Mortal Kombat 1 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

1 hour ago, Biscoito18 said:

Thanks for the video! I did just that and got the trophy in a 5 floor hourly tower doing 5 brutalities and only 3 flawless victories. I got more than 9 million because of a 2x time bonus. 

No problem. Yeah i forgot to mention there is a speed bonus. Curious what the exact requirements for that are though. But yeah, glad to have helped! 👊🏻

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

That speed bonus really makes a massive difference. 3 floor tower with 3 brutalities and no flawless was an easy 5.8 mil last night. 

I did the exatly same tower before and I got 4 millions and some, doing exatly the same (5x brutalites, 3 flawless). But the 2nd time it gave me 9 millions and said 2x time bonus something.

15 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

No problem. Yeah i forgot to mention there is a speed bonus. Curious what the exact requirements for that are though. But yeah, glad to have helped! 👊🏻

I'm not sure the exact requirements, but beating everyone in around 5 - 10 seconds seemed to trigger it.  Most of my fights when I did it before the glitch was discovered took me 15 to 75 seconds depending on if they had double health bars or not.  I'd imagine it might be that it adds up all the timers and then averages them and it the average is below a certain number it gives you the bonus.

I'm kinda having trouble hitting that simple uppercut brutality for some reason. Like that timing feels so tight...

I'm having a lot of "Down, Triangle" inputs instead of "Down + Triangle" ones, both do the same but one of them does not count as the brutality...

its weird cuz what more can I do dan pressing at the same time, is it realy possible i'm that far off?? like its basicly milliseconds.

Somebody any advice?

13 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I'm kinda having trouble hitting that simple uppercut brutality for some reason. Like that timing feels so tight...

I'm having a lot of "Down, Triangle" inputs instead of "Down + Triangle" ones, both do the same but one of them does not count as the brutality...

its weird cuz what more can I do dan pressing at the same time, is it realy possible i'm that far off?? like its basicly milliseconds.

Somebody any advice?

Make sure you hold triangle after the uppercut to trigger the brutality

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ramzamham said:

Make sure you hold triangle after the uppercut to trigger the brutality

I'm doing that, the issue that I have is that my imput is sometimes registered as "Down followed by Triangle" instead of "Down plus Triangle".

Mich means that I must be pushing the down button faster than the triangle, but like is that imput realy that tight or does it not matter?

1 hour ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I'm doing that, the issue that I have is that my imput is sometimes registered as "Down followed by Triangle" instead of "Down plus Triangle".

Mich means that I must be pushing the down button faster than the triangle, but like is that imput realy that tight or does it not matter?

What's weird is I've had the same issue too, but 99% of the time that the brutality fails it's against Geras for some reason. On anyone else it's easily pulled off for the most part.

26 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

What's weird is I've had the same issue too, but 99% of the time that the brutality fails it's against Geras for some reason. On anyone else it's easily pulled off for the most part.

I've had the same issue with him.

But I've noticed something about Geras that might be why the brutality fails.  When he does that attack where he flings himself across the screen and then reappears from sand at the spot he flung himself he leaves the ground slightly before the flinging animation is even noticable.  

I think that it's the first frame of that animation and that frame puts him off the ground, so the uppercut doesn't register it as a brutality because of that.

3 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

k, so basicly no advise on what I might do wrong except not pressing both at the same time ( if that is even possible ) its not that there can be a big time difference between them.

I've always been holding down before I hold triangle and it's worked fine unless an opponent leaves the ground as I'm doing it.  

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

I've had the same issue with him.

But I've noticed something about Geras that might be why the brutality fails.  When he does that attack where he flings himself across the screen and then reappears from sand at the spot he flung himself he leaves the ground slightly before the flinging animation is even noticable.  

I think that it's the first frame of that animation and that frame puts him off the ground, so the uppercut doesn't register it as a brutality because of that.

Perhaps it's a design flaw, but at least now I know whatever it is it's not just me.

30 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Perhaps it's a design flaw, but at least now I know whatever it is it's not just me.

It could be.  There are a lot of weird and frustrating quirks like this that I'm hoping they patch. The modifiers hitting opponents while they're in the finish him phase is another frustrating one.

With Geras though I do think they purposely tagged that move as aerial without actually listing it as that.  I've connected when he was a few frames further in the animation and it still counted it as a regular uppercut instead of a brutality one.

