Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

On 12/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Rebourne07 said:
  • To sign up, just comment below!
    • All you have to say is that you want to join, but you could post some other information if you want to like your starting profile %, backlog related goals for the year and/or games you're planning on doing on your way to Platinum tier on the leaderboards.
    • Here's an EXAMPLE Spreadsheet with Formulas to help track your progress. Make sure to post here to update us every time you earn new points :D

M19rHBp.png

Updated the main post to include a sample of how to track points and an excel sheet with formulas you all can use to simplify tracking.

• Like 2

Sure, current completion is 93.55%. I've gotten it up from around 88% last year. 21 incomplete games, but 8 of them are impossible. So 13 games to try and get through, but couple of those are enormous time sinks (Dead by Daylight @ 1%, Monster Hunter World @ 5%) and I don't own Rock Band 4/peripherals which is the only real barrier for that one... So 7 possible plats, rest is DLC trophies.

Any bonus points for completing all remaining obtainable trophies in a game with unobtainable platinum/DLC?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Count me in. I don't know how people are tracking how many games they've started without just counting them on their list one by one. I'd certainly like my completion % to reach 70% by the end of 2024

I use the PSNP+ script. Let's me filter my trophy list by not completed and shows how many there are total.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Count me in. I don't know how people are tracking how many games they've started without just counting them on their list one by one. I'd certainly like my completion % to reach 70% by the end of 2024

2z78xiD.png

You can either manually subtract your completed games from your games played or filter by Completion (Not 100%) and see it on the left here if you have PSNP+

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

2z78xiD.pngYou can either manually subtract your completed games from your games played or filter by Completion (Not 100%) and see it on the left here if you have PSNP+

Where your list says "Games (190)" mine just says "Games". Going off the Games Played - Completed Games I'm at 161 incomplete games, but I know quite a few of them are unobtainable

I'd like to participate. Long time PSNP lurker, first time actual participant! I'm horrible about starting a game and immediately jumping to a new one, so my backlog is horrendous with 384(Completable) games... Sitting at a pathetic 33.53% completion rate atm. I'm not great at gaming by any means, so there's a few never gonna happens on my list such as a Super Meat Boy(and it's sequel lol), but I think if I could get to 45% by the end of the year I'd personally be happy :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Where your list says "Games (190)" mine just says "Games". Going off the Games Played - Completed Games I'm at 161 incomplete games, but I know quite a few of them are unobtainable

I wish they (SONY) have an alternative method for these unobtainable platinums.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raiichan said:

This activity or event is cool. It urges people to finish their backlogs for a reason. Sometimes, we love to do something just for a reason.
Due God of War Ragnarok: Valhalla DLC, my completion rate percentage went down to 99.33% 😅

Right? I needed some backlog motivation so I looked for an event. Didn’t find one I liked so I made one lol Not sure why but events seem to give more purpose to it and give a sense of working towards goals. Its great :D

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Rebourne07 said:
  • Each platinum or base game 100% you earn is worth: 
    • Difficulty Rating * Time Estimate
  • Each DLC pack completed is worth:
    • Difficulty Rating * Time Estimate * .75
  • For example...if you had Cyberpunk 2077 in your backlog, having started it pre-2024 and then you platinum'd it in 2024 you would earn:
    • VpwAPjD.png
      • Difficulty Rating = 3/10
      • Time Estimate = 85hrs
      • 3 * 85 = 255 points
  • Or say you completed 100% trophies in the Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Banned Footage Vol. 1 DLC pack then you would earn:
    • fGmLEuF.png
      • Difficulty Rating = 7/10
      • Time Estimate = 15hrs
      • DLC so * 0.75
      • 7 * 15 * 0.75 = 78.75 points

PSA for everyone, before we start the event I had a mathematical "duh" moment yesterday when I realized that the scores would be simpler to calculate if I just took out the dividing of time estimate by 100 and multiplied the scores needed for tiers by 100. So the formula for points has been simplified to 

Difficulty Rating * Time Estimate

Additionally, many people pointed out that a higher value for DLC would be much more incentivizing to fully complete games so DLC is worth 0.75 of a regular game instead of 0.5

I'm glad these changes are being made before the event starts to avoid confusion. The EXAMPLE Spreadsheet with Formulas has been updated accordingly. Looking forward to hunting backlogs with you all come January :)

After reaching Platinum tier, for those who are competition minded I'll track the top 10 highest scores and make a Hall of Fame at the end of the year showing the players who best conquered their backlogs :D

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

This event seems tailor made for me!

On 12/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, Rebourne07 said:
  • For a game to count it must have at least one trophy timestamped before January 1st, 2024 and at least one trophy timestamped after January 1st, 2024.
  • For a DLC pack to count, the base game or DLC pack must have at least one trophy timestamped before January 1st, 2024 and the DLC pack must be 100% completed after January 1st, 2024.

