I Know What You Did Last 13 Plats of Halloween

Here goes for my 3 set games:

Zombi - 50th fastest is 1 day, 12 hours. - an action, horror survival game. Presumably.... there are zombies in this game. I thought about getting this one done for last year's event, but skipped it. Aiming to finally cross it off my list.

Slain: Back from Hell - 50th fastest is 1 day, 22 hours - a 2D action game centered on Gothic graphics and metal music. Lots of blood and monsters abound. 

Bound by Flame (PS4) - 50th fastest is 1 day, 23 hours - Protagonist is suffering demonic possession and the crux of the RPG is to decide to give in or change to be the hero.

Decided to go for an eclectic set of games in different genres with a low platinum rate. I may end up doing an entire Halloween/horror tier for the Ultra Rare Clean Up event starting with the 3 above. 

Quick question for those that may have already played it: Does Thief have more Halloween ties than being spooky and dark? I understand that there are supernatural elements. Don't need spoilers, just want a simple confirmation it can reasonably fit into this event.

On 8/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, MAUSZX said:

Stubbs the Zombie: You are a zombie roming around the city, that is halloween enough.

The Persistence (ps5): horror themed the thumbnail on the game looks creepy.

Saints Row Gat out of hell (ps4) Well you go to hell, sure that is enough reason.

On 8/18/2023 at 2:34 PM, MAUSZX said:

4.- ERICA. It is a Thriller, so it fits the event, I have never played it, since I was waiting to play it with my Gf, now wife, so now that we live together might as well give it a go.

5.- Deathloop. You live in a nightmare, living the same day every day, until you kill a bunch of people, and those people are actually killers so is not easy. Personally I think that is enough to make it fit. Also this game is going to be removed from the Psplus extra library, so I really need to give it a go. I have 0% progress at the moment, but I might give it a little bit of progress because of the removal date.

6.- Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge. Zombies attacking a city, kinda strategy game. I have 10% of progress, so I might as well do it now. Might be helpful to have a Vita game in this list.

So... I know I don't have to add all of the games now, but might as well keep adding, since I have an idea what games I want to play.

7. Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood PS5. Is about a werewolf lol, being eyeing this game fo a while, so I better do ir before they remove it from extra.

8.- The Mummy Demastered. A mummy game.

9.- The Incredible Aventures of Van Helsing. Is about a Vampire hunter and all kinds of monsters.

With this I have basically all the classic monsters on the list or at least the basic ones.

10.- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope. Is a horror/thriller game, the second one of the series.

11.- Ghostwire Tokyo.- Is about Ghosts right?

12.-The Last of us Part I. Zombies

13.- Sweet Witches. Is about witches and they have the halloween pumpkin in and the platinum is that pumpkin so..

Locking in thise games

Have enjoyed this a lot last few years even though I didn't manage to complete my chosen games, hopefully this time I do better. Also, I have been getting into horror media a lot so this would be nice.

For now I have a few games in mind, not actually sure if they meet the requirements. When I get my Plus Subscription back I will probably have my 13 games chosen but this is my list for now:

• Outlast
  • Layers of Fear

9 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Quick question for those that may have already played it: Does Thief have more Halloween ties than being spooky and dark? I understand that there are supernatural elements. Don't need spoilers, just want a simple confirmation it can reasonably fit into this event.

I haven't played it since it came out, but I would say it meets the threshold based on one particular level. And of course I will say no more :)

Anyways, I'll put in three more entries to bring my total to 11.

Silent Hill: Downpour. I haven't played any Silent Hill in a long time but I remember it being a classic survival horror franchise alongside Resident Evil. It looks like this one features the haunted towns, alternate realities, and monsters typical for the series.

Lone Survivor: Director's Cut. It's a post-apocalyptic, side-scrolling survival horror game.

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011. I don't know why, but this is actually marked as "horror" theme according to PSNP which has me very curious to see why a hunting game would get such a designation. Maybe you play as the animal being hunted 🤯

Will hold onto my two remaining slots for late in the contest because I have a nice mix of short easy games and more ultra rares on deck depending on how I'm doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caquis_1 said:

Have enjoyed this a lot last few years even though I didn't manage to complete my chosen games, hopefully this time I do better. Also, I have been getting into horror media a lot so this would be nice.

For now I have a few games in mind, not actually sure if they meet the requirements. When I get my Plus Subscription back I will probably have my 13 games chosen but this is my list for now:

• Outlast
  • Layers of Fear

Just a reminder that you need to lock in 3 to secure a starting spot by the end of day on 08/31/2023 EST. I have added you for now. 

