Player-to-Player Trading to be shut down December 5th

DesmaBR

Excuse me for asking a stupid question. But if I started to play this game from zero, how long would it take me to meet the requirements for the trophy in question?

I read the post that lists requirements like having an Epic account etc. so I understand that aspect. What I'd like to know is what else I need to do. Like do I need specific items to trade, respectively are they specific things to farm before trading?

Just curious as I've been playing this game on and off on my alt account. But never went too deep so I'm totally in the unclear as far as trophies are concerned. I considered sitting this one out actually. But if it's not much of a hassle I might actually go for it. Hence my question.

Edited by Ivotas
Typos

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Did you play at all before the F2P Patch was released a few years ago? If yes, you won't have to pay but if no, you will have to pay.

unfortunately, only started this account in 2022 so no. :( 

EDIT: I will double check in the game at some point and see what happens as i seem to have a funny feeling that owning the disk version makes trading free but maybe it's false hope 

Edited by serrated-banner9

Just to clear a few things up from what I can read through here 

You need to go to Epic Games website (https://www.epicgames.com/id/activate) to activate your Epic account if you don't have one then you have to create it and then activate it. 

Then you also need to spend at least 500 credits to get those you can buy them for £3.99 GBP or local currency equivalent. Just buy anything for that value.

Once that is done if you played Rocket League before it was acquired by Epic you should be level 20 if you played till platinum. So if this is the case then you only need to level up another 10 levels on their new level up system to total 30. Once this is done you then unlock P2P trading. 

If you have not played the game before you need to play online and grind to level 30 you can not achieve this via private matches.

Simply logging in since Epic acquired the game does not work. Once levelled up to 30 you can then trade with another player by inviting them to your party then select the player card and press "Invite to Trade" then you can trade items. If you have a fully levelled up "Certified" item and trade it with other player it will automatically pop the trophies related to levelling up a certified item which there are two trophies. 

If you have a certified item it has a mission of doing "x" amount of actions 200 times which will unlock both trophies. You can check this by going to your "Garage" then select "Customise car" and scroll across to the tab where the certified item would live then check what it's requirement is. Each one is random depending on the drop.

You then need to trade something to the other player (it can be the same item they gave you) and that will unlock the "Swap Meet" trophy which will be unobtainable after 05/12/2023. 

I hope this helps anybody that has any issues. 

So as a summery 

Don't start a boosting session unless you are level 30 

Make sure you've linked your PSN account to Epic Games via activating 

Spend 500 credits which is bought from PSN for £3.99 or local currency equivalent.

Once these two are done you can get Swap Meet. 

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

well, in that case i kind of just not want to bother but my Compton sense does so another question:

How long does it take to get to level 30 from scratch?

With the challenges you level up quite quickly. Also, sometimes the (huge) daily win bonus of 2000XP counts multiple times. I played the halloween event which made for some quite short games, so more XP faster, and I still had to grind 2 levels. Without that, maybe grind 5 levels. Still close to 10 hours of playing so double digits like HuntingFever said. Or... you could spend 10 instead of 5, buy the season pass and skyrocket in levels. Due to a 30%(?) XP increase and access to more challenges. 

10 minutes ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Can anyone give me hope if getting to lvl 30 is possible in 2 days? 😓

It might be doable, but I think it'll be tight. It took me about that long to go from 20 -> 30, but that was in October so I wasn't rushing or grinding.

30 minutes ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Oh my fucking god I wish essential info like this would be updated in the guides. The dlc guide just says how to do it, doesn't say anything about a level requirement. I have the PS+ version so I have Legacy Status but I hadn't touched the game since doing the online for the base game back in 2020.......now I'm only at Level 1 and need to get to lvl 30 before shutdown. Fuck my life, racing and driving games have been really screwing me over since Onrush......

Challenges give a lot of XP but they leave you at around level 25. Your best bet would be to buy the seasson pass for 10 bucks which unlocks more challenges and gives an XP boost.

I agree, the guides are not very good. They don't mention these requirements or let you know how or where to unlock cars. "Simply use Merc bla bla" Well I don't have it... Nowhere in the guide does it say how to unlock it :facepalm:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Oh my fucking god I wish essential info like this would be updated in the guides. The dlc guide just says how to do it, doesn't say anything about a level requirement. I have the PS+ version so I have Legacy Status but I hadn't touched the game since doing the online for the base game back in 2020.......now I'm only at Level 1 and need to get to lvl 30 before shutdown. Fuck my life, racing and driving games have been really screwing me over since Onrush......

Good luck man you may need to put your all time and energy for this. I gave up on it cause I cant take any more breaks from work lol, used all my free tlme for battlefield bad company

Yikes. At what point did Epic decide it was necessary to add the level 30 requirement in order to trade? According to my profile I started the game on 20th March 2021 and got Swap Meet done 4 days later. I cannot remember what level I was at the time but I strongly doubt I got to level 30 within four days. I did not purchase the season pass, I did however have to purchase credits in order to trade.

5 minutes ago, Mina said:

Yikes. At what point did Epic decide it was necessary to add the level 30 requirement in order to trade? According to my profile I started the game on 20th March 2021 and got Swap Meet done 4 days later. I cannot remember what level I was at the time but I strongly doubt I got to level 30 within four days. I did not purchase the season pass, I did however have to purchase credits in order to trade.

That came with the F2P update a few years back.

2 hours ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

I got lvl30 with 2h on the record, if you buy the premium pass it's super doable, just work on challenges, I played 1v1, and people on low levels weren't very good. Also if you have a fresh account you will play against bots for a few matches, I did more than 30 goals per match against them as they are pretty bad, just get to the ball as fast as possible everytime.

Edited by timpurnat

Play sideswipe on your phone and sign in with the same epic account as your trophy account. Every level gained on sideswipe, you'll earn 4k xp when you win a match on console. Sideswipe level 10 = 40k xp after 10 wins. I got to level 15 and stopped as it took 3 or 4 games per level after that, but getting to level 10 took maybe 30mins. Just remember to claim challenge xp in sideswipe as well as on console. The challenges give a lot.

This has been said a lot too, but only use the level up rewards you get from challenges once you're 20 otherwise you're wasting xp.

Did anyone have issues with Rocket League not recognising the Epic Account being linked? Trying to do this for my girlfriends account, got level 30, 500 points etc and successfully linked accounts (Epic website says linked to PS, rocket league stats and level displayed for me to see), yet in game it keeps saying I need to link accounts through 2 step etc. Any one know a work around or known issue before this shuts down in a few hours?

edit: Fixed, switched from email to sms 2step and it worked for some reason. Left that a bit too close!

Edited by ScintillaWolf