Forgive me, as I'm just drinking my coffee, but am I misinterpreting the first bullet point?  As I read it we need to have one trophy timestamped before 1/1/2024 to be eligible, and the game must be completed in the calendar year 2024. 

Currently I'm sitting at 86% completion and 17 open games, all of which are obtainable.  Getting through all 17 this year is unlikely, but if I can get a solid 5-10 done I'd be very pleased.  Those with online (Red Dead Redemption 2 and Death Stranding) are absolute priorities, and then I'll work in what I'm feeling like from there.  Red Dead Redemption (PS4) will show up on the list at a minimum before the New Year as I'll pop a single trophy to make it eligible.  I might do that for at least one more game, but still mulling that one over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I have a question regarding games without guides. If they don't have a guide here but find a guide somewhere else can we use that to calculate points? 

Yes you can, just post the guide here and check real quick cause there's some bogus guides out there, but if its a legit guide (like not a impromptu guide from a forum or some youtube video) then yes you can. And in the case of guides that give ranges you can take the higher end of the range.

3 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

This event seems tailor made for me!

Forgive me, as I'm just drinking my coffee, but am I misinterpreting the first bullet point?  As I read it we need to have one trophy timestamped before 1/1/2024 to be eligible, and the game must be completed in the calendar year 2024. 

Currently I'm sitting at 86% completion and 17 open games, all of which are obtainable.  Getting through all 17 this year is unlikely, but if I can get a solid 5-10 done I'd be very pleased.  Those with online (Red Dead Redemption 2 and Death Stranding) are absolute priorities, and then I'll work in what I'm feeling like from there.  Red Dead Redemption (PS4) will show up on the list at a minimum before the New Year as I'll pop a single trophy to make it eligible.  I might do that for at least one more game, but still mulling that one over.

Yep you read that correctly, each game you want to count must have at least one trophy timestamped before 1/1/2024, and yes you can pop a single trophy for games in December if you want to "pre-load them" for the challenge. That may seem like it gives an advantage to players that see this event in December rather than joining mid year...but not really since it lowers your completion percentage and therefore drops you down the ladder in terms of potential high completion percentage modifiers. The only games that don't count are games you start in 2024 and never had on your account before those, since this is supposed to be a backlog only event. RDR2 will be worth 1,000 points by itself lol That game is huge. Good luck!

Edited by Rebourne07

My Backlog is abit insane. Its because im finding it really hard forcing myself to play something i dont enjoy/feel in the moment. So i end up moving on until i find the game that fits my current mood. I respect people who manage to play even if they dont enjoy (like my cousin who plays COD even tho he hates it)

Also if i buy a game on day one it sometimes takes me weeks or months to actually play it properly cause it just has to feel right (for example GoW i bought on release but ended up finishing the plat 6 months later)

Thats why im a bad trophy hunter (in my opinion) because even doing easy platinums has to feel fun in that moment. 

I do want to finally finish more games of my backlog in 2024 so i guess i will join this Challenge. I wont get anything new for a while so its a good time to finally go for it.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yes you can, just post the guide here and check real quick cause there's some bogus guides out there, but if its a legit guide (like not a impromptu guide from a forum or some youtube video) then yes you can. And in the case of guides that give ranges you can take the higher end of the range.

Yep you read that correctly, each game you want to count must have at least one trophy timestamped before 1/1/2024, and yes you can pop a single trophy for games in December if you want to "pre-load them" for the challenge. That may seem like it gives an advantage to players that see this event in December rather than joining mid year...but not really since it lowers your completion percentage and therefore drops you down the ladder in terms of potential high completion percentage modifiers. The only games that don't count are games you start in 2024 and never had on your account before those, since this is supposed to be a backlog only event. RDR2 will be worth 1,000 points by itself lol That game is huge. Good luck!

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation.

Another question - the account completion percentage modifier can be dynamic, right?  I'm sitting at 86%, if I pop a couple of 1% lists I'm sure that would drop me to below 85%, but I would rather quickly watch my percentage rise as we go through the year.  The bonus would be applied at the time a list is completed, correct?

1 hour ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation.

Another question - the account completion percentage modifier can be dynamic, right?  I'm sitting at 86%, if I pop a couple of 1% lists I'm sure that would drop me to below 85%, but I would rather quickly watch my percentage rise as we go through the year.  The bonus would be applied at the time a list is completed, correct?

Right. The percentage modifiers are applied according to whatever your completion percentage is sitting at at the time of your latest completion. So when adding new games to your profile in december if you wanna maximize points earned on every game you'd wanna make sure that completing your first game in January would have you at least back above 85.00% for that 1.5x multiplier. Or, if you're gonna go ham and add tons of new games, just make sure you don't go below 80.00% for the 1.25x modifier.