International Hunting Day - The Ultimate Trophy List Edition!

International Trophy Hunting Day Questionaire!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in International Trophy Hunting Day on September 23rd, 2023?

• Yes
    • No Thanks
  2. 2. Do you like the new format/idea?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Undecided
    • Meh
    • Hate it

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll join in on this. It's too early for me to plan too much but I will save the Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena plat for that day to get a sub-1% trophy for us.

I am also debating trying for Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013's fastest achiever (currently 16h 41m) by starting and finishing on the day, if I'm not busy. Big Buck Arcade is also an option since I think it would be kind of cute to do a hunting game on the day, though I doubt I can get fastest on that one (2h 14m).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pelagia14 said:

I've edited my previous A to Z post based on the responses, since it's on the first page of the thread. I'll try to keep it as up-to-date as possible.

....I also realized that this thread might get a bit hectic on the 23rd, I'm kind of looking forward to it! 😂

Wouldn't a Google doc be better? Unless @Beyondthegrave07 wants to link a post in the starting post and we put everything about coordinating in there. If not, we'd have to scroll through many pages all the time to get the information we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Wouldn't a Google doc be better? Unless @Beyondthegrave07 wants to link a post in the starting post and we put everything about coordinating in there. If not, we'd have to scroll through many pages all the time to get the information we need.

If you give me the links to the posts people need added to the OP, I'll be more than happy to help. Granted, if someone makes a Google doc, I can link it in the OP too.

I tried pulling a specific post on my phone, but it didn't work. 😅

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

42 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

I'll be joining to help reach the trophy goals. I imagine the hidden trophy is something like "play a jumping game" and we have to make a sacrifice for the team lol

It's something that unintentionally has happened every year so it's more funny to have as a hidden trophy to see if it unintentionally happens again! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's something that unintentionally has happened every year so it's more funny to have as a hidden trophy to see if it unintentionally happens again! :)

Us beating the record every year? So earning more trophies than last year, is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

Us beating the record every year? So earning more trophies than last year, is it?

No, it's not that simple... :P

Okay...Maybe it is THAT simple which is why it's a bronze trophy, but not nearly that difficult. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

@pelagia14 You can go ahead and put me down for the following letters in your A-Z chart:

E - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

J - Jump Force

L - Last Day of June

M - Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe - Several of the Kombo Challenge trophies are sub 1% URs. But, I'm not planning on trying for those at this time.

T - Tekken 6

U - Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

X - Xposed Reloaded

Also, I'll do some grinding in SoulCalibur 5 so that I can be in a position to unlock the Wind of Battle trophy and the plat on that day, as both are Ultra-Rares.

My game plan is to get the plat in SoulCalibur 5 first. Then, get some quick trophies I can still earn in each of the fighting games listed for the letters J, M, T, & U. After that, I'll unlock a really quick one in Xposed Reloaded, before finishing the 100% in Last Day of June. Once all that is done, I'll finish the plat for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

If, (and this is a big if), I still have time/energy after all that, I have some POWGI stacks that I can do. But, we'll see. I may decide to stop after Rapture. It would be nice to go for the 69 or 77 trophy goal for this event. So, I may set myself up to do either of those. Again, we'll see.

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

Oooo, I'd be happy to make a Google Spreadsheet for the event!

I'm so used to making spreadsheets for everything and other people thinking it is overkill... 😂 Going to be out of town tomorrow, but I should be able to do this Monday evening by the latest!

Hook me up with the link once you create it and I will add it to the OP

I always look forward to this event! I've got a few games reserved that I plan on playing that day... including a couple of autopops, which I now always save in my back pocket for trophy hunting day 😜.

I like the idea of the new format. My work schedule is wacky so I don't think I'll be able to do any additional pre-planning (I'm lucky that my rotation has landed on a day off for this event the last three years), but hopefully the games I've got lined up will help meet some goals.

• Like 1

My event addiction is not allowing me to look away. Count me in.

Also, should we maybe coordinate on some of these goals? Like "I know my alphabet" for starting a game with each letter of the alphabet, some of the letters arent very common.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:14 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The equivalent of Michael Jordan making a game winning buzzer beater

What would this even mean actually?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prometheous101 said:

Also, should we maybe coordinate on some of these goals? Like "I know my alphabet" for starting a game with each letter of the alphabet, some of the letters arent very common.

@pelagia14 has set up the post linked HERE as a way for us to track who is planning to go for what letter. So, you can just tag them, and let them know what letter you'd like to sign-up for if you're interested in helping with that particular trophy. There also are potentially plans for a Google Spreadsheet, too. (See the post linked HERE). Otherwise, you can just post what trophy goals you would like to go for and try to coordinate that way. (If I'm wrong about something, someone please correct me!)

1 hour ago, Prometheous101 said:

What would this even mean actually?

When I read :silver: The Clutch Gene - The equivalent of Michael Jordan making a game winning buzzer beater, I understand it to mean that we need to unlock a trophy in the final minute of the event on September 23rd (11:59 PM US ET) OR at exactly midnight on September 24th, depending on how @Beyondthegrave07 defines it. (Again, if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me!)

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 1