerful horde game with some puzzle elements which I am just very bad at. Hope to get through the story levels and see what happens to the rednecks!
    • Simply put, we have zombies and rednecks trying to fight off the zombie hordes to save their whiskey and their town. Silly but fun.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 6M 2W - 34% complete.
  • 4) Cold Silence
    • An underrated game that doesn't have much attention but is enjoyable in the 2D Cave Story style it presents.
    • This game has intrigue, zombie like creatures, priests who like ritualistic sacrifice and the unending white snow makes you feel all the desperation and loneliness. Perfect for a horror game.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 2H - 54% complete.
  • 5) Evil Within 2
    • I enjoyed the original Evil Within, it had issues with pacing and the way that mechanics were discarded to frequently but the sequel is better in most ways and has a conclusion I feel was good for the series.
    • Facing a town of mutated bodies that want to smash your face in, creepy psychopaths who can stop time and body horror creatures out the wazoo, this game is the most mainstream horror game I have, and it is time that I finished it.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 9H - 82% complete.

So I actually did it, I finished a game for this event. Evil Within 2 has been completed and Classic Mode has been bested. I enjoyed my semi-speed run through the game, but I am glad to have finished up the game after 4 years being on my profile.

I will be adding some more to my list soon, I just have to find some that I can finish in time to keep the Slasher off my neck...

• Like 2

Congrats on all the progress everyone! Admittedly, I need to do a bit more to keep the Slasher away. I've been focusing on growing the elusive White Moonflower for the Legendary Gardener trophy in Nier, and it's been taking me much longer than I would like, since I'm waiting out the 48-hour time periods between crops without adjusting my PS3's clock because I don't want to run into glitches or issues. Thankfully, I'm on the last cross-pollination (Pink x Peach). So, hopefully, I'll be able to really make more progress in the game's campaign soon.

I also started my Hard Mode playthrough in Star Trek, and it's going well so far. I'm not looking forward to the co-op playthrough (which I'm planning to do on Easy). The top-bottom split screen set-up is a pain. But, it is what it is, lol. I'll save any other thoughts I have on the game(s) for when I've actually earned the plat / completed them.

I'm also taking this opportunity to add 2 games to my list. They are numbered as 4 & 5 in the table below. (Side Note: Apparently, The Quarry is leaving PS Plus in October)

#

Game Name

System

50th Fastest Time

Plat Rarity

Pre-Event Progress

Current Progress

Halloween Connection?

NieR

PS3

5 Days, 20 Hours

7.75%

4%

11%

Setting has monsters and magic.

Star Trek

PS3

3 Days, 15 Hours

4.95%

8%

16%

Features aliens.

Trinity Universe

PS3

1 Week. 3 Days

4.58%

2%

2%

One of the main characters is a demon god.

New Additions:

The Quarry

PS4

2 Days, 10 Hours

11.72%

0%

0%

The atmosphere of the game echoes classic teen-slasher horror movies.

Balan Wonderworld

PS4

6 Days, 8 Hours

7.52%

0%

0%

The child protagonist both collects and wears dozens of costumes during the game.

Edited by InfinateEternity
Formatting.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, InfinateEternity said:

I also started my Hard Mode playthrough in Star Trek, and it's going well so far. I'm not looking forward to the co-op playthrough (which I'm planning to do on Easy). The top-bottom split screen set-up is a pain. But, it is what it is, lol. I'll save any other thoughts I have on the game(s) for when I've actually earned the plat / completed them.

For the co-op, you only have to play the final sub-level of each chapter in split-screen. So beat the game on hard like you currently plan to, then go through the last part of each level in chapter select on easy with two controllers. It would be way too annoying to do the entire game in split screen x.x Especially the co-op hacking mini-game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VersusCA said:

For the co-op, you only have to play the final sub-level of each chapter in split-screen. So beat the game on hard like you currently plan to, then go through the last part of each level in chapter select on easy with two controllers

Thank you so much! I will definitely take your advice! :) I honestly wasn't aware that just doing the last part of each chapter in level select would count for the co-op trophies, after the game was completed once. So, knowing that it does, saves me a lot of grief.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Thank you so much! I will definitely take your advice! :) I honestly wasn't aware that just doing the last part of each chapter in level select would count for the co-op trophies, after the game was completed once. So, knowing that it does, saves me a lot of grief.

