Update: Demon Gaze II was DELISTED for PS4 on November 13, 2023 (EU/NA), Still available for Japan & PS Vita

Ryan Industries

Thanks for the heads up. Managed to grab the first one before it was delisted but haven't touched it yet. Since it's still a ways away, going to wait until to see if there is a sale first before picking it up.

Is the reason for the delisting of either of them known?

Most likely the license is expiring.

NIS America has had many published games delisted in the past few years:

Demon Gaze I, Dragon's Crown, Time and Eternity, Lost Dimension, Danganronpa series, God Wars, The Lost Child, Grand Kingdom, Dungeon Travelers 2, Natural Doctrine (in a few weeks) and I'm sure there is more.

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 1

Its likely because nis americas license expired as Demon gaze extra was published by someone else so its possible Demon gaze 2 could get relisted in the future. Nis is kind of notorious for publishing 1-3 games in a series only for the rightsholders to set up a western localization branch and take over from there. It happened to atelier, neptunia, danganrompa and Demon gaze just so happens to be the latest series to fold. If anything im surprised neptunia pp hasn't been delisted yet as that was the last neptunia game localized by nis.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

Not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it, but since I do have the original Demon Gaze on my profile, I'll have to platinum it one day. And maybe I'll really enjoy it enough to play the sequel. 

Regardless, $4 isn't a lot. Thanks for the update!

1 hour ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

Thank you for the heads up, I'll buy it as soon as I can.

Can anybody weigh in on the value of the paid DLC? Most of them seem like simple items you'd get out of the shop or a dungeon, but perhaps there's something I missed that could ease the difficulty of the platinum (perhaps the cape set?).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just under 21 hours remain on the sale for Europe, United Kingdom, Australia, etc and under 28 hours remaining for the Americas. The game delists on November 13, 2023.

Also remember to claim the two free DLC add-ons (there is also 4 paid add-ons if you care)

20231027151015-1.jpg

Edit:

EU sale has ended, thread title updated. Under 5 hours to go for the Americas.

Edit:

Sale is over. Game delists in 11 days. OP updated.

Edited by We All Fall Down
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Managed to grab the NA one on sale but not the JP one here's hoping it stays up long enough to go on sale (or it doesn't get delisted) lol

It will probably stay up since Dragami published it in Japan. Natural Doctrine, God Wars & Lost Child are all still on the Japanese store, despite them being delisted months ago for Europe & North America.

Edited by Ryan Industries
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ryan Industries said:

It will probably stay up since Dragami published it in Japan. Natural Doctrine, God Wars & Lost Child are all still on the Japanese store, despite them being delisted months ago for Europe & North America.

Ah that's good to hear, thanks for doing research so I don't have too 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan Industries said:

OP updated.

PS4: Game has been delisted for Europe & North America. The game remains up for Japan.

PSV: Game remains up on PS Vita store.

Photo-PLAYSTATION-2023-11-13-8-38-28.jpg

20231113083516.jpg

2023-11-13-084726.jpg

Staying up on the Vita store is very interesting, as that version physical is more expensive than the PS4 one, even though digital is 40 bucks already. I hope it stays there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...