Tales of Arise - Beyond The dawn DLC (November 9 2023)

Biertje373

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing is with this bullshit and why I take huge breaks nowadays is because of these releases...

Keeping a 100% profile itself is a huge task but why release it 2 years later. I don't even remember the story or how to play lmao.

Anyways I'll give it a go anyways as I really liked the game as far as I remember 😅

• Like 1

Yeah, id much rather the time spent on developing this dlc be used to develop the next mothership tales title Considering it took 5 years between berseria and arise and the other tales team could potentially be working on a scarlet nexus sequel which means we may be waiting another 2 years for the next mothership tales title.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Terrible news for you, sir...

I already knew this a few weeks ago? But yes, I’m still not happy. 😂 I will skip this.

On 10/17/2023 at 5:45 PM, Baker said:

Well we now know that A: It’s not a stand alone DLC and B: It’s ridiculous expensive.

8 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Keeping a 100% profile itself is a huge task but why release it 2 years later. I don't even remember the story or how to play lmao.

Anyways I'll give it a go anyways as I really liked the game as far as I remember 😅

Yeah, I'm also a bit baffled by this. I wonder how many "normal" players (as in not trophy hunters) will bother to revisit the game for this? 

And I always try to wait for a game to be complete before playing it and I know there's always a "risk" of DLC being added, but I definitely thought it'd be no problem with this game since I waited a year after release to play it and they explicitly said that there were NO plans for any DLC. 

Also I think I would've liked the thought of it more if I could've just used some of my excess leveling in the original game.

24 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Interesting, the ps store shows only the ps5 version of the expansion.

Shit, you're right. The bundles with the base game are listed as PS4/PS5, but if you look at getting just the expansion it's only there as PS5. That's a blunder and a half, and the pre-orders have been up for quite a while now.

I'd assume it'll still work as cross-buy like literally every other content available for the game, but that's an expensive risk.

1 minute ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

£25 for DLC is just becoming ridiculous now. Why most the time I don't bother or wait for them to go on sale for a couple quid. 

It depends on the DLC. Something like Blood and Wine for Witcher 3 would be worth 25£.

On 11/1/2023 at 6:59 AM, sk_lp_him said:

Interesting, the ps store shows only the ps5 version of the expansion.

On 11/1/2023 at 7:27 AM, NamoPh said:

Shit, you're right. The bundles with the base game are listed as PS4/PS5, but if you look at getting just the expansion it's only there as PS5. That's a blunder and a half, and the pre-orders have been up for quite a while now.

I'd assume it'll still work as cross-buy like literally every other content available for the game, but that's an expensive risk.

The store page has been updated, so it's now confirmed cross-buy.

• Like 1

Kinda forget about it. Just lucky to pre-order it last minute for the bonus.

This DLC get some bonus points beeing worth paying and playing it Day One:

- Devlopment clearly AFTER the Game was finish, thats why the huge Time after Release

- With lots of Side Quests and new Character Quest and the Story it should you take at least 20 hours to complete

- Bandai Games are ussally playable Day One and no need to fix it or unplayable

even more Bonus Points for me:

- i had play Arise just a few months ago and clearly remember the story

- the new presenation and art style realy looks still very good.

- With the devlopment time in mind i guess we will not get a new Tales of soon, but another remaster in the meanwhile.

I bet on Tales of Grace or Xillia 1 & 2.

• Like 2

People online are saying this DLC is not worth the 40 bucks and to wait for a sale. No new playable characters (people thought the little girl would be playable), no new artes. Pacing of the story is weird but they put a lot of new side quests. Gonna get this once it's on sale for sure. 

• Like 2

Story seems good so far I'm enjoying it. I don't believe the trailer gave any indication that the new character was playable. 

Maybe i'm just realistic and only expected a story expansion nothing more. But if I did have to give a couple of criticisms it's that the game is overpriced and you don't carry over anything (apart from costumes) with level starting at 65.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ
Correction
  • Like 1