I got the platinum doing the co-op solo. I remember the final level with the escape sequence being pretty challenging. It is do-able, but frustrating. Best of luck!

On 9/12/2023 at 5:26 PM, GuitaristZag said:

Double checking before I get too far in any other games- I don't have to play my games in order, do I?

E.g, can I stop Alan wake midway thru, boost the Doom multi-player Trophies and complete Namco, then resume Alan without any issue, and still have it all count?

Whichever order you want. No need to go in order at all.

New game declarations have been added, also tracked completions to some extent. 

The first purge is not far off, getting points on the board may be enough to fend off elimination. You do not want to be caught sleeping by Freddy Krueger one month after the event started.

I just knocked out my first declared game:

Zombi. Do not recommend this one. It is as if someone at Ubisoft looked at Resident Evil 4 and said, what if we did that. But, you know, without polish, optimization, story, etc. It really is a wonder why it was ported over at all. Turned out to be pretty buggy. Had to do an entire extra playthru due to a progress bug close to the end of one run. Also, froze after a lengthy section in Survival mode. It was definitely a chore to platinum. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I just knocked out my first declared game:

Zombi. Do not recommend this one. It is as if someone at Ubisoft looked at Resident Evil 4 and said, what if we did that. But, you know, without polish, optimization, story, etc. It really is a wonder why it was ported over at all. Turned out to be pretty buggy. Had to do an entire extra playthru due to a progress bug close to the end of one run. Also, froze after a lengthy section in Survival mode. It was definitely a chore to platinum. 

At least you slogged through it. I'm struggling to want to put the time into it right now.

I want to test myself, so @blu3st4rdust305 can you pick me a game to complete for the event please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

At least you slogged through it. I'm struggling to want to put the time into it right now.

I want to test myself, so @blu3st4rdust305 can you pick me a game to complete for the event please.

I slog through everything I start. It is a curse, really.  If you want the secret sauce for Zombi - do not follow the guides for playthru order. Get the Survivor run out of the way first. Take it super slow, except for the end sequence. I mean, knock each skull in, even if they look dead. I never had pressure opening doors or exploring. The only part that way truly a pain to do with no prior practice is the arena towards the end. Lots of cheap deaths there. After the big slog of Survivor is over, the other 2 playthrus are a walk in the park. I did Normal second and barely thought about it, died a few times. Chicken was a speed run.

As for a test for yourself...... I ran thru your backlog of uncompleted games and there are some gems left on the vine (Sayonara Wild Hearts, Deux Ex Human Revolution, c'mon - also, Magicka 2 is on my backlog)

There is also a notable absence from your log. 

I will provide a choice of 2 games, one you already have in your backlog to finish up and one new addition perfect for this event. Neither too tough or super long. Take your pick:

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - The whole world of Batman is pretty dark and spooky. Plus a lot of people dressed up as a Batman character at some point for Halloween. 

OR

Alien: Isolation - Scary, survival game. I played it for the event last year and I loved it. Pretty heart pounding at moments and there is a section, near the end, which is full of cheap scares. 

@blu3st4rdust305 I have a question regarding eliminations: Only 20% will make it to the end but we only have 19 contestants, will the final number be rounded up to 4 or down to 3?

I'll also declare my final two games:

Aliens: Colonial Marines - It's an entry in the iconic sci-fi/horror franchise with frightening review scores.

Dark Pictures: House of Ashes - Another entry in the narrative driven horror series.

Both currently on 0% completion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

I just finished this recently. It's a boring slog. First play through is alright at best. But then you have to do two more playthroughs with no meaningful changes to get two more play through specific collectibles. It's tedious constantly scanning stuff. The combat is very boring and janky. Trying to navigate a 3D prison with a 2D top down map while you only move left and right and the fixed camera constantly changes is confusing as hell. I do not recommend.

