Update screws up progress

second_god

So, i started cleaning the fire truck, then had to go to work. When i returned from work i had to install an update. I then continued cleaning the truck and now some items still need cleaning but i can find any more dirt anywhere. Tried spraying the parts all over with metal cleaner and the red nozzle but nothing happens. Also the "action replay" when completing another level isnt working anymore. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?  *sigh* game was working fine before the update, when is an update (for any game) actually going to fix more problems than they cause 😅

Edited by second_god
Typo

Last night I was working on the Golf Course/Amusement Park bonus level and there were multiple sections I could not get past 98% clean in the menu. Tapping the button to show dirt hundreds of times from dozens of angles did not reveal any highlighted dirt whatsoever. It was for the Exit Rocks, the Cave Dragon, and the Eight Hole Floor (the little tiny circle one I believe). I gave up at 75% and went to bed.

just happened to me, I have 80% completed on kids park previously then its crashed at 99% (left 2 things to wash), reboot the game and installed a new update then this park progress reset while there are things(80%) are cleaned up, switched to challenge mode and came back this career mode kids park, it reset everything, so I need go through this damn park again, I purposely turned off autosave due to that many said its less screen freeze/crashing ,PS5 is not optimized as I had 2 crashes whereas I had 0 on PS4 ver, bad ps5 optimization, did the devs care/know?

Yea, i had multiple crashes on the ps5 as well. Sometimes i wanted to press R2 to start cleaning and boink... crash. Think i played 15 hours and had 5+ crashes

2 hours ago, second_god said:

So, i started cleaning the fire truck, then had to go to work. When i returned from work i had to install an update. I then continued cleaning the truck and now some items still need cleaning but i can find any more dirt anywhere. Tried spraying the parts all over with metal cleaner and the red nozzle but nothing happens. Also the "action replay" when completing another level isnt working anymore. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?  *sigh* game was working fine before the update, when is an update (for any game) actually going to fix more problems than they cause 😅

I shutdown the ps5 and restarted the console and game. I went back to the firetruck level and guess what.. all the parts i cleaned before i went to work the first time were dirty again ( all windows, mirrors, lights, handles, wheels, the hose and 1 side of the controll panel...) go figure. Was able to complete it though, so im not complaining

2 hours ago, Xx_Lyndwyn_xX said:

Was at the last level when the update happened and now I can’t get the Career Trophy 🫠 one can only hope that a fix is coming up…and soon

I know it's a bit of a pain to redo a level, but if you click the button to reset the partially cleaned subtasks on the menu tablet, it will in effect reset the level, allowing you to complete it. At least that worked for me.

Everything’s on 100% now - can’t reset anything unfortunately 🥲

33 minutes ago, Summers_day122 said:

I know it's a bit of a pain to redo a level, but if you click the button to reset the partially cleaned subtasks on the menu tablet, it will in effect reset the level, allowing you to complete it. At least that worked for me.

Everything is on 100% now in the menu for all lvls - no option to reset unfortunately 🥲

I had the same issue on the ferries wheel, where I had 99% completion before. As soon as I joined after the update I got the trophy for cleaning 95% without completing tasks, which was a nice buggy shortcut.

Solution:
I found an easy way to complete the level without restarting. All the parts you completed beforehand do count towards completion, it just doesn't show in the menu, and is fully excluded from the percentage. To show what you are missing if it is unclear, select a task in the menu, close the menu and open it back up. If it is no longer selected, it means it is already completed. Keep doing that until you find the tasks that don't unselect.

DO NOT finish the very last level right now. It will likely lock you out from the plat.

Edited by Wyvern321

14 minutes ago, IAmKMaz said:

If anyone figures out how to get the progress back please let me know. I was at 98% on cottage earlier today and now it is at 0%.

I had litterally posted how right above your own post lmao. It isn't actually at 0%, all the tasks you completed before are still completed. The percentage is just out of the tasks you had not completed before, it entirely excludes the tasks you had completed before from the calculation.

Same thing here. I was at the last level yesterday but I was tired so I only cleaned the pedestal on top of the pyramid. When I came back today after the update that one part that I had cleaned yesterday was still clean but completely dirty according to the gauge and the menu. I just exited the game, came back to the level and that part was dirty again, I just had to clean it again.

So I didn't take any chance, I completed the whole level in one sitting (last level is huge, took me 6 hours)

But now the carrer is 100% completed, credits rolled but no trophy. It was the last trophy I needed for the platinum and i doesn't work anymore -_-

14 minutes ago, Wyvern321 said:

I had litterally posted how right above your own post lmao. It isn't actually at 0%, all the tasks you completed before are still completed. The percentage is just out of the tasks you had not completed before, it entirely excludes the tasks you had completed before from the calculation.

I saw your post but when I followed your steps of selecting tasks they all stayed selected despite having done 98% of the level already.

10 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Yeah did it for me in the tree house level, which is probably the most tedious one with all the railings. I just redownloaded my save data and restarted the job. Its fine now. 

So it sounds like redownloading the most recent save data from the cloud is the best thing to do? I've been at work all day but I imagine the update happened for me, I think I'll download and overwrite my save data and hopefully that will prevent any headaches for me.

Yeah i finished the plat last night before the update but i did it with my friend and was going to run it again with him so he can get the plat, But his save at the playground is absolutely ruined saying he's at 4% with no stars and he was at 90% last night and there's nothing left to clean very weird

Oh and the second we started to clean a clean spot it just went back to 0% idk what happened but his save is beyond bugged

Edited by dtb345