1000 Trophies Per Month since June, 2022

PalaceOfLove706

8 minutes ago, Pelziowo said:

I'm very happy that you stand your ground about this! It's very sad that people are trying to dictate what you should play, and what you should consider an accomplishment, especially from those who don't even understand what it's like to trophy hunt the way that you are. As well as refusing to listen to those which do it.

I think it's great that people can post about their own accomplishments, whether that be a UR, or a trophy count milestone, but the fact that the community shames those that wish to share accomplishments like this, without even understanding what it's like, is insane to me. Some people very much enjoy quantity hunting.

I also can confirm after looking at the OP's profile, he does a lot more than holding down 1 button. I personally hope that you continue this streak, and that others won't be discouraged from posting accomplishments such as this! I suppose at this point I should shame anybody that posts a spiderman or peppa pig plat, because my trophy elitism refuses to acknowledge it as a accomplishment

I don't personally believe this is a bait post, it's just very sad that posts like this always have to turn into a shitshow with this community. Maybe just say congratulations instead of saying how this doesn't meet your ideals, and decide for others that they should feel no sense of accomplishment. Why can't we just be supportive of other hunters, no matter what it is they do...

If anybody actually cares about learning about what quantity hunting is like, Unknown_V2 (Previously ranked #3) has a lot of great videos talking about it on youtube, or you could even DM me if you need help understanding what it's like, and the layers of games people play. Sadly I've learned that trying to make people understand it openly leads you into being a pedophile and crack addict. It's just very hard to sit by and see people get shit on like this for no good reason.

I would like to just say congratulations to the OP, i really hope you continue the streak!

I really appreciate these kind and well-articulated words, capturing a sentiment better than I could muster. Yes, this is what I am talking about. And really, I do these posts because regardless of the toxic vitriol out there (which is just a reflection on the people spewing it, not me), I believe in challenging the status quo predominant narrative, when it is fair and reasonable to do so. Solidarity!

Edited by PalaceOfLove706
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pelziowo said:

I'm very happy that you stand your ground about this! It's very sad that people are trying to dictate what you should play, and what you should consider an accomplishment, especially from those who don't even understand what it's like to trophy hunt the way that you are. As well as refusing to listen to those which do it.

I think it's great that people can post about their own accomplishments, whether that be a UR, or a trophy count milestone, but the fact that the community shames those that wish to share accomplishments like this, without even understanding what it's like, is insane to me. Some people very much enjoy quantity hunting.

I also can confirm after looking at the OP's profile, he does a lot more than holding down 1 button. I personally hope that you continue this streak, and that others won't be discouraged from posting accomplishments such as this! I suppose at this point I should shame anybody that posts a spiderman or peppa pig plat, because my trophy elitism refuses to acknowledge it as a accomplishment

I don't personally believe this is a bait post, it's just very sad that posts like this always have to turn into a shitshow with this community. Maybe just say congratulations instead of saying how this doesn't meet your ideals, and decide for others that they should feel no sense of accomplishment. Why can't we just be supportive of other hunters, no matter what it is they do...

If anybody actually cares about learning about what quantity hunting is like, Unknown_V2 (Previously ranked #3) has a lot of great videos talking about it on youtube, or you could even DM me if you need help understanding what it's like, and the layers of games people play. Sadly I've learned that trying to make people understand it openly leads you into being a pedophile and crack addict. It's just very hard to sit by and see people get shit on like this for no good reason.

I would like to just say congratulations to the OP, i really hope you continue the streak!

There were a lot of replies calling me an addict that is hurting myself. Compare me to the “normal” Call of Duty gamer that plays the same game every year. 

They spend $89.99 on a 200GB game where I can get like 50 shovelware games for that. Shovelware developers can no longer release the same game over and over so I have to actually learn a new game every time. I can probably argue I spent more time getting those 50 plats than the COD gamer did beating the new MW3 campaign. 

What happens next? I move on to the next 50 games while the COD gamer plays multiplayer lobbies full of cheaters and spends god knows what on skins so their weapon looks different. Who’s the real addict? 

My money goes to some small dev team that found a niche who definitely isn’t getting rich selling $1.99 games while the COD gamer gives Microsoft billions of dollars so, again, their weapon looks different. 

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

If these games were worth zero points on a leaderboard, would you still have done this?

Why ask a redundant question? Achievements are simply a part of today's generation of games, and is the very reason many are brought to this site.

As I've said, I do enjoy the challenge or sense of accomplishment many of these games bring, whether that be in their quantity or quality, or both. And I am a trophy hunter. I don't think I'd play most PlayStation that don't have achievements, although on the ps3, I did play a lot of Super Puzzle Fighter and the original Crash Racing (no achievements).

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

And this is why leaderboards are completely meaningless and should be disbanded.  I have a question for the OP and for all the profile-boostin', leaderboard-chasin', HAKOOM-wannabe, trophy whores.  If leaderboards didn't exist, would you bother with this shovelware?  I know one thing for certain.  If trophies/achievements didn't exist, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  I guess at the end of the day, for whatever reason, it makes you happy and gives you some sort of sense of satisfaction (which I will never understand) and it's not harming you or anyone else so....🤷‍♂️ Hey!  Whatever, brah!  Vaya con Dios. 🙏 You do you.  

I mostly used them to get up to particular milestones because I wanted specific games displayed on my profile but now I've accomplished that I doubt I'll play many of them anymote.

17 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Why ask a redundant question? Achievements are simply a part of today's generation of games, and is the very reason many are brought to this site.