I was hoping to have a new completed game this week. I decided to focus on Alien Isolation. I've gotten all trophies but one (and the platinum, of course). I need the trophy for finishing the game without dying. I should have gotten it on the last run, I can't think of a time that I died. I deleted my whole save and I'm going to restart it with nothing in the memory at all. Hopefully, on the easiest difficulty and being able to kill the humans will make it a faster playthrough. Other than that, my college courses have started and I have to work around them again. No more completely free weekends during the event. 

Completed Games

• Sec76b3.png 0% > :platinum: - Pretty decent dual-stick shooter. Nothing very challenging to do trophy-wise. Recommend it for a quick plat for the event.
  • S115375.png 0% > :platinum: - This is a collect-a-thon game. Get all the gems in the levels etc. Unfortunately, annoying  and not recommended by me. 

Played this week

• Sc73632.png 25% > 91% - I platted this on an older account I abandoned. Not as fun to do it a second time. I recommend it, if you haven't played it before.
  • S127bcc.png 0% > 31% - This one is pretty humorous and fun. You take the place of the grim reaper, who is going on vacation, and solve ghosts' problems.

To-do list

• S7c47f2.png 11% > 11% - I was playing this before the event was announced and stopped so I could do it as part of the event. Very good Castlevania-like.

• S00fde4.png 0% > 10% - Kind of interesting how it's a rogue-like. If you can't get to the hole in the required swings, you re-die and start from the beginning. 

• S8fc9e7.png 2% > 2% - I've been meaning to play this for years. Excited to get going on it.

• S73b8b7.png 0% > 5% - Pretty intriguing so far. Very creepy and atmospheric. The remaster holds up pretty well to modern expectations. 

• S0dd34c.png 0% > 0% - I feel asleep playing it, not a strong start. The game mechanics are similar to The Council, which I wrote a trophy guide for in the past. 

• S9769f8.png 0% > 21% - I've liked this more than expected. You never know with movie tie-ins. This is my 3rd movie tie-in of the event, best one of the bunch.  

• Se1d9ec.png 40% > 40% - I was trying to play the ps4 and ps5 version at the same time in the past and burnt out on it and stopped.  Finishing it now. 

• Sc33094.png 38% > 38% - I played through this with my wife in the past for a movie night. Now, it just a matter of getting collectibles and specific endings.

• S21596f.png 1% - 1% - This game is really fun. I can't remember why I moved on from it before. You are trying to recover a soul that was stolen from you. 

• Like 3

Lcf54eb.png

The Exorcist Legion VR  / 0% - 100% / Rarest trophy: 6.44%

The game is set up as you playing a Boston homicide detective who is investigating the ritualistic death of a pastor and quickly learn of demons possessing people both living and dead. Unfortunately despite the set up of investigating you don't actually do much of it. Mostly you just pick up some notes and flip some switches in order to trigger the next section. It would have been nice if you actually had to figure a few things out. There are some optional puzzles to enhance your demon hunting equipment but it doesn't really add to the experience. And to be honest I don't even know what those upgrades did, I didn't notice any changes. The tools are also just underutilized. A couple instances of using the lamp, holy water and salt mist, otherwise you mostly just use your cross on the demons.

In terms of plot the first 3 chapters see you exorcising demons around Boston, the pastor in the church, a women in an insane asylum, and a baby in a typical home. And those made sense, they linked to the pastors notes and packages getting sent to you. Chapters 4 & 5 see you jetting off internationally. The game gives zero context as to how a Boston detective gets the go ahead to investigate an epidemic in Haiti and a tomb in Syria. But sure, lets just roll with it. First time through all the chapters and I do think they offer some creepy moments and a few jump scares. Willing to admit it successfully got me a few times.

Loses all of it's scares when you have to replay each chapter to get miscellaneous trophies and objectives for chapter 100%. Several of the 100% objectives were also finicky and took several attempts which is a right pain since you have to play the whole chapter again. The chapters are crazy short though so it wasn't the worst. First time through maybe 20 - 30 mins each when you don't know what you are doing. Once you known the triggers they can be completed in 10 minutes easily save for the last chapter.