2 hours ago, VersusCA said:

I haven't played it since it came out, but I would say it meets the threshold based on one particular level. And of course I will say no more :)

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation. :) 

Here are my starting games for the Plats of Halloween:

• 1) Slain: Back From Hell
    • I've been playing this game on and off for a while and need to get this game finished in the trophy sense.
    • It has many Horror elements as well as a banging metal soundtrack for ripping everything apart. Blood, gore, crows, eldritch creatures all feature in this 2D side-scroller. Made easier by save-scumming but that didn't work for me when I tried it. So legit ways needed to get this off my profile.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 21H - 45% complete.
  • 2) Ord.
    • I completed the EU stack and used the NA stack for a competition, just need to finish it up.
    • It's a very simple text adventure game which has three story options. One of them is you surviving a creepy house, trying to escape without being eaten, beaten or locked up again. Creepy in a minimalist type way.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 17H 16M - 95% complete.
  • 3) Whiskey & Zombies
    • This is a cheap and cheerful horde game with some puzzle elements which I am just very bad at. Hope to get through the story levels and see what happens to the rednecks!
    • Simply put, we have zombies and rednecks trying to fight off the zombie hordes to save their whiskey and their town. Silly but fun.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 6M 2W - 34% complete.
  • 4) Cold Silence
    • An underrated game that doesn't have much attention but is enjoyable in the 2D Cave Story style it presents.
    • This game has intrigue, zombie like creatures, priests who like ritualistic sacrifice and the unending white snow makes you feel all the desperation and loneliness. Perfect for a horror game.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 2H - 54% complete.
  • 5) Evil Within 2
    • I enjoyed the original Evil Within, it had issues with pacing and the way that mechanics were discarded to frequently but the sequel is better in most ways and has a conclusion I feel was good for the series.
    • Facing a town of mutated bodies that want to smash your face in, creepy psychopaths who can stop time and body horror creatures out the wazoo, this game is the most mainstream horror game I have, and it is time that I finished it.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 9H - 82% complete.

I'm starting with 5, all of these I want to finish, or at least play for this event. Credit to @pelagia14 for their layout, I like it and it makes it easy to read.

• Like 1

I have never done very well in this event, but with a survival twist on it maybe I will be more motivated to play the games I declare, so I will sign up again. I'll start with the following games:

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (PS4) [15% completed]

- Horror themed metroidvania title, and its more linear prequel. Both being classic gothic horror as expected from the series they are from.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3) [1% completed]

- Open world survival horror game. Has a killer similar to the one that this event is featuring.

Death end re;Quest (PS4) [22% completed]

- While the RPG portion is more of a normal RPG, the visual novel sequences delve a bit more in the horror side - with ghosts and other elements; as expected from the writer of Corpse Party.

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (PS4) [47% completed]

- Horror-themed dungeon crawler where you play as a book being used by a witch to explore the depths of a well.

Kawaii Deathu Desu (Vita) [57% completed]

- Stars a number of undead playable characters, such as a zombie, a succubus, a vampire, and others.

Soul Hackers 2 (PS4) [44% completed]

- Demon summoning in a slightly darker version of a SMT title.

Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ (PS4) [25% completed]

- Dungeon crawler where all your party members are zombie girls.

I feel all seven of these games are sufficiently appropriate for the event. Also, I'm only declaring games I've started already - if I choose to start any new games I'll declare them in this topic before getting any trophies.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VersusCA said:

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011. I don't know why, but this is actually marked as "horror" theme according to PSNP which has me very curious to see why a hunting game would get such a designation. Maybe you play as the animal being hunted 🤯

I remember that game plays a bit more into kind of "survival" type gameplay, while still mostly being a hunting game. For its rarity it is relatively easy, though a couple of the shooting gallery challenges gave me trouble like 12 years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CorgiBootyy said:

I remember that game plays a bit more into kind of "survival" type gameplay, while still mostly being a hunting game. For its rarity it is relatively easy, though a couple of the shooting gallery challenges gave me trouble like 12 years ago.

I haven't played this one, but I've seen it before. I vaguely remember a scene where the hunters are walking through a cave with lots of bones and such on the ground. It's dark and kind of eerie and then a wolf jumps out and bites someone and he's screaming all crazy. So maybe, it's because the animals can hunt you back that it's horror. Another connection could be deer season? It normally starts in late October or early November. I could see the possible mental association with hunting and halloween. 

Alright, well... I spin a wheel at the end of every month to determine what random game from PS+ I'll play next month. Was hoping for a Halloween-themed game to include for this event, but I don't think I got one. (Someone who has played Dandara can let me know.) For now, I'll just make my third entry something from my backlog.

Uh... Gal... Guardians... Demon... Purge...

Sure... uh... title and picture on the cover make it an obvious fit...

