Tales of Arise - Beyond The dawn DLC (November 9 2023)

Biertje373

I coulda swore they said they weren't gonna do anything else with the game (even a sequel) so I am pretty surprised. But hey I ain't complaining, the last few hours of the game are pretty underwhelming (mainly just found the final dungeon and boss fights to be super boring) but overall I enjoyed it and will happily play more at some point.

The reason you don't play games on day 1. Can't wait for new trophies. 

To people who say this is unacceptable: You clearly didn't hear about Ghost of Tsushima, a game that got new game plus after 1st release, then it got multiplayer mode and after that a story dlc all with new trophies, all within two years after first release, so you had to 100% that game four times at least. 

Not to mention RE2 remake which got dead people stories later and some stupid trophy for one additional data patched in 😉

Grind your teeth. It will happen all the time in singlepayer games now, since the devs want you to keep them even if you finished them or you actually didn't but you didn't see new trophies are coming. 

My buddy always buys RE games on day 1 and i know from RE5 release that you should wait for Gold Edition first 🥰

I brought ToA already, yes, but i'm glad i didn't spent any money on Ultimate version which isn't Ultimate to begin with. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

The text in the video says it requires the game. Also why is it unacceptable? Why can't devs be allowed to go back to a game to add more story later?

Its like this say your GF moved away and told you to meet up soon ... You tell her I got some things to get done and will see you soon! 2 years went by lol and you show up at her house and you say im here! lol While she has a new boyfriend new job and everyone has forgot about you and moved on! Its the same here 2 years people moved on new things ... Come on! lol

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I wonder if it will come out for the PS4 as well. The Final Fantasy 7 Remake DLC for instance, wasn't part of the PS4 version.

It will probably be on both PS4 & PS5, when they announced the FF7 Remake DLC they only showed the PS5 logo in the trailer but this trailer has both the PS4 & PS5 logo and the title of the trailer also says PS5 & PS4 Games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biertje373 said:

It will probably be on both PS4 & PS5, when they announced the FF7 Remake DLC they only showed the PS5 logo in the trailer but this trailer has both the PS4 & PS5 logo and the title of the trailer also says PS5 & PS4 Games.

Good point. Even though the "PS5 & PS4 Games" look like a template :)

3 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

The reason you don't play games on day 1. Can't wait for new trophies. 

To people who say this is unacceptable: You clearly didn't hear about Ghost of Tsushima, a game that got new game plus after 1st release, then it got multiplayer mode and after that a story dlc all with new trophies, all within two years after first release, so you had to 100% that game four times at least. 

Not to mention RE2 remake which got dead people stories later and some stupid trophy for one additional data patched in 😉

Grind your teeth. It will happen all the time in singlepayer games now, since the devs want you to keep them even if you finished them or you actually didn't but you didn't see new trophies are coming. 

My buddy always buys RE games on day 1 and i know from RE5 release that you should wait for Gold Edition first 🥰

I brought ToA already, yes, but i'm glad i didn't spent any money on Ultimate version which isn't Ultimate to begin with. 

you didnt need to do the fucking game 100% 4 times just the new stuff and once on new game plus and re2 also didnt need a full run either

dont play games day 1? how fucking stupid when I can play it and not 10 years later when I could die in that time already

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I wouldn't mind trophies, but it has to be more than a dungeon/colisseum grind, like Tales of Zesteria and Ni No Kuni 2. I want more story and better dungeons.

Oh man, just seeing the Ni No Kuni 2 DLC mentioned gave me PTSD flashbacks! Honestly might be one of the worst DLCs of all time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwiftGuyver said:

Oh man, just seeing the Ni No Kuni 2 DLC mentioned gave me PTSD flashbacks! Honestly might be one of the worst DLCs of all time. 

I'm still so mad they added those DLCs years after NNK2 came out. By that time I completely forgot how to play the game and found it very hard to work on the DLCs. I've put it on my backlog again but hopefully I can get those DLCs done at some point. Honestly considering just starting a new playthrough and grinding till I can stand a chance to those DLCs. 

I'm kinda glad they added new DLC for Tales of Arise though, I liked that game enough for my first Tales game. Can't wait for this. :)

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

you didnt need to do the fucking game 100% 4 times just the new stuff and once on new game plus and re2 also didnt need a full run either

dont play games day 1? how fucking stupid when I can play it and not 10 years later when I could die in that time already

You had to 😊 

Typical gamer will sell a game after beating it and will move on but i don't get why trophy hunters do it? Like dildo of consequences (additional trophies after release date) rarely arrives lubed. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 1

Isn't a big difference between this and NNK2 that that one had DLC planned from the start (I remeber the season pass was included in the Collector's Edition) while this one even had the devs go out and explicitly say that there was NO DLC planned for it.

I hate having to reshuffle my game list with DLC, so I really try to avoid games until they're fully done.

But I gotta say I'm a bit curious what it might be. I remeber seeing the title before in some copyright data (or was it age ratings?) but then nobody could figure out if it was DLC, a sequel, an anime or a novelization. That must've been almost a year ago, so if they've been working on it since then it feels like it must be more than just new arena stuff. But if it's story stuff, I really wonder just what it'll be, the story felt rather one-and-done to me.

EDIT; Just watched the trailer. Seems like a sequel-type DLC so that explains how it'll continue the story at least.

Edited by FishOfPain

• 2 weeks later...