Due to the games episodic release each chapters trophies are listed as separate DLC and the base game list is just some misc trophies you can do in the 3D hub that acts as the games chapter select. Though some of those base game trophies actually need you to progress in the chapters before you can do them. No plat but that doesn't bother me. Overall first run through was pretty good. 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th runs were a pain. Not really a super noteworthy VR game though. I got it for super cheap, about $8 CAD, so I can't complain. Was worth that price.

Halloween Event by MrHealthy
Icon Game Platform Progress Rarities Completion
Lcf54eb.png The Exorcist: Legion VR PS4, VR 31/31 - 100% 🏆 - / 💯 2.05% 🟩
Ld474b8.png Savage Halloween PS4 0/27 - 0% 🏆 4.21% / 💯 4.21% 🟥
Lbfd4ff.png Party Hard 2 PS4 0/38 - 0% 🏆 2.42% / 💯 2.42% 🟥
L6adf63.png Lone Survivor PS4, PS3, Vita 37/37 - 100% 🏆 4.57% / 💯 4.57% 🟩
L64efb4.png Inscryption PS4 34/41 - 73% 🏆 11.86% / 💯 11.86% 🟦
La34586.png Dead Space Extraction PS3 5/48 - 7% 🏆 5.75% / 💯 5.75% 🟦
🟥 = not started • 🟦 = started • 🟩 = complete
Generated with PSNP+
  • Like 3

On 9/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, VersusCA said:

@blu3st4rdust305 I have a question regarding eliminations: Only 20% will make it to the end but we only have 19 contestants, will the final number be rounded up to 4 or down to 3?

I would like to err on the side of letting more people finish, but the point gap may be deciding factor.

Also, updated declared games on sheet.

I am declaring my 4th game, with the completion of The Quarry.  Noted it was leaving PS+ Extra next month and figure it was finally time to pull the trigger. Spooky Supermassive Game with creatures in the night.

It suffers the same pitfalls as all other Supermassive story games, a dreadful trophy list. In fact, this one is probably the worst list, as the game saves after EVERY SINGLE action and you can't backtrack to a prior chapter until you have a clear save. Even then, if you chapter select and save, your clear file is gone. No way to speed past dialogue or scenes at all, really makes for a tedious affair. I wish they would add a fast forward for fully viewed scenes at least. 

Outside of the trophies, I enjoyed the story. Probably my favorite of theirs since Until Dawn. Good cast of characters and a decent set up for a horror story. The pacing is off. Chapter 7 is like grinding the entire game to a painful halt. Why put all of the exposition in a single, very long, pretty boring, chapter? Also, don't think about the timelines and causation too much, else it starts falling apart. 

Played it on PS4 and it was fine. Some delayed textures and audio clipping, but minor. The load times were mercifully quick as well. Game looks very good. 2K definitely gave the developers a nice budget to bring the animation quality up from the Dark Pictures Anthology. Also appreciated that there were no apparent recycled character models from prior games. 

Zombi - 50th fastest is 1 day, 12 hours. - 0->100% - 3.29%

Slain: Back from Hell - 50th fastest is 1 day, 22 hours - 0%

Bound by Flame (PS4) - 50th fastest is 1 day, 23 hours - 0%

The Quarry (PS4) - 50th fastest is 2 days, 8 hours - 0-100% - 11.73%

• Like 3

@MrHealthy Yooo I never noticed that PSNP+ can generate tables from the game lists we create! I'll definitely be using that feature when I make an update in the next day or two.

@blu3st4rdust305 Ugh, I'm trying to finish The Quarry right now as well. I completely agree with you that the story / first playthrough is pretty decent, but then their shitty "Chapter Select" system and autosaving after every action makes successive playthroughs to get the platinum very frustrating. Twice I've screwed up a run in Chapter 4 😒, today I'm going to start using the Cloud backup save method and make sure it doesn't auto-update.

