How do you komplete a titan battle??MK1

RobMargiela

One possibility I've considered is that maybe this update won't kick in until midnight Chicago time (where NRS is located at). Still, waiting for this Titan trophy has gone on long enough. It's bullshit. 😡        

EDIT: Still nothing now that it's midnight in their time zone. Fuck these motherfuckers, I'm not touching the game again until this shit's added. 😡

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
Fuck you NRS and WB
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

you should not buy games for trophies, but because you want to play them.

Don't enjoy playing MK1 matches until some day the trophy becomes possible? If not, then why did you buy it in the first place?
The main reason for buying this game should be because you want to play Mortal Kombat. 

And if you want to play Mortal Kombat, you probably would want to have PS+ anyway.

Just don't play games unless you really want to. I only play games I'm interested in and still can have a lot of trophies and platinums.

In the end this has nothing to do with trophies, it's the fact that this game was released incomplete and people are mad because they did not get what they paid for. The Titan battle was supposed to be part of the base game. Key words being base game, this is not DLC in any way shape or form. Can you imagine what would happen if say for example the creators of a future Grand Theft Auto pulled a BS stunt like this? 

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

In the end this has nothing to do with trophies, it's the fact that this game was released incomplete and people are mad because they did not get what they paid for. The Titan battle was supposed to be part of the base game. Key words being base game, this is not DLC in any way shape or form. Can you imagine what would happen if say for example the creators of a future Grand Theft Auto pulled a BS stunt like this? 

Rockstar actually did that. GTA Online was not available on day 1 with the release of GTA V. But the waiting only took 2 weeks or so. With this game it's unclear.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Rockstar actually did that. GTA Online was not available on day 1 with the release of GTA V. But the waiting only took 2 weeks or so. With this game it's unclear.

I was not aware of that, I stand corrected. Good to know they got that done quickly back then. For the record I'm one of those people who likes GTA but I'm awful at it. That's why my knowledge of such facts is so poor. 😂 As for Mortal Kombat, they need to get that Titan shit done already. 

9 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

One possibility I've considered is that maybe this update won't kick in until midnight Chicago time (where NRS is located at). Still, waiting for this Titan trophy has gone on long enough. It's bullshit. 😡        

EDIT: Still nothing now that it's midnight in their time zone. Fuck these motherfuckers, I'm not touching the game again until this shit's added. 😡

It's usually like 10am CST or PST that the change overs happen from what I understand.  So another 3 - 5 hours before you can completely rule it out for today.

I buy a cheesy hamburger with a slice of cheese not available when they hand the burger to me at the 1st place, when I figure out by tasting this delicious meal & notice that, I ask the seller, the seller response with "We still unclear which type of cheese we planning to apply into this burger, possible to wait until we announce....soon?"

And here we go again, recently seller make announcement, we thought that they still planning on the cheese issue however by the time we notice the official announcement in actually is.....they plan to expand the time to fried the beacon even longer than usual, to make it juicy. None of the article touch about the cheese.....that pending long time? How's that?

And by now, I was finishing the entire burger.......still no news about the cheese, what should I react to this? Report to Consumer Council? They not selling with the content should have while they advertise their burger (check the game back cover.....you notice what does it mean)?

Or, continue to wait while I was full with the burger but feel something took off from it because no cheese in this burger?

I'm guess that is what we encounter for now, to deal with this long wait, no news.....Titan battle? or where is my Cheese? 😅

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

It's usually like 10am CST or PST that the change overs happen from what I understand.  So another 3 - 5 hours before you can completely rule it out for today.

I'd said midnight Chicago time because in the past NRS would update things then, one past example was the faction stuff in MKX. But at the same time, you do bring up a good point. After all, this game wasn't playable for the first time until 10am PST back on September 14.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ConAir said:

R* didn't release RDR2's online until mid December of 2018 iirc.  The game came out Oct 26th of that year, so that was a good month and a half wait iirc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sicho said:

you should not buy games for trophies, but because you want to play them.

Don't enjoy playing MK1 matches until some day the trophy becomes possible? If not, then why did you buy it in the first place?
The main reason for buying this game should be because you want to play Mortal Kombat. 

And if you want to play Mortal Kombat, you probably would want to have PS+ anyway.

Just don't play games unless you really want to. I only play games I'm interested in and still can have a lot of trophies and platinums.

Trophies are a part of the overall experiance now.  They are absolutely an element to be considered when buying a game (admittedly one of the smallest considerations but one none the less) Trophies functioning correctly & all trophies being available & ready to be earned should be as expected as the game itself running correctly & all content playable. 

5 hours ago, Sicho said:

Me & many others will 'complete' a game if they like it & then move onto the next one. I've been ready to move on from this for weeks (I've not properly played this game in a fortnight) I'm waiting to sell it.

To me &  plenty of others, 100%ing the trophies is a part of 100%ing a game. Don't gert me wrong doing that isn't a requirement for a purchase. But as a buyer I should be able to know I can if i choose to my own schedule.

e.g. I bought resident evil 4 on release with the belief I wouldn't have the skill to unlock EVERYTHING in the game & thus couldn't platinum it, but there was transparency from capconm so i made an informed decision.

