Hi, I’m Andy

Andumssssssssss

21 minutes ago, Maxine said:

As for emotional and narrative-driven games, I am very glad you've played all of the Life Is Strange games, cos otherwise they would be at the top of my recommendations list. However, I will recommend Last Day Of June, Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons and Firewatch. Although they're fairly short but I loved them so I'm sure you will too. 

Excellent suggestions but I would also include Valiant Hearts: The Great War and Abzu:)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Excellent suggestions but I would also include Valiant Hearts: The Great War and Abzu:)

I have all of these but haven’t gotten around to playing them. Which reminds me I should really put time aside for Firewatch since I hear so many good things about it. I just want any media I consume anymore to leave me emotionally crushed!

• Like 1

Hi mate 👋

Big fan of those types of games too - you got some good recommendations above, but I can probably add a few!

I’d certainly recommend checking out What Remains of Edith Finch and Everyone’s Gone to the Rapture, which are both great ones in the more “walking sim” camp, and for a bit more in the way of Narrative Adventure games, I’d suggest checking out Tales Noir (formally called Backbone), The Artful Escape, Afterparty

…and my personal favourite of all of them: Norco!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

Hey Andy, welcome!! I'm Joe and have been inhabiting these parts regularly for a few years now... Glad to have you on board! If you get@Maxine's seal of approval, you automatically get mine too 😁 

I'm more into challenging games myself (been on a bit of a UR hunting kick for a while), but I'm glad you have a nice niche with the narrative driven end of the spectrum. There is a place for everyone at the table ofc!

@DrBloodmoney definitely knows his game stuff, so I'm sure he left you some top notch recommendations right there! 

Cheers mate, glad to have you with us, and see you around 👋 ✌️

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hi mate 👋

Big fan of those types of games too - you got some good recommendations above, but I can probably add a few!

I’d certainly recommend checking out What Remains of Edith Finch and Everyone’s Gone to the Rapture, which are both great ones in the more “walking sim” camp, and for a bit more in the way of Narrative Adventure games, I’d suggest checking out Tales Noir (formally called Backbone), The Artful Escape, Afterparty

I will add all of these to the list! I’ve had What Remains of Edith Finch installed forever but haven’t gotten to play, I hear nothing but good things! 

17 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Hey Andy, welcome!! I'm Joe and have been inhabiting these parts regularly for a few years now... Glad to have you on board! If you get@Maxine's seal of approval, you automatically get mine too 😁 

I'm more into challenging games myself (been on a bit of a UR hunting kick for a while), but I'm glad you have a nice niche with the narrative driven end of the spectrum. There is a place for everyone at the table ofc!

@DrBloodmoney definitely knows his game stuff, so I'm sure he left you some top notch recommendations right there! 

Cheers mate, glad to have you with us, and see you around 👋 ✌️

Thank you so much! I’ve had my time with difficult games and I still dive into them pretty often. I would like to get around to playing Sekiro sometime during the winter to complete my From Soft trophy collection! I’m working on Armored Core VI at the moment and even though it’s not been that difficult I’ve still really enjoyed my time with it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I shall add on The Longest Road On Earth. I forgot to mention that one. 

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

I still need to finish Abzu myself haha, I have it installed, so I might play that after I'm done with Boggle. 

22 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

If you get@Maxine's seal of approval, you automatically get mine too 😁 

Haha you're too kind Joe, glad I could be a positive influence in that regard. ^^

Edited by Maxine
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Andumssssssssss said:

High praise!🫡

also i see you just got plat in P3. Now, if you are interested, Limited Run Games has an open preorder for P3 starting tomorrow. They will open P4G at end of October. Now, you may think Limited Run is expensive and takes forever. True. So the other option if you wanted a physical (some of us like physicals :P. ) is wait a few months and check a site called Videogamesplus .ca , they sell LRG games cheaper. However, no LRG cards etc. But hey, its a good option if you missed out on an LRG title you wanted.

Hi Andy, welcome! Always nice to see new faces around the forums. Looks like you’ve been trophy hunting for awhile and got a nice collection going.

Re: narrative games you haven’t played yet, if you’ve been grabbing PS+ games for a few years I’d recommend checking out Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human, and perhaps the Mass Effect Legendary Edition too if you have them in your collection.

The former are fantastic, and the latter is more RPG but I played through the whole series this year and all 3 games were brilliant character & dialogue driven stories with a huge, deep lore filled world that remains consistent story-wise if you import your same character between each game. Definitely got sucked into that one for awhile and the experience has stuck with me.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Hi Andy! Totally relate on the social anxiety!

Hope you have a great time on the forums! :D 

We can fight this!

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

also i see you just got plat in P3. Now, if you are interested, Limited Run Games has an open preorder for P3 starting tomorrow. They will open P4G at end of October. Now, you may think Limited Run is expensive and takes forever. True. So the other option if you wanted a physical (some of us like physicals :P. ) is wait a few months and check a site called Videogamesplus .ca , they sell LRG games cheaper. However, no LRG cards etc. But hey, its a good option if you missed out on an LRG title you wanted.

