International Hunting Day - The Ultimate Trophy List Edition!

International Trophy Hunting Day Questionaire!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in International Trophy Hunting Day on September 23rd, 2023?

• Yes
    • No Thanks
  2. 2. Do you like the new format/idea?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Undecided
    • Meh
    • Hate it

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll admit my heart sank a bit when I read "AS A TEAM," but this is definitely not what I expected. Very cute idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes!

For "Trophies in your Trophies," I'll throw out as suggestions that ICEY has a pair called "Bronze Trophy" and "Silver Trophy," most of Demon's Souls' PS5 trophies (and all on PS3) contain the word trophy, and there are 500-ish different platinums that are just titled "Platinum Trophy."

For "A Present for you," do compound words like 'graveyard' or 'gravedigger' work, or does it need to be specifically 'grave'? (I assume in either case 'gravel' is off the table)

• Like 1

This looks fun. I'll try to pitch in. 

I have to ask, though....

11 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

:bronze: Overachiever - Have someone earn over 100 trophies

:silver: Overachieversssss - Have 5 people earn over 100 trophies

... this isn't a secret marketing campaign for the Jumping Food industry, is it?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, zaxonzaxon said:

This looks fun. I'll try to pitch in. 

I have to ask, though....

... this isn't a secret marketing campaign for the Jumping Food industry, is it?

No, I've gotten 100 before in the past in a single day without playing any of those games, so have others.

It's not hard, you just have to plan ahead with the right games or play a bunch of fighting games for beating arcade mode for 20 different characters.

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

I'll admit my heart sank a bit when I read "AS A TEAM," but this is definitely not what I expected. Very cute idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes!

For "Trophies in your Trophies," I'll throw out as suggestions that ICEY has a pair called "Bronze Trophy" and "Silver Trophy," most of Demon's Souls' PS5 trophies (and all on PS3) contain the word trophy, and there are 500-ish different platinums that are just titled "Platinum Trophy."

For "A Present for you," do compound words like 'graveyard' or 'gravedigger' work, or does it need to be specifically 'grave'? (I assume in either case 'gravel' is off the table)

Has to specifically be one word.

Though, if people like the idea enough, I might do a solo edition of this and see how it goes. This is pretty new to me as well so I really need to collect some data on it before I can really determine a solo list.

• Like 2

Oh wow, I like the idea of everyone working together towards a common goal! (Also omg, a Hidden Trophy!)

Quick question, @Beyondthegrave07:

:gold: Now I know my ABCs - A game was played that starts with each letter of the alphabet (A-Z) across all participants

Can we ignore the common starting articles "A" and "The", as many alphabetization systems do?

For example: Would A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV count for K and The Quarry count for Q?

(Interesting fact I just learned: PlayStation currently has only one trophy-listed game that starts with "An", which is An Evil Existence.)

1 hour ago, pelagia14 said:

Oh wow, I like the idea of everyone working together towards a common goal! (Also omg, a Hidden Trophy!)

Quick question, @Beyondthegrave07:

Can we ignore the common starting articles "A" and "The", as many alphabetization systems do?

For example: Would A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV count for K and The Quarry count for Q?

(Interesting fact I just learned: PlayStation currently has only one trophy-listed game that starts with "An", which is An Evil Existence.)

I would count them for K and Q Honestly. I'm not going to be that picky. XD

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I am just going to leave this here.

https://psnprofiles.com/search/trophies?q=beyond AND grave

You could also put in "Beyond" OR "Grave", but you'll pick up things like "graveyard"

However, there are plenty of options; you just have to have someone commit to it.

Personally, I think the hardest will be A-Z, 10,000 trophies, and anything to do with UR trophies. But, this is why I post 4 weeks in advance. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Personally, I think the hardest will be A-Z, 10,000 trophies, and anything to do with UR trophies. But, this is why I post 4 weeks in advance. 

You need to fix the OP, it says 1000 trophies twice.

I have two sub 1% trophies in the making, just a small grind away.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm back for another year!  I'm open to change so bring it on!  

I didn't see anything about minimum required length of game (you know, the old 100% list of fastest people) and wondered if everyone is going to use shovelware for the event.

• Like 3

I'm still on the fence. The event as a whole seems interesting enough, has the bonus that I don't need to go out of my way to play games I normally wouldn't, and I already know which games I'm going to play for the rest of the year unless I completely change my plans. So it'd be easy for me to prioritize a game that we need as a group to get us a specific trophy in this event.

There's a trophy for earning 10k total trophies, so every single one is helpful, but I don't know if I'm even going to play at all that day or play a game that will get me a trophy and I'd hate to let you down after joining.

Games I intend to play this year:

• Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Monster Hunter Rise PS4
  • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Final Fantasy XIV PS5
  • The Diofield Chronicles PS4/PS5
  • possibly more or other games if I change my mind or certain games get DLCs, which is possible

Don't think I can finish them all this year, but I'll try.

Edited by viech54

Oh, alright, I'm in.

Here's my battle plan for now if anyone wants to coordinate: Complete The Diofield Chronicle on PS5. That's it. I can complete the PS4 version first, then auto pop some of the trophies, then get the remaining ones with my endgame save, then go into NG+ for the rest. This gives us 40 trophies and I'll still have time to at least start another game that day.

Bonus: I could prepare one or more ultra rare trophies in Final Fantasy XIV on PS5. Take this with a mountain of salt, though, not sure how much I'm going to play until September 23rd.

