Tales of Arise - Beyond The dawn DLC (November 9 2023)

Biertje373

4 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Story seems good so far I'm enjoying it. I don't believe the trailer gave any indication that the new character was playable. 

Maybe i'm just realistic and only expected a story expansion nothing more. But if I did have to give a couple of criticisms it's that the game is overpriced and you don't carry over anything (apart from costumes) with level starting at 65.

Yeah, I only played about 3 hours so far. I don't really like starting at level 65 and I wish more things carried over. But I am enjoying the story so far. 

I'm planning on getting this soon to get this game up to 100% again, but it can wait until after I've finished RE6.

But apart from me not liking to having to revisit games since they'll mess with the order of my trophy list, I actually had some hopes that this DLC might be good.

One of those things I'm most curious about is, for you who has played it, how does it feel to revisit areas from the main game? Some really memorable gaming experiences for me has come from revisiting areas from earlier games in sequels or DLC and see how they've changed since your earlier visit. Is that feeling present somewhere here or is it just the exact same environments as in the base game re-used? Or did I just get a wrong impression from the trailer that some areas would be returning from the main game?

Also, how is the story pacing? I understand what they were going for with the main game, but I don't think they pulled it off too well; with most of the story being revealed in the last third of the game early on all dialogue just felt so repetitive in every cutscene. ...then two-three skits immediately afterwards repeating the same thing AGAIN. 😂

16 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Almost done with it. Nazamil is not playable indeed .... The story is ridiculous, you spend most of your times doing the dozens and dozens of sidequests.

The combat system hasn't changed, still visually good but mechanically poor, with enemies having too much HP.

For 29 euros / 40000 wons, it's clearly a rip-off. I preordered to get the extra skins and because i wanted the 100% quickly BUT if you don't care that much, clearly wait for a discount. It should have been priced 15-20$ top. 

(Also, I wont forget that the director of the game clearly said when the game came out : "don't worry, there will be no DLC, ToA is complete game from Day 1" ......)

Could you tell us how are the trophies so far? (Difficulty/Time to achieve)

On 11/9/2023 at 2:47 PM, FishOfPain said:

I'm planning on getting this soon to get this game up to 100% again, but it can wait until after I've finished RE6.

But apart from me not liking to having to revisit games since they'll mess with the order of my trophy list, I actually had some hopes that this DLC might be good.

One of those things I'm most curious about is, for you who has played it, how does it feel to revisit areas from the main game? Some really memorable gaming experiences for me has come from revisiting areas from earlier games in sequels or DLC and see how they've changed since your earlier visit. Is that feeling present somewhere here or is it just the exact same environments as in the base game re-used? Or did I just get a wrong impression from the trailer that some areas would be returning from the main game?

Also, how is the story pacing? I understand what they were going for with the main game, but I don't think they pulled it off too well; with most of the story being revealed in the last third of the game early on all dialogue just felt so repetitive in every cutscene. ...then two-three skits immediately afterwards repeating the same thing AGAIN. 😂

I just played the game and that's the worst thing about it. The game has way too much dialogue and the characters constantly repeat themselves. I don't remember playing any other game where I wanted the characters to stop talking. The skits are also way too long.

If the expansion is anything like that, no chance I will play it.

I'm also surprised they're selling a DLC for £25 after the game came out 2 years ago. I can't see this doing well. People that played it at release and liked the game moved on a long time ago.

Edited by NathanW18

4 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Completion time is somewhere between 12 to 15h, depending on your pace. The difficulty is like a 3/10 or 4/10 since you can lower the difficulty to story, which I do recommend since the bosses are super spongy in the dlc. 

The most annoying part was sometimes grinding for materials for certain side-quests, which was totally unnecessary. It wasn't a big grind but it was kinda annoying. 

Here is a brief overview of the requirements for the throphies. 

The following are story related: 

- the First Seal;

- Resolution;

- True freedom;

- the Second Seal;

- Departure

Arms Master. You need to upgrade the new weapons in the dlc. First you need to find the new weapons in the second mausoleum. They are locked behind three gates with a mini-boss in this dungeon. They are pretty hard to miss since the game will have cutscene urging you to check it out. Secondly, you need to find a special core upgrade material in the final dungeon. Again its hard to miss since they drop from mandatory mini-bosses along the main path. 

Unparalled Problem Solver and Individual Growth. All side-quests will easily pop-up on your map when available. Just use the fast travel a lot to save some time. 

Always on her mind. The portraits are all in the final dungeon and can't be missed if you explore it fully. Most are on the main path but one or two are in an optional one. Still its very hard to miss. 

Hero of the Summit: Again hard to miss, its part of the final dungeon and even of the main path if I remember correctly. 

Elite Vanguard, Again. This is a colloseum battle with a super boss. Just reduce the difficulty for this one since its a a super sponge. It has two fases btw. 

Overall I think its a nice epilogue but the main quest would have been enough for me if that would reduce the price. The side-quests weren't that great and I also forgot many of the side characters. The main quest is good if you like the main game but its not worth the price so best to wait for a good sale. 

Awesome! Thanks so much for this =D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

I just played the game and that's the worst thing about it. The game has way too much dialogue and the characters constantly repeat themselves. I don't remember playing any other game where I wanted the characters to stop talking. The skits are also way too long.

