Server Shutdown April 2024

Sinthoras_96

12 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Could anyone tell me if the content of any of those editions is worth it or not? Thanks in advance. :)

As far as I'm aware, the hunter and weapons are only skins/cosmetics. Hunters don't have anything unique, they're all the same. Only difference is their RNG starting perks and beginning level. Maybe some of the dlc hunters start off at level 50 now? Not sure, but it isn't too hard to reach 50 anyway. And all the dlc weapons I had were just skins of guns already available in the game that were also given a unique name. Of course, if you die, it's gone forever so I used to just collect named weapons and never use them as they never gave any benefit.

Haven't played in the last 2 years, so this info may be out of date.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

image.png

image.png

Could anyone tell me if the content of any of those editions is worth it or not? Thanks in advance. :)

If you plan on playing the game long term and revisiting for events or whatnot then I'd say yes it's definitely worth it even though it's purely cosmetics. You get to start your matches with 3 random perks by using these characters which is better than starting with none by selecting the free ones. During events, these characters are also tied to certain pacts which grants some great perks depending on the pact your character belongs to. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Doctor_Gunner said:

dude ps5 and this generation in general are a total letdown. i still game on base ps4 every day with absolutely no need to upgrade

Are we playing the same game? Hunt is terrible on the PS4 version, even if played on PS5. The texture pop is abysmal, I'm constantly in situations where I can see other players through walls and other major objects in the distance because they're simply not rendered unless you zoom in with a scope. No multiplayer game should ever be in this kind of state to begin with.

Visually, yes, the game is okay on the last generation - but I can't wait for the native PS5 version because this game can look SO much better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydoki said:

Are we playing the same game? Hunt is terrible on the PS4 version, even if played on PS5. The texture pop is abysmal, I'm constantly in situations where I can see other players through walls and other major objects in the distance because they're simply not rendered unless you zoom in with a scope. No multiplayer game should ever be in this kind of state to begin with.

Visually, yes, the game is okay on the last generation - but I can't wait for the native PS5 version because this game can look SO much better!

i meant in general. you are right this game is badly optimised on console. ps5 version could fix it or not. but the point is no reason they are not able to polish the ps4 version. gta v launced on PS3. next gen needs far more than that to justify it's existance

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Support for XBox One & PS4 will end in April 2024 (earliest) - Players will be given a free upgrade to new console version and accounts/progression will carry over from older to newer consoles.

Does this mean trophies will carry over as well? So... Not a new trophy list?

4 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Support for XBox One & PS4 will end in April 2024 (earliest) - Players will be given a free upgrade to new console version and accounts/progression will carry over from older to newer consoles.

Does this mean trophies will carry over as well? So... Not a new trophy list?

There will be a new PS5 list, because PS4 and PS5 games can't share a list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

So I'm going to lose the ability to earn trophies? Damm that sucks! I just started this game! 

This is an online only game so no servers = no trophies :(. Once the servers close, the PS4 version of the game will become nothing more than a digital paperweight, clogging up your hard drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 12:49 PM, SuchRemorse said:

So I'm going to lose the ability to earn trophies? Damm that sucks! I just stated this game! 

Update: I Got the platinum. It was not has hard as I thought. Although I did put 108 Hours into the game. I played nothing else for the past 2 weeks. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Also keep in mind that with this recent update ( March 6th) you now need to get hunters to level 50 to retire. So, not only did they put us platinum hunters on a time crunch, but also made it harder in the final weeks. I'm rushing like a mofo trying to finish this plat in time.

Edited by Angormatore
Spelling

3 hours ago, Angormatore said:

Also keep in mind that with this recent update ( March 6th) you now need to get hunters to level 50 to retire. So, not only did they put us platinum hunters on a time crunch, but also made it harder in the final weeks. I'm rushing like a mofo trying to finish this plat in time.

Yes, it's 2 to 3 times the risk and the time it takes to be able to retire a hunter, as before you needed 1 good match of killing 2 bosses and extracting. Now, you need 2 or 3 good matches, or about 5 boss kills and extractions. And since you need more matches there is a bigger risk of someone killing you. You may survive playing dead and waiting 5 or 10 min but too often they put concertina traps and other things so you insta-die after reviving.

I only managed to retire one lvl 25 hunter after doing the 5 at level 50 trophy. So far I have retired 6 additional hunters at level 50 (12 total), and that should have been around 14 level 25 retirements... 

Yesterday I lost my first important hunter at level 29 (2 level 10s were fresh off quickplay so not a big loss). This update also got crititcism for this (more about prestiging, not trophies) and a few other things outside trophy hunting on the game's reddit.

Mind you, this is my experience playing solo, without using an alt to check if I'm alone in the lobby or not. If you use that, it will take longer but it will be safer. I will try to fix my ps4 and use it to remove tension and stress, and make it more chill as I finish the grind. 

The "good" news is that, if you are playing solo, you should be able to retire 25 level 50s on the way to getting the 100 bounties. I estimate around 90 bounties or slightly above the 100 required. 

2 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Yes, it's 2 to 3 times the risk and the time it takes to be able to retire a hunter, as before you needed 1 good match of killing 2 bosses and extracting. Now, you need 2 or 3 good matches, or about 5 boss kills and extractions. And since you need more matches there is a bigger risk of someone killing you. You may survive playing dead and waiting 5 or 10 min but too often they put concertina traps and other things so you insta-die after reviving.

I only managed to retire one lvl 25 hunter after doing the 5 at level 50 trophy. So far I have retired 6 additional hunters at level 50 (12 total), and that should have been around 14 level 25 retirements... 

Yesterday I lost my first important hunter at level 29 (2 level 10s were fresh off quickplay so not a big loss). This update also got crititcism for this (more about prestiging, not trophies) and a few other things outside trophy hunting on the game's reddit.

Mind you, this is my experience playing solo, without using an alt to check if I'm alone in the lobby or not. If you use that, it will take longer but it will be safer. I will try to fix my ps4 and use it to remove tension and stress, and make it more chill as I finish the grind. 

The "good" news is that, if you are playing solo, you should be able to retire 25 level 50s on the way to getting the 100 bounties. I estimate around 90 bounties or slightly above the 100 required. 

Using an alt to see who else is in the game and playing on a lowly populated server (like Oceania) will definitely help.

• Like 1

A positive note for this:

With the event, the pledge marks are back as well.

3 Pledges, one boosting melee damage for 100% (primal path) which helps a lot in generall (really good with the bomb lance)

At the marked supply points, there is a chance to be an envelope that you can open with a pledge mark (how many marks you have is depicted below the bounties [from 0/4 to 4/4]) that will give you 2000 hunter exp.