Bonus 2: I can auto pop some Genshin Impact trophies. This can give us up to 13 trophies, depending on whether I can get them all on one version before the event starts. Some of them can be ultra rare unless too many players earn them until the end of this event.

Bonus 3: Get the Beyond the Stars trophy in Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line. Coordinate with me on this one, I don't intend to play this game early and would only do that if no one else can. I need to know this early, else it'll take too long.

Edited by viech54

My plan is to play a bunch of PSP/PS1 classics for some easy trophies. It'll also help towards some of the event trophies. Super Stardust and Pinball Heroes will definitely be there. Will also likely play Dodgeball Academia and Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. All available on PS+ Premium. 

I don't have any feasible UR trophies at my disposal that I'm aware of, but maybe I just need to look harder, lol. 

I'll probably only be playing one game during the event, since I don't have a lot of short games left in my backlog, but I can try to save one trophy each from a few different games to help with the letters of the alphabet. 

ETA: Here is a spreadsheet where people can sign up to work towards various event goals! 

A to Z "Signups":

Notes:

• Bold are planned games for the event.
  • Some of the unbolded games are only if no one else 'signs up' for that letter, so feel free to 'sign up' for that letter! 
  • I'll list up to 4 different people per letter, so that if someone ends up with less time to game on the 23rd than they anticipated, they know which game they can drop without impacting the A to Z.

A - Alan Wake [pelagia14]

B - Baldur's Gate 3 [viech54] || Big Buck Arcade [VersusCA]

C - Call of Cthulhu [grifteskymfning] BONUS: Beyond the Grave trophy || Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [VersusCA] BONUS: Sub-1% Plat

D - Diofield Chronicle, The [viech54]

E - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture [InfinateEternity]

F - Final Fantasy something [viech54]

G - Genshin Impact [viech54] ||  Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator [Han_the_Dragon]

H - Hot Wheels [grifteskymfning] BONUS: UR Plat

I - Islander [GingerNinja201]

J - Jump Force [InfinateEternity]

K - Kung-Fu Panda [grifteskymfning] & [KunoGuy] BONUS: UR Plat

L - Last Day of June [InfinateEternity]

M - Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe [InfinateEternity] ||  Monster Hunter Rise [viech54] || Marvel's Spider-Man [da-Noob123] || My Hero's One Justice [Han_the_dragon]

N - National Geographic [KunoGuy] || Null Drifter [Teh_DDgamez]

O - One Night Stand [Teh_DDgamez] || Outlast 2 [Mary_mon42]

P  - Pinball Heroes [Beyondthegrave07]

Q - Quarry, The [pelagia14]

R - Resident Evil 2 [Breakingthegreen] ||  Ride 3 / Ride 4 [Han_the_Dragon]

S - Super Stardust [Beyondthegrave07]

T - Tekken 6 [InfinateEternity]

U - Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 [InfinateEternity]

V - Vampire the Masquerade [Han_the_Dragon]

W - Whispering Willows [GingerNinja201]

X - Xposed Reloaded [InfinateEternity]

Y - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows [Xylobe] || Ys series or Yakuza  [viech54]

Z - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games [Vulpine9Tails] || Zero Escape: The Nonary Games [viech54]

Edited by pelagia14
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

Does anyone have something for X, Y, Z? Outside of Q, those might be the hardest to do.

Q and Z both have plenty of shovelware to pick from, so anyone who's going that route can cover those pretty easily. X and Y are a little trickier, but if push comes to shove I can steel my nerves long enough to earn another trophy in Yomawari: Midnight Shadows.

22 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

(No hard commits required, I'm just listing games that everyone mentioned so we can start thinking about A-Z)

You can consider Genshin Impact and Diofield Chronicle a hard commit on my end. The rest depends on what we need.

Breakdown:

40 trophies in Diofield, 0 ultra rare.

13 trophies in Genshin Impact, 9 of which are ultra rare at the time of writing this. But more players will earn these trophies in the coming weeks, don't think all 9 will be ultra rare three weeks from now. Basically anything that's missing here: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11500-genshin-impact/viech54

None of these trophies have "trophy", "beyond", or "grave" in their name. None of these trophies are < 1%.

Might I suggest this trophy for the A Present for you ("beyond" or "grave" in trophy name) trophy? https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/19574-gungrave-gore/1-beyond-the-grave The game is apparently not that long and a 5/10 in terms of difficulty.

34 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

Does anyone have something for X, Y, Z?

If no one else can, then I have these games:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana or Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, quite a few Yakuza games

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

I didn't intend to play them anytime soon, but I could just pop one trophy if needed. Zero Escape is a visual novel, but the trophies don't seem to be for starting the game or anything I can do without spending a bit of time on the game. Not sure what that means. Ys VIII would be the easiest to get any trophy, I already got the plat 4 times (or 3? I don't remember).

I'd rather not over-commit, though, so let's see if others can help with those. But we have options in case I'm the only one.

Sounds fun working together on this. Not much experience with these events, but I'll give it a try.

I was planning on playing "Whispering Willows", along with "Islander" as some to do during the 24 hours. Should cover both "W" & "I" for the A-Z.

If needed I could try get a few UR.

There is also a trophy in "Endling" that has beyond in the name (Beyond Words), so if someone still has the game from when it was free it could be an easy one to go for.