The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2024

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Copanele said:

Congrats!

Unfortunately, you didn't sign up, so that one isn't eligible for the event. I can add you now for the future games if you wish!

Unless you signed up before and I forgot to enlist you on the main page.

I first commented on April 15. Did I miss something?

Anyway it's no big deal.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

6 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

I first commented on April 15. Did I miss something?

Anyway it's no big deal.

Ah no no, I see now. I completely missed that update and I didn't add it to the list (to be fair I didn't count it as a sign-up).

All good by me now :D I just wanted to see that first post!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Never heard of this game (or if I did, I forgot). A game that combines my two favourite genres and is about to lose UR status? I'll declare it too.

TIER 3:

C2dOo04.png

Let me know when you do it and we can boost it. Apparently it's not possible to self boost one of the trophies with a PS5 and PS4 as player rooms don't work between PS5 and PS4.

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

I'm going to claim Hi-Fi Rush now since I think it'll fall out of UR eventually. I might not even get to it this year, though.

Almost close to the 100% with this and I really doubt it will become Very Rare, unless people really go above and beyond to platinum it :lol: 

Not that hard, but considering how many requirements that Wall of Fame has + the DLC...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Almost close to the 100% with this and I really doubt it will become Very Rare, unless people really go above and beyond to platinum it :lol: 

Not that hard, but considering how many requirements that Wall of Fame has + the DLC...

When FF7 Rebirth came out I thought it would be UR for months and now it's almost at 10%, so I figured I'd take the precaution here haha. Since the site doesn't refresh every profile anymore, it's so much harder for games to stay UR.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to claim Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs: The Thrilling Steamy Maze Kiwami (currently at 1.85%) as part of my Tier 3. Not sure how long it'll stay UR given how few people own it and I won't even be starting it for a while due to slacking on Sorcery Saga, so may as well claim it now before a couple other people randomly complete it. :lol:

Edited by Walt the Dog

On 5/9/2024 at 12:43 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Tier 1

1. Slender: The Arrival - (2.19% 💯)
  2. GNpRuW3.png Battlefield 3 - (2.74%/0.89%)
  3. Vessel - (2.67% 💯)
  4. GNpRuW3.png Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 - (3.70%/0.43%)
  5. Outlast - (1.37% 💯)

Tier 2

1. GNpRuW3.png OlliOlli World (PS4) - (1.28%/0.49%) - Q1 BOUNTY
  2. GNpRuW3.png Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (PS5) - (3.16%/1.97%)
  3. GNpRuW3.png Path of Exile - (0.57%) - Q4 BOUNTY
  4. Moto Racer 4
  5. Ziggurat

=====

GNpRuW3.png #384 - Path of Exile (0.57%)

IMG-0381.png

Presenting my first 50 point bounty!

So I’ve actually been interested in Path of Exile for a few years now, but every time I’d look this game up I’d get scared away by the sheer complexity of it all and how overwhelmed I’d feel when I’d start looking into the game and it’s trophies. But after seeing it in the Most Wanted list this year it began to pique my interest once again. I began researching the game back in March and discovered that a new league launch was just a few weeks away, and realized I’d probably never have a better opportunity to just dive in head first. So that’s exactly what I did.

Prior to this, the extent of my experience with ARPGs was pretty much just the 70 hours I spent with Diablo 3, and in comparison Path of Exile is easily the largest and most complicated ARPG on the market. It’s a hardcore game, designed by diehard ARPG fans, and has some really interesting and unique mechanics that set it apart from all the games that inspired it. Unlike titles such as Diablo, PoE is an entirely F2P game, which means that over the past 10+ years of regular content updates it has ballooned into a massive, behemoth of an ARPG and boasts the richest endgame gameplay loop of it’s kind.

