If SONY opens up the ability to change your username will this site be ready for it?

There's a rumor going around from a very reputable source that SONY is going to implement the ability to change your PSN name... FINALLY!! (I can't wait to remove the _ from mine) Sly will you be ready for such changes? I don't know how it will work but I know you will be on top of it! Keep up the great work!!

Typing this on my phone. Typo on the title...lol meant to say the....not three...UGH!!!

• Like 1

I hope so. My older brother was the one that started this account and put his name and I would like to change mine to BrunoBomb. Now after that SONY should give the oppurtunity to changa avatars in images we have. But that is asking for too much and being able to change the username is good already.

About time they did this to be honest, everybody I've ever heard opposing this literally has the dumbest reasons why it shouldn't be implemented. I like my name and wouldn't change it, but the option should be there, it should've always been there. A change in display name is not the same thing, I want to be able to change my actual username, if they go the display name route; they may as well not implement it and quit wasting their time. Full username change or GTFO. Xbox do it, steam do it, quit being bitches.

They say they built their infrastructure in such a way that the trophies are linked to the username and not the account, so actually being able to change your username and keeping your trophies at same time, is apparently extremely difficult to do. My answer to that, they've had a fuck ton of money and 7 years to work out how to get around that mistake, after 7 years, that mistake/problem, shouldn't be a problem any more. 7 years is way to long.  

As for Sly, my advice would be, if people change their PSN usernames; make it have no change on the PSN profiles forum, that way if they want their psn name and forum name too match up they have to pay for premium to do so. That's a good little way of bringing in some extra cash in for yourself or just to help pay for upgrades for the site, considering you don't run ads and all.

I would like them to implement this because I'd want to remove the '-' from my one. I just don't know how its going to be. Perhaps limit the amounts of ID changes on a console?

If anything why, logically, would it be tied to a console? If anything it would limit per account.

For those who just simply want to remove the _ or - in your IDs if this option is does become a reality, I doubt it would be that simple as PSN will notify you that the ID is already in use if it happens to be taken. I think the route Sony will probably go with is that you will have to create a new ID from scratch and if you so happen have a change of heart and want to go back to your previous ID, it will notify that the ID is already in used/unavailable so be careful in your decision. Start planning on what your new ID will be, make sure it is available ( create a message to that ID, if it's not registered then it is probably available ) and keep it to yourself unless you want someone else to take it just in case.

I doubt PSNIDs will change, just the display names like the Japan region already does.

This is what I think will happen too. Changing IDs seems like too much of a hassle and I doubt SONY is stupid enough to do something like that. Unless they charge for it.

If anything why, logically, would it be tied to a console? If anything it would limit per account.

Well I guess I was relating it to how the consoles activated in psn accounts are limited so there could possibly be a limit to how many times a console has gone through and ID change, but I guess the point you made was what I was trying to get at.

For those who just simply want to remove the _ or - in your IDs if this option is does become a reality, I doubt it would be that simple as PSN will notify you that the ID is already in use if it happens to be taken. I think the route Sony will probably go with is that you will have to create a new ID from scratch and if you so happen have a change of heart and want to go back to your previous ID, it will notify that the ID is already in used/unavailable so be careful in your decision. Start planning on what your new ID will be, make sure it is available ( create a message to that ID, if it's not registered then it is probably available ) and keep it to yourself unless you want someone else to take it just in case.

dont think i have already thought of that my friend.. if i were to remove the _ from my name which comes out to be Hardangelfan an ID already in use...BY ME...so ill change the original Hardangelfan to Hardangelsfan or something freeing up the ID for me to switch it...it might be a bit of a hassle, but worth it to move all my trophies to the Original ID i want. 

• Like 1

dont think i have already thought of that my friend.. if i were to remove the _ from my name which comes out to be Hardangelfan an ID already in use...BY ME...so ill change the original Hardangelfan to Hardangelsfan or something freeing up the ID for me to switch it...it might be a bit of a hassle, but worth it to move all my trophies to the Original ID i want. 

I was thinking if they will make this even possible as well, allowing any ID that is switching to become available to use again but it will a bit more of a hassle on Sony ( seeing how long they are taking to makes this option available ). Still anything is possible at the moment, hopefully it turns out well and not as Sly Ripper mention since that will totally suck, it's like putting on "makeup" on your ID and in the end it will still be the same ID but that could be a possibility too.

He's talking about the limit of PSN IDs that can be created on any single console. There is a limit of 64 new IDs created on a single PS3 system. You can create an unlimited number of accounts via the PS website however.

Edited by BeautifulTorment