Player-to-Player Trading to be shut down December 5th

DesmaBR

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

The following trophy is the only trophy related to trading with another player, unless the requirements change, which is possible as the trophy requirements changed when the game went F2P, but in case it doesn't, make sure to do this trophy:

79Sb436dd.png Swap Meet

The following trophy will be more RNG-based if the requirements remain unchanged:

61Sc199a6.png Budding Artist

There are also trophies relating to "certified items" but those are generally RNG-based unless you trade a certified item

62S147352.png One Better

63Sa39f15.png Certifiable 

The trophies for "collecting x amount of items" aren't exactly tied to player trading but you'll get them from natural play

@Maxine Thanks for the post! I personally have completed the game myself already, but as you said the RNG is hit or miss and because I didn’t like grinding it out, I simply traded with some guy from Ireland. It made life easier, but I was shocked at how nervous he was at losing his precious item despite me giving it back of course. Currently you can buy most of the items yourself on eBay, but I wouldn’t allow those people to make anymore money than they already do from scalping.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Maxine said:

The following trophy is the only trophy related to trading with another player, unless the requirements change, which is possible as the trophy requirements changed when the game went F2P, but in case it doesn't, make sure to do this trophy:

79Sb436dd.png Swap Meet

The following trophy will be more RNG-based if the requirements remain unchanged:

There are also trophies relating to "certified items" but those are generally RNG-based unless you trade a certified item

62S147352.png One Better

The trophies for "collecting x amount of items" aren't exactly tied to player trading but you'll get them from natural play

Thank you! Btw, I think you need to buy a 5€/$ pack to unlock trading, despite the game being f2p.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maxine said:

79Sb436dd.png Swap Meet

62S147352.png One Better

It should be possible to get a painted/certified item from the in-game shop for less than the 500 credits that need to be purchased to unlock the trading feature. Unless I'm misunderstanding what I'm looking at, I have something in the daily items that's both painted and certified for 300, so that might be even easier than finding someone who's willing to part with one.

As if being acquired by Epic Games and turned into a F2P made the game less fun, now they make it even less fun. This will definitely kill off the game for good.

Very frustrating and sad when some of the greatest multiplayer games offered with PS+ they become worse. Rocket League, Fall Guys… thanks Epic… more like Unepic.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

Guys, how many trophies are F2P? I wanna get 100% online trophies.

The entire game is F2P but there's only 1 trophy that mandates using the trading system, which is "Swap Meet" but do note it costs £/$5 to unlock the trading feature. See the Guides for more details on the other online trophies: https://psnprofiles.com/guides/3679-rocket-league

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Thank you! Btw, I think you need to buy a 5€/$ pack to unlock trading, despite the game being f2p.

and @HuntingFever:

Not 100% correct actually. You only need to pay 5€ only if you never played the game before it was f2p. If you played it back when it was on psplus you're good to go. You'll also need to:

• Confrmed Epic account.
  • 2FA on your Epic account.
  • Level 30.
  • 50 minutes of online gameplay

Source: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/rocket-league-c5719357623323/basics-c7261959845275/what-are-rocket-league-trade-restrictions-a5720112147611

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

and @HuntingFever:

Not 100% correct actually. You only need to pay 5€ only if you never played the game before it was f2p. If you played it back when it was on psplus you're good to go. You'll also need to:

• Confrmed Epic account.
  • 2FA on your Epic account.
  • Level 30.
  • 50 minutes of online gameplay

Source: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/rocket-league-c5719357623323/basics-c7261959845275/what-are-rocket-league-trade-restrictions-a5720112147611

Ouch! There were no restrictions when I got this trophy done a few years back before the F2P patch. The devs really done everything possible to try and stop people from trading items so now they've taken the nuclear option and just nuked the entire feature, what a dick move :(.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Not 100% correct actually. You only need to pay 5€ only if you never played the game before it was f2p. If you played it back when it was on psplus you're good to go

I never claimed it on PS+ (I think that was before I made my account), and I never had to pay the trading charge. Likely cos I fulfilled the other requirements, but I'm not sure. 

Edited by Maxine

17 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I never claimed it on PS+ (I think that was before I made my account), and I never had to pay the trading charge. Likely cos I fulfilled the other requirements, but I'm not sure. 

You played the game before it was f2p. You played back in 2016, and Epic made it f2p in 2020.

10 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I can't find any add-on that costs $4.99 or that or that states it's requerired for trading items with other players. 

At least 500 Credits or equivalent (Ex: Esports Tokens) purchased
Only purchases made in-game will count toward trade requirements

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe it's an in-game option that appears when you try to trade with someone 🤔.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

At least 500 Credits or equivalent (Ex: Esports Tokens) purchased
Only purchases made in-game will count toward trade requirements

Thanks for the answer. So, I have to buy 500 credits to get the ability to trade?

11 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

As if being acquired by Epic Games and turned into a F2P made the game less fun, now they make it even less fun. This will definitely kill off the game for good.

Very frustrating and sad when some of the greatest multiplayer games offered with PS+ they become worse. Rocket League, Fall Guys… thanks Epic… more like Unepic.

Item trading being taken out will do absolutely nothing to Rocket League.

• Like 2