• Like 3

Icon Game Platform Progress Rarities Completion
L46f259.png Deathloop PS5 59/59 - 100% 🏆 15.57% / 💯 6.78% 🟩
L25afc0.png Saints Row: Gat out of Hell PS4 46/46 - 100% 🏆 9.11% / 💯 9.11% 🟩
L18a97a.png Stubbs the Zombie PS4 0/35 - 0% 🏆 5.41% / 💯 5.41% 🟥
L73b365.png Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood PS5 0/44 - 0% 🏆 16.62% / 💯 16.62% 🟥
L6b3939.png Ghostwire: Tokyo PS5 65/67 - 95% 🏆 25.49% / 💯 2.26% default_platinum.png
L34edbe.png The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope PS5 0/31 - 0% 🏆 10.73% / 💯 10.73% 🟥
L720311.png Sweet Witches PS4 0/24 - 0% 🏆 11.53% / 💯 11.53% 🟥
L6b8c04.png The Last of Us Part I PS5 0/29 - 0% 🏆 44.04% / 💯 44.04% 🟥
L1a1c1d.png The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing PS4 0/41 - 0% 🏆 9.36% / 💯 9.36% 🟥
L2cd261.png The Mummy Demastered PS4 0/38 - 0% 🏆 34.21% / 💯 34.21% 🟥
L779928.png Erica PS4 15/34 - 40% 🏆 17.44% / 💯 17.45% 🟦
L8675a6.png Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge PS3, Vita 7/37 - 10% 🏆 3.5% / 💯 3.5% 🟦
Lf2502c.png The Persistence PS5 0/44 - 0% 🏆 4.22% / 💯 4.22% 🟥
🟥 = not started • 🟦 = started • 🟩 = complete
Generated with PSNP+

Well since PSNP+ can do this alone, I am going to use it as much as I can, since it simplifies my posts.

Anyway my small update is I platinumed Ghostwire Tokyo, I might stick out to finish the DLC, even tho it doesn't count here, but I rather do it now since this game will be removed from the PsPlus Extra catalog very soon, just like Deathloop.

So, Ghostwire Tokyo, I am amazed that the platinum has higher rarity than 20%. Of all the games that I have played for this event, this one is the longest, the hardest and the most tedious. That said the game is really really good, but once you go for the platinum, man this game becomes very repetitive, remember Borderlands 1, where there was like 5 different enemies, they only changed colors, speed and strenght, but it was the same models?, this game is essentially that, so when you are hunting for every tanuki, spirit, statue, relic, etc. etc. the combat becomes very repetitive. How the hell is this platinum over 20% is something that blows my mind, I remember saying at one point "I cannot believe they are making me collect this crazy amount of spirits" even the forum posts complain about the game becoming tedious and still over 20%? I guess a lot of people are as crazy as I am.... Anyway, The basic story of this game is that some sort of evil ghost, makes every human in tokyo a spirit, so it is only you against all kinds of monsters and ghosts. Not scary at all to be honest, but the extra additions that they made in the Spider Update, adds a schools building, and the missions in there are actually kinda scary. I wish there was more of that.

Do I recommend this game? Yes, the platinum gets tedious, but if you plan out the game and really pace yourself, you might enjoy it. At the end of the day you can beat the game normally and then come back later and do all the collectible nonsense when listening to a podcast or something. I tried to do everything in one run and as fast as possible, so that's my fault.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Outside of the trophies, I enjoyed the story. Probably my favorite of theirs since Until Dawn. Good cast of characters and a decent set up for a horror story. The pacing is off. Chapter 7 is like grinding the entire game to a painful halt. Why put all of the exposition in a single, very long, pretty boring, chapter? Also, don't think about the timelines and causation too much, else it starts falling apart. 

I agree with you. This one is the best one since Until Dawn, you just can't think too hard about the plot. The trophies are a pain in the ass. 

• Like 1

I managed to get two new games completed this week. Unfortunately, both required an extra playthrough for a glitched trophy. Alien Isolation didn't reward the trophy for no deaths the first time I did it. It's possible it wasn't a glitch and I messed up, but I really don't remember an actual death. I think I paused and reloaded a save whenever I realized I was in a bad situation. I get pretty tired sometimes when I play late, so maybe a death didn't register with my brain.