50 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Hi Andy, welcome! Always nice to see new faces around the forums. Looks like you’ve been trophy hunting for awhile and got a nice collection going.

Re: narrative games you haven’t played yet, if you’ve been grabbing PS+ games for a few years I’d recommend checking out Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human, and perhaps the Mass Effect Legendary Edition too if you have them in your collection.

The former are fantastic, and the latter is more RPG but I played through the whole series this year and all 3 games were brilliant character & dialogue driven stories with a huge, deep lore filled world that remains consistent story-wise if you import your same character between each game. Definitely got sucked into that one for awhile and the experience has stuck with me.

I don’t really mess with physical, I’m mostly a digital person just because it’s convenient and most of the time they have better discounts and after I platinum a game I never ever revisit or replay them anyway. Even though I am tempted to get the special edition of Persona 3 Reload for the statue.

Also I’m a huge Mass Effect fan, I really hope the sequel releases sometime in my lifetime!

• Like 1

Welcome Andy!

I remember you, back in 2020 during pandemic we were both trophy hunting Rocket Arena, an EA Indie Studios videogame (it was quite grindy)

We played just a few games together and exchanged a few conversations also, as both of us were on our journey to that platinum trophy!

PS. I just checked and the funny thing is that we unlocked the platinum trophy on the very same day (Aug 27-2020) haha good stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

Welcome Andy!

I remember you, back in 2020 during pandemic we were both trophy hunting Rocket Arena, an EA Indie Studios videogame (it was quite grindy)

We played just a few games together and exchanged a few conversations also, as both of us were on our journey to that platinum trophy!

PS. I just checked and the funny thing is that we unlocked the platinum trophy on the very same day (Aug 27-2020) haha good stuff

Oh no my PTSD has been triggered! Glad we can both put that trophy and game

behind us!

3 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

G'day Andy, welcome.

Consider

Braid

Hyper Light Drifter, and

Return of the Obra Dinn. 🫡

I’ve been meaning to get to Hyper Light Drifter for like two years!🫠

2 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Narrative and emotional games have always been my games of choice, lots of folks on here feel similar. I got a few games that may hit the spot Andy (that other people haven't mentioned yet)

Road 96 seems really interesting, I do have a VR and I own Ghost Giant it’s just that hooking up the VR feels so tedious. Moss is without a doubt my favorite VR game loved it, I need to play the sequel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Welcome.

A few games shared -- I hope you're liking Armored Core VI.

OllgrTE.png

I'd recommend branching out to PlatinumGames's other software offerings, like Bayonetta, Vanquish, The Wonderful 101, etc.

I didn’t really enjoy Vanquish it was just kinda okay. Nier Automata is one of my favorite titles of all time though I pray for an announcement for a sequel every day. Armored Core is fun I just have to get into a specific mindset to play it. It’s a very secluding game with a very industrial setting and atmosphere, all of the talking but no faces. It’s fun but I feel a very strong sense of melancholy and loneliness while I play it if that makes any sense.

Edited by Andumssssssssss

Well, howdy there, Andy! 🤠

So, you're a trophy hunter, huh? I guess you're the kind of person who can spot a pixelated hidden treasure from a mile away. And now, you've bravely ventured into the wild west of PSNP despite your social anxiety and fear of others. Well, partner, you've just lassoed yourself a place in our digital saloon!

It sounds like you've been on a rollercoaster ride through the world of gaming, from friendly contests to emotionally charged narrative games. Those games sure do hit different, don't they? They hit you right in the feels and leave you pondering life's mysteries for days.

Feel free to toss out friend requests and follows like they're digital horseshoes. After all, making new friends in the wild west of the internet is what it's all about. So, welcome to the forum, Andy! We hope you enjoy your stay and find plenty of virtual gold nuggets along the way. 🎮🤝 #NewKidOnTheDigitalBlock

Disclaimer: This messages was written under the influence of generous amounts of alcohol. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by reading this nonsense.

fhnsfgns5fg5ns5fgn5xff4i75.jpg

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, El Duderino said:

Well, howdy there, Andy! 🤠

So, you're a trophy hunter, huh? I guess you're the kind of person who can spot a pixelated hidden treasure from a mile away. And now, you've bravely ventured into the wild west of PSNP despite your social anxiety and fear of others. Well, partner, you've just lassoed yourself a place in our digital saloon!

It sounds like you've been on a rollercoaster ride through the world of gaming, from friendly contests to emotionally charged narrative games. Those games sure do hit different, don't they? They hit you right in the feels and leave you pondering life's mysteries for days.

Feel free to toss out friend requests and follows like they're digital horseshoes. After all, making new friends in the wild west of the internet is what it's all about. So, welcome to the forum, Andy! We hope you enjoy your stay and find plenty of virtual gold nuggets along the way. 🎮🤝 #NewKidOnTheDigitalBlock

Disclaimer: This messages was written under the influence of generous amounts of alcohol. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by reading this nonsense.

fhnsfgns5fg5ns5fgn5xff4i75.jpg

Lmao; thank you! I read this entire post in The Dudes voice!