RUMOR: God of War Trilogy remaster coming to PS5

kidson2004

This would fucking sucks for me. I bought the entire Greek collection last month on PS3 and it cost me quite a bit because Collections Volume 1 and 2 aren't cheap like Ascension and III
I bought Collection Volume 1 (GoW I and Gow II) , Collection Volume 2 (PSP games) , Ascension and Gow III (which I owned by the guy would only sell the lot) and it cost me 60 euros...

I've only played and platinumed God of War I for the moment, I was surprised that the game has aged quite well.  I can't wait to replay GoW III

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Surprised it is taking so long for them to do this, to be honest. Sony are still sitting on a lot of money with all these IPs/ games still stuck on a console for which there is no native backwards compatibility and I for one welcome the potential for such re-releases.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Conor said:

There's many, many new games that release every single year. Nobody has enough time to play all the ones they're even remotely interested in. If it is getting annoying for you consider the possibility that you might need to look into playing a wider variety of games.

i would like new games from playstation thats the main reason why i bought a playstation new games 

I am so down for this!!

While I absolutely love God of War 2018 & God of War Ragnarok and was pleasantly surprised with how they modernized the series, part of me has always mourned the end of the series hack n slash origins. All of the older GoW games were among my first platinums and I had so much fun with each of them. I would love a chance to replay these and earn the platinums once again on modern systems. I say hell yeah.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Seamndel said:

it's just a matter of bringing cloud to the rest of the world (shouldn't take more than a couple of decades). 

Hahahah, I hope not. Xcloud is available in many more countries than Sony, if a brand as big as Playstation has a cloud service that's the less I'm asking for, but it seems they are busy making who knows what.

5 hours ago, Fallout795 said:

i would like new games from playstation thats the main reason why i bought a playstation new games 

You aren't forced to buy or play a remaster, which is usually handed over to a different developer or a small fraction of the development team.  These don't stop new games from coming out

• Like 3

It's a common mistake...and one I've made myself in the past...that because we get a ton of Remasters these days, people think devs have no time for new games. Which has since proven all these years later, to just not be the case. You look at the ratio of new games to remasters...Remasters are getting pummeled. I can agree that the industry is becoming increasingly full of itself and becoming more anti-consumer by the day (the rumors of Spider-Man 3 being sold in parts and costing $150 makes me sick), and they don't take the risks they once did...but we definitely get more new games year after year than ever before.

3 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

The...the what now?

Yep, it was part of the recent Insomniac/Sony leaks, with Sony saying that game prices need to increase again from $80-$100+, It was highlighted by talking about Spider-Man 3. The basic premise was that Spider-Man 3 Part 1 is expected in 2027 and will cost $50. At the same time a separate Multiplayer component will be sold, also for $50. Then at a later date, Part 2 of the game will release...for $50. So if you wanted the full Spider-Man 3 experience it would cost $150. Then the report also states that by 2029, Sony would release a Complete Edition of the game for $60 (however the hope would be for people to double dip and rebuy the game). So buy it right away for $150...or wait 2 years for the Complete Edition. 

Here's Rich talking about it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Why invest in proper emulators when you can just charge $60 for remasters? 

Hey, I like 4K 60fps as much as the next nerd but PS+ Premium is looking like worse value by every passing day. 

Investing in emulators for them is still one step. They still need to pay for  or renew the rights to any licenses permitting them to sell the games again.

$60? For 3 games would be awesome.  After all, it would be the "20 buck" per game limit a lot of frugal gamers claim to have.

8 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

part of me has always mourned the end of the series hack n slash origins.

All of the older GoW games were among my first platinums and I had so much fun with each of them.

I would love a chance to replay these and earn the platinums once again on modern systems.

Yes, yes, and yes! My thoughts and sentiments exactly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Yep, it was part of the recent Insomniac/Sony leaks, with Sony saying that game prices need to increase again from $80-$100+, It was highlighted by talking about Spider-Man 3. The basic premise was that Spider-Man 3 Part 1 is expected in 2027 and will cost $50. At the same time a separate Multiplayer component will be sold, also for $50. Then at a later date, Part 2 of the game will release...for $50. So if you wanted the full Spider-Man 3 experience it would cost $150. Then the report also states that by 2029, Sony would release a Complete Edition of the game for $60 (however the hope would be for people to double dip and rebuy the game). So buy it right away for $150...or wait 2 years for the Complete Edition.

As with any and all leaks, I would take all of those reports with a massive grain of salt. Even if these topics are being discussed internally right now, we're talking years out now, things are likely to change. New release, triple A games are already well over $100.00 in this part of the world anyway lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Disagree, we SHOULD be making games stuck on PS3 and older available to PS4 and PS5 owners - porting GTA V, Skyrim and TLOU 1/2 every year is what we shouldn't be doing. Remasters on their own are not a bad thing!

agreed. I'm all for remakes or remasters. what I find absolutely idiotic is remasters of games on the same console generation (life is strange, teslagrad)

On 12/24/2023 at 8:10 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

If there doing the trilogy they might as well do all of the original games including the handhelds and Ascension so ALL of the originals

THIS, i mean, if naughty dog was able to create versions without MP of the uncharted games, i bet people would pay cash for playing a new version of Ascension, and yes, also a bundle with all the old school games

• Like 2

This is starting to feel like RE4 and MG all over again, which ended up in getting remakes announced for those games (MGS3 only for now, but I’m betting that if it becomes successful, they’ll make entries for the other two).

Moreover, they already have remade assets from the previous GoW games.

Too many flags for a remake right here.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Personally, the thought of replaying the OG God of War games would not bother me at all, honestly. Never got around to playing Ascension, but I would imagine it and God of War 3 would not be part of this collection (could be wrong), but instead be paired with God of War, God of War 2, Ghost of Sparta, and Chain of Olympus like the PS3 collection did. 

• Like 2