Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

Sure, I'll give it a shot.. I've generally never had more than around 65% completion (going by TT's 'only include DLC I own' stat) - so any increase is a win, but if I manage to hit 75% around this time next year I'll be buzzing..

I currently have 102 started games in the backlog, only 1 of which has unobtainables (Killzone 2). I intend on starting 1 more this month (The Crew), but trying not to start any further games next year and excluding myself from a TT bean dive is going to be rough given how many unstarted games I have 😂

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 1

I have quite a few games from my backlog planned for the 2024 difficulty challenge so might as well join this one!

Looking forward to see someone get the platinum tier with only FF XIV 😅

One question: I have two stacks of the same game on my account, first one 100% and the second one with only a few trophies unlocked. I was planning to get the second stack to 100% for the platinum difficulty challenge and to cleanup on my profile as I still play the game regularly. Would auto-popping (partial or complete) the second one count for the challenge?

Edited by Shyjun
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shyjun said:

I have quite a few games from my backlog planned for the 2024 difficulty challenge so might as well join this one!

Looking forward to see someone get the platinum tier with only FF XIV 😅

One question: I have two stacks of the same game on my account, first one 100% and the second one with only a few trophies unlocked. I was planning to get the second stack to 100% for the platinum difficulty challenge and to cleanup on my profile as I still play the game regularly. Would auto-popping (partial or complete) the second one count for the challenge?

Yep, auto pops of any kind count. Completion is completion.

• Like 1

Regarding the poll for DLC modifiers - I'm not really certain what the reasoning would be for anything but having it the same as the base game.  There are many titles out there with DLC packs that are significantly more challenging or perhaps even longer than the base game, and I'm struggling to see why those lists should be inherently worth less than the base list they are attached to. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Regarding the poll for DLC modifiers - I'm not really certain what the reasoning would be for anything but having it the same as the base game.  There are many titles out there with DLC packs that are significantly more challenging or perhaps even longer than the base game, and I'm struggling to see why those lists should be inherently worth less than the base list they are attached to. 

Yeah, that’s a good point. And the voting is so split that I’m leaning that way myself. I’ll adjust things tomorrow. Trying to nail down rules before January 1st.

I was thinking that most people finish the base game, get the plat and then move on planning on coming back later and never doing so, like myself haha + a lot of DLC nowadays include NG+ and other bs. Some are easier and quicker, but they wouldn't net many points anyway, but most are a bit of a slog to get through. I think having it the same as base game or more is the best way to go to entice people to 100% their games. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I think having it the same as base game or more is the best way to go to entice people to 100% their games. 

I agree, if the aim of the challenge is to encourage the 100% completion of Games and DLC then making the value the same is the best way to do that.

• Like 1

This definitely sounds fun!

I've been working on completing GTA:V last month, well I only went for the offline trophies, 'cause the grind and it still ups my profile completion %.

For 2024 I have in mind:

- Hogwarts Legacy

- AC: Valhalla

- AC: Mirage

- Horizon: Forbidden West (already bought and installed, not started yet)

- Ghost of Tsushima (already bought and installed, not started yet)

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (already bought and installed, not started yet)

- Last of Us: Remastered (PS4 edition)

- RDR II (this won't count for the challenge, because I'll only go for the offline trophies (like GTA: V))

- God of War Ragnarök

Do the "already bought and installed, not started yet" even count for this challenge?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VileTung said:

This definitely sounds fun!

I've been working on completing GTA:V last month, well I only went for the offline trophies, 'cause the grind and it still ups my profile completion %.

For 2024 I have in mind:

- Hogwarts Legacy

- AC: Valhalla

- AC: Mirage

- Horizon: Forbidden West (already bought and installed, not started yet)

- Ghost of Tsushima (already bought and installed, not started yet)

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (already bought and installed, not started yet)

- Last of Us: Remastered (PS4 edition)

- RDR II (this won't count for the challenge, because I'll only go for the offline trophies (like GTA: V))

- God of War Ragnarök

Do the "already bought and installed, not started yet" even count for this challenge?

You need one trophy with a 2023 time stamp. Just do 1 trophy before 2024 :)

• Like 1

The points system has been modified per player feedback and extra incentives to do certain types of backlog items has been added. Please review the main post for details. The goal is to iron out all confusion in the rules before January 1st so that after that point the rules are consistent throughout the year. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, CorgiBootyy said:

What would be ruling on Dead By Daylight: "Additional Chapters"? Additional Chapters is DLC, but a separate list on PS4 just because it's too many trophies to fit on one PS4 list. Will I have to earn a trophy in it before new year for it to count?

spacer.png

Yes, all games need to have at least one trophy before 2024 to count. Even edge cases like this one. 

• Like 1

Sign me up, please! My goal for 2024 is to truly tackle my backlog once and for all (and to make sure I complete all events I enter). And, this pairs up nicely with the Attack on Completion challenge too. Plus, the way this event is set up will give me more motivation to return to several games that have been sitting on my profile for over a decade at this point that I still have not gone back to. My AoC challenge percentage goal is 70%. So, we'll see how things go.

• Like 1