Unfortunately, this layered complexity also makes it very difficult for new players to jump in and learn the game from scratch. PoE is by far the most intimidating and complex game I’ve ever tried to get into, and I spent weeks reading about it and watching videos before I even felt like I was ready to pick it up and play. Thankfully, this difficult start is offset by a wonderful community of guide writers and content creators that work very hard to make the tidal wave of information digestible for newcomers and veterans alike.

The hardest part for me was just getting started. The trophies themselves are actually quite reasonable and became more of an afterthought after awhile. You’ve got a handful of trophies for simply playing through the 10 Acts of the campaign (which is basically just a 20 hour tutorial), and then the bulk of the rest will mostly come naturally as you focus on your main task of working your way through the endgame mapping system (“The Atlas”) and it’s quests, and collecting the fragments you will need to access some of the hardest bosses later on. 

After reading/watching PoE material for weeks and deciding on a build, I was initially way too excited to wait for the league start, so I decided to prematurely create a Necromancer solely to work on the trophy for summoning 60+ minions at once. I created a SRS Popcorn build and played this for a couple weeks while familiarizing myself with the mechanics of the game and getting several miscellaneous trophies out of the way. When the new Necropolis League launched on March 29th, I started fresh with my “real” character on a Duellist, and began the work of creating a Toxic Rain Champ for the end game. I picked this build specifically because it was the most noob friendly league-starter I found on the internet, and had been written specifically to eliminate the need to learn & use all the 3rd Party computer programs like PathOfBuilding that most PoE build guides typically rely on. 

The Toxic Rain Champion ended up being a great choice for me. It’s not super strong, and the single-target damage is poor which meant I needed some help with the Uber bosses at the end of my run, but it’s a good all-rounder AOE build that is cheap to gear, handles mapping well, and is more tanky than most classes. This last point ended up being more important than I realized, as the Necropolis League was a bit unusual in the sense the league mechanic was mandatory this time around and couldn’t be opted out of, and this mechanic added a whole new set of haunted mobs and modifiers to your maps increasing the difficulty by quite a lot.

In total the platinum took me 300 hours, and I loved every minute of it. The 6 weeks or so I spent playing PoE was some of the most enjoyable gaming I’ve done in YEARS, and I got so completely immersed in the game that, for the first time since I started trophy hunting 6 years ago, I stopped thinking or caring about trophies entirely. All I wanted to do was play PoE. I got really embedded in the community during my time and met a lot of nice people. I even joined a guild! While I’m thrilled to have the platinum now, I can say with complete honesty that part of me is really sad the journey is over and wishes there was more to do so I have an excuse to keep playing. I’ve been so focused on trophy hunting over these past years that I rarely have time to return to “completed” games for fun after I’ve finished them and moved on, but I can absolutely see myself returning to PoE in the near future to try a new character or try out a new league. Path of Exile 2 is also on the horizon so I will absolutely be checking that out and hopefully adding that platinum to my collection one day too. 

Thanks for including this one in the bounties this year! I’m so glad I gave it a shot. 🙂

YES! Someone else who loved PoE as much as I did even after doing the plat run!😎

This is still one of my favorite games from Ps4 era and one of the only games I do go back and play still after trophies! 

Congrats on the Plat man 👍

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Exstruh said:

YES! Someone else who loved PoE as much as I did even after doing the plat run!😎

This is still one of my favorite games from Ps4 era and one of the only games I do go back and play still after trophies! 

Congrats on the Plat man 👍

Thanks buddy I appreciate the support! Glad to hear I’m not the only one who had that much fun. Cheers. 😄

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 1:23 AM, Kishnabe said:

Joining again this year:

Tier 1 

1. Titan Souls (1.99%) 1% 

2. Tennis World Tour 2 (0.56%) 88%-->100% February 16th 2024

3. Smoots World Cup Tennis (3.45%) 0%

4. Rogue Lords( 4.96%) 0% 

5. Raining Coins (4.05%) 43% 

Swapping Rollerdrome and Weird West for Smooths World Cup Tennis and Rogue Lords.