How is this platinum for a first time player? I've always been interested in trying fighting games, and MK in particular but haven't attempted any. I'm really curious about trying MK1 but wondering how brutal the platinum is. I would probably be playing alone most of the time, is it possible to solo platinum? I can't imagine I'm ever going to reach a high level of skill, so as long as the platinum is accessible to perhaps an average player? Thanks for any insight.

5 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

How is this platinum for a first time player? I've always been interested in trying fighting games, and MK in particular but haven't attempted any. I'm really curious about trying MK1 but wondering how brutal the platinum is. I would probably be playing alone most of the time, is it possible to solo platinum? I can't imagine I'm ever going to reach a high level of skill, so as long as the platinum is accessible to perhaps an average player? Thanks for any insight.

very easy. aside from titan battle which isn't available yet. I also dont expect that to be difficult 

• Like 2

King Slayer is the quintessential online multiplayer trophy for me.
I only attempted it because there's so few online multiplayer trophies required, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with trophies beyond the campaign.

+Enter lobby, 90% chance of joining the same two groups of joystick Übermenschen
+Wait 30 minutes in line to fight the top guy, knowing I will get my ass kicked
+Get my ass kicked because I'm going in cold
+Get my ass kicked because I don't know any combos and am a scrub
+Repeat 30 times
+Get lucky with an empty lobby with me and one other player in it, I'm the default King (nepotism, not elected)
+Lose on purpose to open the conditions for the trophy
+Lose again because I am bad
+Both sides switch characters; the other guy was probably experimenting, whoever I play as makes no difference
+Win!
+Get 0 respect

Literally, for that last one. Let's be blessed "respect points" don't affect anything.

After hours chasing a trophy I severely underestimated, the deed is done.
Though most of that was waiting and not playing, so I just did other stuff in the meantime.
When it came my turn, I fought with honor. If I'm getting the purple-nurple, my nurples are purpled with dignity.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Roden124 said:

I only attempted it because there's so few online multiplayer trophies required, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with trophies beyond the campaign.

+Enter lobby, 90% chance of joining the same two groups of joystick Übermenschen
+Repeat 30 times
+Get lucky with an empty lobby with me and one other player in it, I'm the default King (nepotism, not elected)
+Both sides switch characters; the other guy was probably experimenting, whoever I play as makes no difference
+Win!
+Get 0 respect

Literally, for that last one. Let's be blessed "respect points" don't affect anything.

Though most of that was waiting and not playing, so I just did other stuff in the meantime.
When it came my turn, I fought with honor. If I'm getting the purple-nurple, my nurples are purpled with dignity.

fun story :D I got it immediately first try but mind you, I don't consider myself good in MK games, but I played in the early access phase so I think I got some easy opponents. Funnily enough, when I won I got 0 respect, when the other one (and he played baaaaaad) he got like 10... so I suspect I entered a lobby of friends :D 

Good thing there's no respect trophy. It's one of the more annoying ones in Street Fighter 6.

• Like 1

All trophies (bar the Titan Battle one, obviously) completed! Pretty fun game. Only trophy that made me hate my existence was Rollin' With My Krew.

Not sure why they make us replay Chapter 15 twice. I was expecting something additional to the post-credits cutscene or something different in the chapter but no. Ah well.

Looking forward to whenever Titan Battles drop and the plat can be completed. :)

On 9/27/2023 at 5:50 AM, Roden124 said:

+Repeat 30 times
+Win!
+Get 0 respect

Yeah I did the King of the Hill trophy in a legit lobby. The shit talking is brilliant in this mode 😅 Way more fun than it should be. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 6:00 AM, Infected Elite said:

i think i found out why Titan Battle trophy is a bronze. You just have to "Komplete a Titan Battle". Nothing suggests defeat one or win. Same with Survival encounter. Komplete one, you can lose and it still registers. 

Guess we shall see soon though 

Hope you right.

Hating to wait, till end of month, for one last trophy 🫠

• 2 months later...

Here's a good trophy thought, definitely do the online trophies via boosting. Why? Because there's some real assholes out there that play online versus, I got verbally attacked a few hours ago over the most ridiculous shit in a King of the Hill lobby and I wasn't even playing a versus match when it happened. 🤦‍♂️