Definitely a new Soulsbourne, right?

Xillynoc

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

That'sa lot of bosses.

I'll wait people's opinion on this one. Demo was a bit controversial. Bloodborne style flask system being the main criticism.

I didn’t play the demo, but apparently the devs fixed that. I beat the first boss and am like 25 minutes in and o have over 20 health injectors so I don’t think it will be an issue.

1 hour ago, ClockWorkPhantom said:

How are you liking it so far I here blasphemous/ castlevania vibes?

I think it’s extremely good so far. The game seems absolutely massive, and the 4 main and 4 secondary weapons I got so far all seem awesome and are very separate from each other. Only fought one boss so far but it was very well designed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RuancarloSilva said:

The game is great, already achieved the three endings. The problem is the map design. There’s no indicator of the % completed in each zone and there’s a LOT of invisible walls.

I have 94% of completion in 19 hours. Only need 4 collectibles for the platinum and have no clue where they are.

Did you encounter anything that could maybe be missable? Like the 5-6 questlines, endings etc. Or did everything come narutally without much trouble?

1 hour ago, RuancarloSilva said:

The game is great, already achieved the three endings. The problem is the map design. There’s no indicator of the % completed in each zone and there’s a LOT of invisible walls.

I have 94% of completion in 19 hours. Only need 4 collectibles for the platinum and have no clue where they are.

How do we get the different endings? I’m only 5 hours in but I really hope I don’t permanently lock myself out of something.

I saw a lot of people saying that this game is a legitimate Metroidvania, nothing Souslike or anything like that, if it's really like that it's something that makes me want to play even more, I'm almost buying it.

But what RuancarloSilva said about % left me worried, making me wonder if it's better to wait for an update.

1 hour ago, WitchHunterDX said:

I saw a lot of people saying that this game is a legitimate Metroidvania, nothing Souslike or anything like that, if it's really like that it's something that makes me want to play even more, I'm almost buying it.

But what RuancarloSilva said about % left me worried, making me wonder if it's better to wait for an update.

It’s absolutely a soulslike metroidvania. I almost never stuck with souls games and I am just get dominated in this ice world to the point I have to put it down for awhile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RuancarloSilva said:

How is the game diff, you played blasphemous and can compaire?

13 hours ago, RuancarloSilva said:

This game entered in place one on my wishlist today. Would you be so kind to state out, are there any missables to look out for? How hard would you rate the game so far? A missing perecentage indicator is a bummer though, makes 100% exploring very annoying i always love when games state out exactly where you are missing something ( at least in a sub area ) like in Afterimage for example. 

Edited by DavySuicide

13 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

It’s absolutely a soulslike metroidvania. I almost never stuck with souls games and I am just get dominated in this ice world to the point I have to put it down for awhile.

So being a difficult metroidvania = it's a soulslike? xD We should stop calling everything we see soulslike. Creators might use it for sale pitch. I bet it brings more people to the table when they call it soulslike. But from what I've seen so far it's just a challenging metroidvania like Blasphemous, Ender Lilies etc. (hoping for physical release, because I despise digital only stuff) 

• Like 2

So, i just got the plat and will try to answer some questions.

If you play using STR build and use the Greatsword you obtain in early game, the game is a 3/10, only 3 bosses will give a bit of a trouble. 

Regarding missables, you can miss a few quests if you don’t turn them before you kill a boss named Laddak. He’s the final boss (sort of).

The sidequests are very easy and they demand you to collect some items for each NPC. The only quest that is a bit of a pain is from a NPC called Lady in a Ink. You need to find 20 collectibles and turn them to her. 18 of 20 collectibles are very easy to find but 2 of them are behind hidden walls in Liturgic Pass and the Upper Part of Mythringal (you guys will understand when you play the game). Just hit every wall of the game and you’ll be fine and deliver each quest before you kill the “last” boss.

There’s a guy that wants a tome. He will be in the cemitery of Ordens Palace after he disappear when he receives the tome. You need to find him there for the Encantations trophy.

There’s 27 notes needed for the trophy, 16 encantations (some of them are bought via a NPC in the Mansion that wants a Liver, the guy that wants the Tome shall be your last liver) and the last Sepulcro is optional (there’s a trophy for it). You will need to complete the Lady in the Ink sidequest to get a Key Item (it’s 4 of them). After collecting all the 4, go to the bottom of the Crypt, put them in the Broken Well and kill the witch. This quest is not missable but is optional. You can complete the 3 endings without doing this.

Regarding the endings, I don’t have a clue how i unlocked the secret ending. 2 of 3 endings trigged automatic after i refused to sit in the throne. I went there after completing every sidequest besides the Lady in the Ink so maybe a sidequest activated it. The secret ending is like an continuation of ending B.

After you complete the game, you will return to a point right before your final choice (most of NPCs will be gone, so that’s why a lot of quests are missable if you kill the last boss).

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, RuancarloSilva said:

So, i just got the plat and will try to answer some questions.

If you play using STR build and use the Greatsword you obtain in early game, the game is a 3/10, only 3 bosses will give a bit of a trouble. 

Regarding missables, you can miss a few quests if you don’t turn them before you kill a boss named Laddak. He’s the final boss (sort of).

The sidequests are very easy and they demand you to collect some items for each NPC. The only quest that is a bit of a pain is from a NPC called Lady in a Ink. You need to find 20 collectibles and turn them to her. 18 of 20 collectibles are very easy to find but 2 of them are behind hidden walls in Liturgic Pass and the Upper Part of Mythringal (you guys will understand when you play the game). Just hit every wall of the game and you’ll be fine and deliver each quest before you kill the “last” boss.

There’s a guy that wants a tome. He will be in the cemitery of Ordens Palace after he disappear when he receives the tome. You need to find him there for the Encantations trophy.

There’s 27 notes needed for the trophy, 16 encantations (some of them are bought via a NPC in the Mansion that wants a Liver, the guy that wants the Tome shall be your last liver) and the last Sepulcro is optional (there’s a trophy for it). You will need to complete the Lady in the Ink sidequest to get a Key Item (it’s 4 of them). After collecting all the 4, go to the bottom of the Crypt, put them in the Broken Well and kill the witch. This quest is not missable but is optional. You can complete the 3 endings without doing this.

Regarding the endings, I don’t have a clue how i unlocked the secret ending. 2 of 3 endings trigged automatic after i refused to sit in the throne. I went there after completing every sidequest besides the Lady in the Ink so maybe a sidequest activated it. The secret ending is like an continuation of ending B.

After you complete the game, you will return to a point right before your final choice (most of NPCs will be gone, so that’s why a lot of quests are missable if you kill the last boss).

A ton of valuable info. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

So being a difficult metroidvania = it's a soulslike? xD We should stop calling everything we see soulslike. Creators might use it for sale pitch. I bet it brings more people to the table when they call it soulslike. But from what I've seen so far it's just a challenging metroidvania like Blasphemous, Ender Lilies etc. (hoping for physical release, because I despise digital only stuff) 

Agreed.

Difficulty alone shouldn't make something a soulslike, otherwise classic games were soulslike before it was even a thing. Stuff like stamina bar, death mechanic, no map, enemies resetting when saving, etc make for a soulslike. Just like tons of games have rpg elements now a days, but they are not rpgs because of that. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...