WB/NRS didn't do that with this game. I enjoyed the game enough to want to 100% it, the last piece was the titan trophy but that isn't actually possible until an undisclosed date in the future. Which was not made clear.

By comparison Rockstar released both GTAV & Red Dead 2 with the online trophies locked till the mode was released later...but they told us that. So I could make an informed decision on when to buy those games

Edited by Domatron0602

17 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

A new update today, still no access to that fucking Titan trophy. To add insult to injury, that new Halloween fatality that they claim is available isn't. Tired of this bullshit, NRS and WB ought to be reported to the Better Business Bureau for selling an incomplete product. Everyone's tired of waiting for the Titan trophy, they're assholes for this. They need to quit fucking around and release it. This is the last time I buy a game from these assclowns as a preorder or on a release date, from now on I'll wait and see what happens for awhile before buying (if I even do). Enough is emotherfuckingnough. 🤬

Theyre fucking pricks the game isnt that good anyway but they could at least let us get our moneys worth and plat it but they wont.

On 10/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, Bunkerbudy said:

Did anybody else get a message in the game about the new season, bosses and titan battles???

NVM: this is the current season, so weird I got this popup, I have completed the season already...

spacer.png

EDIT: Nevermind, it's was something else....

-------------------------
It seems sort of new Halloween map is coming? Invasions update maybe?

Edited by DragonSpear2462

Just now, willmill97 said:

Sorry I’m new here, I’ve only done the story so far. But quick question, when they release a titan battle, do we know if they will be available to play straight away or will there be pre-requisites?

As of now we have ZERO idea. They have never announced/talked about Titan fights, ever.

13 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

As of now we have ZERO idea. They have never announced/talked about Titan fights, ever.

TBH, after reading that old popup, i am more tempted to believe they just forgot the Titans or the trophy is bugged... 

The way they say, take down the season boss and his titans... looks like the titans are lesser creatures/fighters than the boss, so not somthing bigger at the end...

33 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

TBH, after reading that old popup, i am more tempted to believe they just forgot the Titans or the trophy is bugged... 

The way they say, take down the season boss and his titans... looks like the titans are lesser creatures/fighters than the boss, so not somthing bigger at the end...

I doubt they just "forgot" lol. Games have to go through 1st party verification, meaning that they have to make sure all trophies can be popped during development. (If later patches break them, that's another story)

If anything, the fact that we actually get new Invasions content during a season (Halloween map for example) means that it is very possible Titan will get added in later. So, just be patient everybody.

EDIT:
Patch Notes out. No mentions of Titan battles =(
https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/22038218725139-Mortal-Kombat-1-Patch-Notes-PlayStation-5-Xbox-Series-X-S-10-23-2023

Edited by DragonSpear2462

I truly hope this stunt of theirs comes back to bite them in the ass hard when it comes to future projects. False advertising and an ongoing refusal to give an actual timeframe on when what should've been included in the base game will be available, companies that engage in this kind of horseshit need to be held accountable for their actions. When WB and NRS have future releases after this debacle, hopefully people will speak with their wallets. I know I will. I'm not talking about not buying their products, I've been a Mortal Kombat fan since Day One. But like I'd said before, no more preorders or purchases by me on a new game's first day. I want to know what the hell I'll be getting first, so I'll be waiting at least a few weeks or a month or more to see how future titles go. Then I'll buy, but if they pull another bullshit stunt like this then I won't buy until after they've properly taken care of things. They made a killing on preorders this time around, hopefully they won't next time around. Serves them right if that happens, and I sure as hell hope it does. Plus at the rate things are going, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we get their precious DLC guest character Omniman before we get that damned Titan battle. 😡

32 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

I truly hope this stunt of theirs comes back to bite them in the ass hard when it comes to future projects. False advertising and an ongoing refusal to give an actual timeframe on when what should've been included in the base game will be available, companies that engage in this kind of horseshit need to be held accountable for their actions

Barely anyone cares about titan battles. If anything, stuff like Player 1 advantage junk and no crossplay yet is a MUCH bigger deal right now.

• Like 1

I think what they need to do is either remove the Titan trophy from the list and give every member of the 98% club their platinums already or move the Titan trophy into a DLC column. After all, this clearly isn't part of the base game.

Additionally, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something more to this than we're currently being told. Think about it, this game was released with a lot of bugs plus there's strong evidence that we're the recipients of a rushed product. Also, the recent extension of Season of the Specter could be another sign. A sign of what though? Maybe the game is broken and they don't know how to fix it (said extension may be a means to buy more time in the hopes that they can fix this), perhaps that's why they've been so damned evasive and cryptic. There's one game I have on my trophy list that I can't 100% due to a glitched trophy, the developers in question were eventually forced to admit their game was broken and they were unable to fix it. I hope I'm wrong, but maybe that's what's going on in this situation as well. If the Titan battle trophy is glitched and unobtainable then fine. Come out and admit it, just don't keep avoiding the question and lying to people. Being lied to is what's frustrated a lot of people in the first place.