The next game was Lost in Random, both of the cumulative trophies for all puzzles and all collectibles didn't pop when they should have. I was able to reload a save for the all collectibles trophy. It still acted strangely but it sorted itself out eventually. For the Master Puzzler trophy, I had to play through most of the game again. I know I didn't miss a puzzle because each of the six puzzles pops an individual trophy. If I had missed one of them, I'd be missing another trophy too. Between the two games, I probably lost a dozen hours or so replaying stuff I shouldn't have needed to. Frustrating, but that's the trophy hunter life. 

Completed Games

• Sec76b3.png 0% > :platinum: - Pretty decent dual-stick shooter. Nothing very challenging to do trophy-wise. Recommend it for a quick plat for the event.
  • S115375.png 0% > :platinum: - This is a collect-a-thon game. Get all the gems in the levels etc. Unfortunately, annoying  and not recommended by me. 

• Sc73632.png 25% > :platinum: - I platted this on an older account I abandoned. Not as fun to do it a second time. I recommend it, if you haven't played it before.

• Se1d9ec.png 40% > :platinum: - Very kid-friendly spooky and great for Halloween. Unfortunately, glitchy trophies make me not recommend it for trophy hunters.

Advanced this week

• S0dd34c.png 0% > 1% - I finished chapter 1 and popped a trophy for this one. I fell asleep playing it last week. 

To-do list

• S7c47f2.png 11% > 11% - I was playing this before the event was announced and stopped so I could do it as part of the event. Very good Castlevania-like.

• S00fde4.png 0% > 10% - Kind of interesting how it's a rogue-like. If you can't get to the hole in the required swings, you re-die and start from the beginning. 

• S8fc9e7.png 2% > 2% - I've been meaning to play this for years. Excited to get going on it.

• S73b8b7.png 0% > 5% - Pretty intriguing so far. Very creepy and atmospheric. The remaster holds up pretty well to modern expectations. 

• S127bcc.png 0% > 31% - This one is pretty humorous and fun. You take the place of the grim reaper, who is going on vacation, and solve ghosts' problems.

• S9769f8.png 0% > 21% - I've liked this more than expected. You never know with movie tie-ins. This is my 3rd movie tie-in of the event, best one of the bunch.  

• Sc33094.png 38% > 38% - I played through this with my wife in the past for a movie night. Now, it just a matter of getting collectibles and specific endings.

• S21596f.png 1% - 1% - This game is really fun. I can't remember why I moved on from it before. You are trying to recover a soul that was stolen from you. 

Edited by Spacey_Dweeb
  • Like 3

October check in. I managed to do 10/13 of my games to 100% completion. It's been a fun month, and definitely hoping to get final 3 100% by the end.

Dead Space 3 - 70% - still 70%
Drums Rock - 6% - 86% :platinum:
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - 9% - still 9%

Organ Quarter - 0% - 100% :platinum:

Fobia: St. Dinfna Hotel (PS5) - 0% - 100% :platinum:

Resident Evil Code Veronica X - 0% - 100% :platinum:
Bad Dreams - 0% - 100% :platinum:
The Room VR: Dark Matter (PS5) - 0% - 100%
Surv1v3 PS5 - 0% - 100% :platinum:
Last Labyrinth PS5 - 0% - 100% :platinum:
Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku - 0% - 100%
Severed - 3% - 100% :platinum:
Stifled - 6% - 100% :platinum:

• Like 3

Updated.

We are approaching the halfway mark of the event and we are a week out from the first strike. 

Completed another game: Slain: Back from Hell. Enjoyed the mechanics, aesthetics and style of the game.  2-D action, platformer, with some cheap traps and timing parry/crit combat. Includes pIxel art, metal soundtrack, demons, skeletons, blood, the whole deal. You even have headband after downing almost every boss for a trophy.

The platinum includes a no death run and no hit on all bosses, plus no magic (ranged attacks or specials) run. The no death run can be scummed, but there are sections with trophies which require getting the section done without dying or getting hit, like the Wolf Run chase or the first level. Best bet is to take your time from checkpoint to checkpoint to ensure you don't run into a trap or get caught with bad timing on multiple enemies at the same time. The game is divided up in 5-10 minute levels, which are good to practice to learn the enemies and hone skills before committing to a no death run.