If the expansion is anything like that, no chance I will play it.

I'm also surprised they're selling a DLC for £25 after the game came out 2 years ago. I can't see this doing well. People that played it at release and liked the game moved on a long time ago.

Play Guardians of the Galaxy. You'll have a splitting headache by the end.

As for the DLC over charging for very little effort... I've said it before: this entire game is built from the ground up around time saver packs so this is very much on brand. I think I'm gonna wait for a sale.

14 hours ago, Laozuli said:

Completion time is somewhere between 12 to 15h, depending on your pace. The difficulty is like a 3/10 or 4/10 since you can lower the difficulty to story, which I do recommend since the bosses are super spongy in the dlc. 

The most annoying part was sometimes grinding for materials for certain side-quests, which was totally unnecessary. It wasn't a big grind but it was kinda annoying. 

Here is a brief overview of the requirements for the throphies. 

The following are story related: 

- the First Seal;

- Resolution;

- True freedom;

- the Second Seal;

- Departure

Arms Master. You need to upgrade the new weapons in the dlc. First you need to find the new weapons in the second mausoleum. They are locked behind three gates with a mini-boss in this dungeon. They are pretty hard to miss since the game will have cutscene urging you to check it out and are on the main path. Secondly, you need to find a special core upgrade material in the final dungeon. Again its hard to miss since they drop from mandatory mini-bosses along the main path. 

Unparalled Problem Solver and Individual Growth. All side-quests will easily pop-up on your map when available. Just use the fast travel a lot to save some time. 

Edit: some side-quests require you to fight with a certain character solo so make sure to keep your gear up to date for everyone. You can use items in these fights to make it easier on yourself. 

Always on her mind. The portraits are all in the final dungeon and can't be missed if you explore it fully. Most are on the main path but one or two are in an optional one. Still its very hard to miss. 

Hero of the Summit: Again hard to miss, its part of the final dungeon and even of the main path if I remember correctly. 

Elite Vanguard, Again. This is a colloseum battle with a super boss. Just reduce the difficulty for this one since its a a super sponge. It has two fases btw.

Edit: no items are allowed for this fight so make sure not to overheal in the first fase. I did this and he wiped me in his second fase when he had 2 bars left due to my healing cp having run out. Second time I saved more healing cp and got him.

Overall I think its a nice epilogue but the main quest would have been enough for me if that would reduce the price. The side-quests weren't that great and I also forgot many of the side characters. The main quest is good if you like the main game but its not worth the price so best to wait for a good sale. 

Thank you so much for the info. I managed to finish getting all the DLC trophies a few hours ago. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:00 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Is a physical "complete" edition, including the base game and the dlc, planned for western release? I see some bundles with ridiculous prices but they are digital only as far as I understand.

No announcement made and BIG doubt they will do so unless they decide to re-release this on PS6 or something. 

On 11/11/2023 at 11:41 PM, Sun_emperor1 said:

Just wanna add this here, several quest items can just be bought from material vendors, on my playtrough there were only 2 quests where i actually had to do a minor grind. (3 hard bones and 5 icicle fangs.)

And fortunately, the Owl king sells a legendary fish for one the final sub quest. I really didn't want to spend time fishing again lol

Last trophy popped. Total time 17 hours 34. Estimated difficulty 3/10.

Even the "ultimate" training mission is very easy. It's labeled "lvl 99" but a lvl 91 team (alphen, rinwell, kisaga, shionne) cleared it without a sweat. I expected 3 bosses but there were only 2. When you have cleared the final boss of the DLC and its ridiculous 850k HP, the last training mission seems very easy (only 200k HP).

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 1:13 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

This game snatching my 100% from me like

atl-chain.gif

Aaaaand I took it right back.

spacer.png

Beyond the Dawn went on sale recently so I picked it up while I could. Goodness, what a boring slog. So unnecessary, especially 2 years later when half the story has been forgotten. Who asked for this?

The DLC doesn’t carry over any of the stuff you grinded for in the main game. Instead, you’re awarded special perks from story milestones that you can use in the expansion which is… an OK substitute, I guess. The levelling is more reasonable here but I think that’s because you get a permanent XP bonus from a milestone reached in the main game. 

The economy is also much better. You start off with 100, 000 gald and, apart from the trophy related weapon, you can pretty much sell most of your old weapons now without the worry that you’ll need them for upgrades. There’s also more rare ores to sell so you’re never broke for too long. Generally speaking, gald, items, resources and equipment come much quicker than in the main game.

Earlier, I said the levelling was “reasonable” in the DLC and it is… until the level 99 ultimate group fight. I was level 92 by the time I did it and grossly underleveled as a result. I didn’t want to grind dungeons or the final boss like I did in the main game, and I certainly wasn’t going to purchase the XP boosters (which is what this game really, really wants) so I went in dry… It was so annoying that at one point I tried to turn the difficulty down to ‘story’ and by the time I beat it I wondered why there was literally no difference in damage done or received, believing this to be yet another one of the game’s scams to push its microtransactions. It’s only when I checked the settings that I realised the difficulty was still on ‘normal’. Turns out that I forgot to ‘save’ the setting because, apparently, just selecting a setting isn’t enough in games anymore. 🙄 What a waste of time. I hope there’s no more DLC. That's enough now.

• 1 month later...