What's Your Go-to Difficulty Level in Games?

FluffyAssassin64

Difficulty Choices  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's your standard difficulty choice in games? (I know the names differ between games, but you get the idea)

• Very easy (Pure story; I want to get through as quickly as possible and feel like a god while doing it!)
    • Easy (Less of a challenge; give me the story!)
    • Normal (Usually what the developer's 'intend')
    • Hard (Offers a stiff challenge)
    • Very Hard (You'll need to use everything you've got very well in order to survive)
    • Extreme/Impossible (You usually die very quickly, the enemies are crazy strong, no items, etc.)

I tend to choose the easiest difficulty available to do all the collectables / miscellaneous trophies and enjoy the game and story and then I'll switch to the hardest difficulty for a challenge and of course the platinum if it is required.

*HOWEVER* - I'll go for hard if it's a game like uncharted which requires a hard play through to unlock the crushing ... I only like to do two runs of a game unless I love it ( the last of us as an example of my 4 playthroughs) or if it is a grind ( 6 knack playthroughs for diamonds arrgh )

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i'm all about the trophies, so if there's no trophy difficulty related, i normally play on Easy, despite having above average gaming skills, if i do say so myself.

Exceptions are, if a game has no diff. trophy, but it is amazing, I.E Fallout 3/New Vegas/Skyrim, i play on very hard and go full roleplay mode.

In every game, after I get used to the gameplay I jump straight to the hardest mode there is, and still, while most people have certain dificulties, I find most of the time really easy.

This comes from a person who likes a challange is not afraid to die in a game and can addapt really quick to any kind of game (Horror/Adventure/Platforming you name it!), and playing lots of video games.

Edited by AssassinShadow56
  • Like 1

I usually go for the highest available difficulty required for trophies first as most of the time these trophies stack, so I minimize the number of required playthroughs.

After that, I'll play whatever higher difficulties are required afterwards (the survival/grounded/ranger modes that unlock after beating the game or are released as DLC later)

If there's still some trophies left (or if I missed one) I'll clean up on the easiest difficulty that will get me the trophies.

If there's not difficulty related trophies, I'll just go with normal.

i choose normal if there is no difficulty related trophies, i choose easy if the game has annoying trophies like don't die the entire game or something silly like that i'd rather not put myself in a position thats gonna make me rage but i end up raging at some point in every game anyway ✌️

the highest difficulty possible if it's available from the start, something one of my older brothers teach me to get addicted to do it when i was 14 or something on streets of rage 2 on the genesis back then then SOR3 then the tekken series on psx and moved on..

the trick is, since you're new to this or that game then you had no idea how the difficulty is for it so, playing it on the highest difficulty setting first will tricked you as this is the standard difficulty for the game you're playing it for the first time,  and as long as you never touch the lower difficulties and see how easier they are then you'll do just fine, plus harder difficulties also make the games way much more fun / challenging, especially if it's a good game.

though i have to admit that i never manage to beat any DMC game on the ps2 on dante must die mode, and i never yet play ninja gaiden sigma on the highest difficulty possible.    

• Like 2

It normally depends on the game, but for sports games it's Professional/Normal (or 3 Stars for those old school PES players!)

For racing games, it's always easy, because I just want to mainly feel the speed, not make perfect corners and follow the good racing line to win.

The rest is always on Medium. Dead Space is an exception though, because damn that game was so frustrating to me even in Normal.

For me it Depends on the Game.

On Action, Platforming, Puzzle & RPGs: Hard+

The Only Exception is the Ys Series which is a Straight to Nightmare.

On Saints Row 3 & 4: I play on Normal or Easy, depending my Moods (Usually Easy :P)

And Every Other Type of Game is on Normal & Up

I always go for Hard Difficulty, not only I think that Normal Difficulty is really easy but when I pass some hard part on the game it feels more satisfying, and if the game has an unlockable new difficulty like Uncharted, I'll play it again, but if I'm sick of the game I don't unless I'm really close to the Platinum.

I'm torn between normal, hard and very hard.

Normal is the ideal difficulty, since it's not too easy and not too hard. Makes it so I can progress nice pace.

Hard is for the part of me that just want a challenge that I know I'm capable of overcoming, but might test my skills at a game.

Very hard. Probably just to suffer from challenges I might overcome if I play for hours, just memorize patterns and such.