Trophy thoughts.

Baranov_925

27 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Just so everyone is aware: this one is also a remake of the original game.

Does anyone know if this release has dual stick support enabled from launch?

No dual stick support.

It plays like a PSP game.

You turn with left stick and reposition the camera with R1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

Looked quite similiar to first one. hope it would be as challenging as first Medievil. I see last two trophies and I have feeling that they would be either tricky or pain in the ass.

If i remember, finish "The sleeping village" without attack village isn't hard.  Actually this trophy list seems more easy than the other Medievil

• Like 1

ahhhhh this version of the game... "it's the biggest piece of dogshit" in my opinion (and MediEvil is my favourite game of all times).

Trophy wise, another cakewalking plat (just like the wonderful PS4 remake). No, no damaging a level is easy, especially because you can dash to the end (killing the enemies is not mandatory, and cemetery is perfect for this).

For the other trophy... ehm beating the Village without hurting the townsfolk is mandatory to obtain the Chalice. And this too is easy.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, thebonesofYou said:

This is a complete waste of time. A reimagining of the first game which already received a remaster. People want MediEvil II.

Still more MediEvil than we got yesterday though, and really, now that this came into existence, our chances of getting MediEvil II suddenly got more significant even if it's a port. Idk if it'll be as soon as October, but it would be great considering how much attention Syphon Filter and Ape Escape has gotten back-to-back recently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Just so everyone is aware: this one is also a remake of the original game.

Does anyone know if this release has dual stick support enabled from launch?

So wait, this version is the "definitive" version?

No point buying the first remake?

It looks like they put some effort into the trophy and cover artwork.

I'll give this one a "B".

13 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

So wait, this version is the "definitive" version?

No point buying the first remake?

This is a re-imagining of the first game with new characters, new abilities, new level design. The camera was horrid on the PSP, if they don't make updates I fear the same thing here. Here's the wiki explanation which summarizes things pretty well.

MediEvil: Resurrection features many alterations to the original structure and content, such as the addition of the "Anubis Stone" sub-plot which has never appeared in the original.[2] Various levels and characters designs are altered drastically from the original, with some levels removed altogether.[1]Resurrection's altered plot is given a much more humorous and light-hearted setting as opposed to the Gothic horror-comedy of the first installment. Unlike the original, there is no alternate ending; Dan still ascends to the Hall of Heroes regardless of whether he collects all of the chalices or not.

If you want to play only one MediEvil game, play MediEvil 2019.

• Like 2

Performance is really poor on this game, yes. Already in Dan’s Crypt you will notice considerable drops in framerate.

17 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Just downloaded it and tested, seems like the PS5 native app runs really bad while the PS4 version is really smooth.

Is it like this for every PSP game on premium?

I tested Ape Escape On the Loose and it didn’t have the frame issues

Guys, there are 4 games in the series:

the legendary first chapter for PSX, MediEvil

the chapter (also for PSX) that has nothing to do with the first one, MediEvil 2 (that i hope that they will never make a remake of it)

this bullshit of a remake of the first chapter for PSP, MediEvil: Resurrection

the beautiful and perfect remake of the first chapter for PS4

MediEvil 2 is a solid and great game, but has nothing to do with the atmospheres, the story and everything else of the first chapter.

This remake for PSP is bullshit because throws away all of the "dark" parts of the game, focusing only on the "fun" parts. Yes it adds the Circus minigames (where you can obtain a new weapon), but if If you have to choose between this remake and the remake for PS4, go for the PS4 one instead. This one play it only to grab the easy plat.

Edited by APCGrayLocked

2 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Just downloaded it and tested, seems like the PS5 native app runs really bad while the PS4 version is really smooth.

Is it like this for every PSP game on premium?

Maybe explain what you are seeing and post it here? Someone will pass a note to the QA/developers for us to get it fixed.

8 hours ago, Prototype1690 said:

I’m probably the only one and I don’t know why but I get increasingly annoyed by these tRoPhY tHoUgHtS posts coming out just mere seconds after the game has been published. It just sounds so dumb to me, I can’t really explain it.

See, this comment doesn't really add to the discussion.  If you don't like these threads, don't read them.  You have no need to tell us that you don't like them.

Now, so I can add to the conversation: I love MediEvil but I never played the PSP version.  I read above that there is no dual stick support :(

Anyone know of plans to patch it in?  I'll do some research on my own as well and see what I come up with.  I don't think I'd enjoy re-positioning the camera all the time with R1.

2 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Alright, the 2019 is better then? I thought the new version would add more content and was worth playing lol

It's only a 'new' version in the way it's a port of a PSP game from 2005.

The PS4 version from 2019 is the most recent version of the game.

• Like 3

I never played a MediEvil game before the remake but I did enjoy my time with it. The trophy list looks easy like most other first party classics. Actually playing it on PS5 is a let down though either choppyness overshadowing the actual game. Haven’t updated the game yet though, maybe it addressed the issues?