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been going back and forth for a while, trying to decide whether I want to enter, and I think I'm going to give it a try, if that's okay. I probably won't make it through many rounds. But, at least I'll be able to get some long-standing games on my list finally finished - including at least one that I've not touched in over a decade. So, bring on the slasher! My first 3 declared games are in the table below. If there are any issues, please feel free to let me know. And, good luck everyone! :)

#

Game Name

System

50th Fastest Time

Plat Rarity

Pre-Event Progress

Current Progress

Halloween Connection?

NieR

PS3

5 Days, 20 Hours

7.74%

4%

4%

Setting has monsters and magic.

Star Trek

PS3

3 Days, 15 Hours

4.96%

8%

8%

Features aliens.

Trinity Universe

PS3

1 Week. 3 Days

4.59%

2%

2%

One of the main characters is a demon god.

• Like 1

Updated, added percentages. I will lock those after a few days to allow any syncs to catch up. Figure most will be accurate for the event start.

Up to 18 now. Thanks for signing up and added games. Big thanks to those took the time to add the 50th fastest and starting completion, I appreciate the effort. 

Still about 3.5 hours left for sign ups. Would be great to have 2 more potential targets for the arsenal of slashers in October. Step right up. :)

• Like 2

I have almost got my first Plat for the event. Maybe before bed tonight... 

Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip. It is a fairly easy dual-stick shooter. One of those games where you constantly walk backwards while shooting. It's decently fun, but kind of meh in its presentation. Started at 0% and am at 65% right now. Hardest trophy left is surviving 88 minutes in horde mode. 50th fastest time is 11 hrs 12 min. I think it could be done in 6 if you had no interruptions, but only one did it that fast.

Edited by Spacey_Dweeb
  • Like 1

Got my first 100% for the event. The Room VR: Dark Matter is an amazing set of escape rooms with a dark supernatural story as framing story for the game. Crisp graphics and challenging yet fair puzzles, highly recommend!

I'm also declaring my 13th game, Drums Rock. You're literally fighting back the armies of hell in that game. With that, here's the percentages:

Dead Space 3 - 70% 

Organ Quarter - 0% 

Fobia: St. Dinfna Hotel (PS5) - 0%

Resident Evil Code Veronica X - 0%
Bad Dreams - 0%
The Room VR: Dark Matter (PS5) - 100%
Surv1v3 PS5 - 0% 
Last Labyrinth PS5 - 0% 
Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku - 0% 
Severed - 3% 
Drums Rock - 6% (valid starting percentage; have not touched game since Aug 21st)
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - 9% 
Stifled - 6% 

• Like 2

I've finished my first game for the event! Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011. The story actually did try to go for a horror thing with some sort of demonic hyena that you have to track down and fight as the climactic boss after it injured your father years earlier. Along the way you kill hundreds of more commonly seen animals like wolves, bears, lions. Honestly the production value was so bad that I tuned out of the story extremely quickly. The frame rate is often shocking, graphics consistently ugly, and voice work completely amateur-level. Also, the game play design does not facilitate horror AT ALL as it's first person but you don't see your gun, only a floating reticle. So it feels like the hunting arcade that it effectively is. Not to mention your character has ample supplies of ammo (including an unlimited ammo handgun) and can reload almost instantly. This excruciating story gets a solid Jaws: The Revenge out of 10 from me. The gallery modes are where the platinum earns its ultra rare status but I honestly didn't find it that challenging. The worst part was doing the same levels over and over again for the combinations required for the "Pathfinder" trophy.

Speaking of painful, I have also started the single player of Resident Evil 6. I finished one of the four campaigns, Leon and Helena, and honestly it was extremely bad. I'll probably write more about the game when I actually finish it but it was a slog. It features boss fights that are boring and take forever, an incomprehensible and stupid story, and awful side characters. The first chapter of this is probably the worst RE experience in existence, but luckily most of the rest of the campaign was not nearly as bad. I think more action-oriented RE games can be good fun as I count Revelations 2 as one of my top games in the series, but this one doesn't pull it off because of, among other things, the awkward movement and bad co-op.

My goals for the next seven days are to finish another RE6 campaign, start on Zombie Tycoon, and do at least the multiplayer for Man of Medan.

Score to date:

Spoiler

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011: 198.62 (0 -> 100 Completion Percentage, 1.62% Rarest Trophy)

Resident Evil 6: 93.91 (47 -> 59 Completion Percentage, 18.09% Rarest Trophy)

Total Score: 292.53

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I would like to join ☺️ I don’t really understand the percentage thing so just going to list the games I want to play over this season.

Resident Evil

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Evil Within 2

Ghostbusters the video game

The Quarry

Dead Island

Unfortunately, sign up closed a few days ago.

Finished my first playthrough of Lone Survivor. It's okay. nothing super special. Looks like it's going to take several more playthroughs to get the plat. It is short though so that shouldn't prove to be much of a problem. I am also playing it on Vita so I can chip away at it using the rest mode fairly easily.

• Like 1