Zombi - 50th fastest is 1 day, 12 hours. - 0->100% - 3.29% 

Slain: Back from Hell - 50th fastest is 1 day, 22 hours - 0%->100% - 4.07%

Bound by Flame (PS4) - 50th fastest is 1 day, 23 hours - 0%

The Quarry (PS4) - 50th fastest is 2 days, 8 hours - 0-100% - 11.73% 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 2:53 PM, GuitaristZag said:

Declaring number 8- Namco Museum Archives Vol. 2- Pac Land has ghosts, Galaga involves space and aliens, and Dragon Buster II is my personal hell and Nightmare after how much I'm hating the original.

Just finished Namco Vol. 2. Drastically easier than volume 1. 

Declaring game 9- The Quarry (PS5)

• Like 1

It's been a couple weeks since I posted! I didn't do an update for last week because I didn't actually do much towards this event besides pop the plats for Zombie Tycoon 2 and Resident Evil: ORC. This past week I've mainly been cleaning up games I started in the trophy hunting day event, but did finally make some progress in the last couple days on Dark Pictures: House of Ashes. This is far and away my favourite of the Dark Pictures anthology so far. It has an interesting setting - as an Age of Empires player I especially liked the prologue set in Bronze Age Akkad, and some of the best characters Supermassive has yet to create. In terms of trophies it is a fairly simple list too. There's no online component like in Man of Medan and collectibles are generally not missable in the way that they were in that game - it will usually communicate when you are about to end an exploration scene, so you can go back and search for collectibles if you missed one.

My plan for the upcoming week is to clean up the last few things I need for the House of Ashes plat, finally get around to doing the platinum for Chronicles of Riddick and also finish up my first playthrough of Dead Space 3. The game takes a silly number of runs for platinum so I think it's smart to do one now so that I'm not cramming them all into the end of the event.

Score to date:

Spoiler

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011: 198.37 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 1.63% Rarest Trophy)

Resident Evil 6: 141.07 (47 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 11.93% Rarest Trophy)

Dark Pictures: Man of Medan: 191.88 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 8.12% Rarest Trophy)

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: 176.22 (20 -> 100% Completion Percentage, 3.78% Rarest Trophy)

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge: 172.5 (24 -> 100% Completion Percentage, 3.5% Rarest Trophy)

Dark Pictures: House of Ashes: 157.19 (0 -> 75% Completion Percentage, 17.81% Rarest Trophy)

Total Score: 1037.23

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 3

Been a while since my last update, but I was trekking away on Mass Effect 3. For some reason I only recently realized that 100% trophy lists count for this event. 😂 Spoke with @Breakingthegreen who was fine with me adding the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition trophy list for this event since it covers all three games and I did not use Mass Effect 1.

I've previously described how ME2 and ME3 fit the Halloween theme, so I'll briefly cover why ME1 also fits! The zombie-like Husk enemies were first introduced in this game, and there is a creature that literally mind-controls a colony of scientists. There's also the MSV Cornucopia mission where you board an adrift space station that is not broadcasting any distress call... 

Now I just need to decide between Alan Wake and Man of Medan for my next game!

I Know What You Did Last 13 Platinums by pelagia14
Icon Game Start % Current %

Rarest  Earned

Lf8b383.png Mass Effect 2 27% 100% :platinum: 43.77% 🟩 129.33
L4c19a1.png Mass Effect 3 0% 100% :platinum: 41.45% 🟩158.55
L1c6c7e.png Mass Effect: Legendary Edition 14% 100% 🏆 7.54% 🟩178.46
L8f07ee.png Serial Cleaner 0% 100% :platinum: 32.87% 🟩167.13
L16eef3.png The Quarry 0% 100% :platinum: 11.09% 🟩188.91
Lc8fe46.png

The Dark Pictures Anthology:

Man of Medan

0% 0% 🏆 0% 🟥