RUMOR: God of War Trilogy remaster coming to PS5

kidson2004

I don't think they'll remaster the 3rd one for obvious reasons, Ascension only needs a remaster since the game still looks great. The other ones though, I can see them making remakes with the og gameplay and level design. Sounds like a cool way to introduce new players to the greek series.

Edited by LorenzoLame
  • Like 1

I really doubt California PlayStation would leave the games intact... but if they left them how they're supposed to be, this would be nice. Other than the fact God of War 3 is already playable on PS5. I'd rather they focus on games NOT playable at all (1/2, PSP games and Ascension). 

59 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Like, from the ground up remakes? Or just slightly enhanced ports of the God of War Collection on PS3 and God of War III Remastered on PS4? We really need to get the remaster/remake dichotomy sorted out...

The trouble is even though it is sorted the words still get used incorrectly. Here is a quick run down though I do have a more detailed description saved on my PC somewhere.

Remake - rebuilt from the ground up while adding in QoL updates and small tweaks, possibly adding in scrapped areas (ex: Dead Space, RE4, Destroy All Humans 1&2, Resident Evil Gamecube)

Remaster - an enhanced port using the original source code with QoL updates (ex: Darksiders Warmastered, Resident Evi)

Re-Imagining - drastic changes to the core gameplay and or story (ex: RE2 & RE3, Wild Arms Alter Code f)

Reboot - New game in a series that attempts to start the series over. (ex: Tomb Raider)

I would guess if they do this it would be a remaster of the remastered games from PS3. Not sure they would remake the games from scratch though you never know. Also would be be the entire Greek series or just 1-3?

• Like 3

Hopefully it isn't true. 

We already have excellent version of 7 of 8 of the games. The Bluepoint Remasters and Ascension are available via streaming, so it's just a matter of bringing cloud to the rest of the world (shouldn't take more than a couple of decades). 

They should at least publish it as a PS4 app, so it could share a Trophy list with the PS3 versions (no need to waste time re-platinuming them to attain 100% series completion). 

GoW Betrayal should get an official Playstation release. That I do admit. 

• Like 1

Played them all so not interested tbh. Let’s make more new games or remaster games that haven’t seen any love. These have already been remastered (every entry in the series up to Accession) and are/should be available on PS5 already in some form or another.