As I've said, I do enjoy the challenge or sense of accomplishment many of these games bring, whether that be in their quantity or quality, or both. And I am a trophy hunter. I don't think I'd play most PlayStation that don't have achievements, although on the ps3, I did play a lot of Super Puzzle Fighter and the original Crash Racing (no achievements).

The reason I ask is to verify that the reason someone would pursue the path you took is solely because of the leaderboards. Because shovelware titles are the most efficient way to climb the rankings, you, and many others, actively purchase these titles, and without a leaderboard, or if the rules were changed to exclude these titles, gamers would not purchase them, and would instead, play actual games.

I do respect the level of dedication you have, as submitting yourself to these games on such a ridiculous level for over a year takes the patience of a saint. I don't agree with it, but can respect the dedication.

The people I have talked to who climbed the ranks using shovelware and retired, all said they regretted it because it ruined their favorite hobby/pastime, which is why I strongly advocate for more leaderboard options.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

The reason I ask is to verify that the reason someone would pursue the path you took is solely because of the leaderboards. Because shovelware titles are the most efficient way to climb the rankings, you, and many others, actively purchase these titles, and without a leaderboard, or if the rules were changed to exclude these titles, gamers would not purchase them, and would instead, play actual games.

I do respect the level of dedication you have, as submitting yourself to these games on such a ridiculous level for over a year takes the patience of a saint. I don't agree with it, but can respect the dedication.

The people I have talked to who climbed the ranks using shovelware and retired, all said they regretted it because it ruined their favorite hobby/pastime, which is why I strongly advocate for more leaderboard options.

I’ve done a lot of Final Fantasy games like you and will do more. Check it out on my profile. There’s more to me than shovelware. 

2 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I’ve done a lot of Final Fantasy games like you and will do more. Check it out on my profile. There’s more to me than shovelware. 

I'm sure you have played other games, but that's irrelevant to what I am saying. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you the exact % of shovelware games on your profile, but let's just say 80% of the games on your profile are shovelware, and you do it because of the leaderboard. That represents a problem caused by the current leaderboard.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

My goal is to have the top non-region stacking profile in Canada. Absolutely Shovelware has helped with that goal. 

Shovelware is different now than it was. They can’t release the same game over and over again. I’m sure a bunch of players stopped when that change happened. 

I don’t think you could remove games from the leaderboard without upsetting a lot of players. Sony caps your rank at 999 and those leaderboards are the only way to see your true rank after you reach 999. Whether you like it or not those shovelware are games I played and I deserve to have my rank reflect it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My goal is to have the top non-region stacking profile in Canada. Absolutely Shovelware has helped with that goal. 

Shovelware is different now than it was. They can’t release the same game over and over again. I’m sure a bunch of players stopped when that change happened. 

I don’t think you could remove games from the leaderboard without upsetting a lot of players. Sony caps your rank at 999 and those leaderboards are the only way to see your true rank after you reach 999. Whether you like it or not those shovelware are games I played and I deserve to have my rank reflect it. 

That's a fine goal, and it is impossible without using shovelware because they have dwarfed the number of actual trophy lists on PSN. I think they represent over 70% of all trophy lists on PSN.

Similarly, whether you like it or not, it is irrelevant to my point. You are doing this for the sake of the leaderboard. If the leaderboards did not reflect shovelware, it would significantly reduce the number of people playing these titles.

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

That's a fine goal, and it is impossible without using shovelware because they have dwarfed the number of actual trophy lists on PSN. I think they represent over 70% of all trophy lists on PSN.

Similarly, whether you like it or not, it is irrelevant to my point. You are doing this for the sake of the leaderboard. If the leaderboards did not reflect shovelware, it would significantly reduce the number of people playing these titles.

Shovelware doesn’t make up 70% of all the games released. 2 years ago there were a handful of developers releasing the same game almost daily but that has stopped. I play every genre of game and to allude I play only shovelware is nonsense. 

If Rocket Car didn’t have trophies would I have spent more than 50 hours playing that shit game? Of course not. Obviously the leaderboards would be different if easy trophies didn’t exist. 

9 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Shovelware doesn’t make up 70% of all the games released. 2 years ago there were a handful of developers releasing the same game almost daily but that has stopped. I play every genre of game and to allude I play only shovelware is nonsense. 

If Rocket Car didn’t have trophies would I have spent more than 50 hours playing that shit game? Of course not. Obviously the leaderboards would be different if easy trophies didn’t exist. 

How is it nonsense if 80% of your profile is shovelware? I'm not saying you or others play shovelware exclusively, but what I am saying is you are playing them the majority of the time for the sake of the leaderboard. Thus if the leaderboards were changed, your gaming habits would be radically different.

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

How is it nonsense if 80% of your profile is shovelware? I'm not saying you or others play shovelware exclusively, but what I am saying is you are playing them the majority of the time for the sake of the leaderboard. Thus if the leaderboards were changed, your gaming habits would be radically different.

Here’s the reality though: they’re not. Is it worth living in the past? Decisions were made. People were affected, positively and negatively. It is what it is. And some of us are having fun.

12 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I don’t play shovelware the majority of my gaming time. The majority of my gaming time is spent playing games that don’t pop trophies every session so they don’t show up at the top of my profile. If easy trophies didn’t exist, obviously I would have less of them on my profile. 

• Confused 5

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I was interested in this, so I had a quick look at your profile.

I'm - I should be clear - not in the business of doing that generally. I don't usually check anyones profile I'm talking to as a matter of course, and I certainly don't make unsolicited comments about peoples profiles, but in this case, you are actively requesting people do so, so I feel okay about it.

I will grant you that yes, you do play games of all genres...

... but I do think you need to accept that shovelware is going to be the only thing anyone really notices on it - because while it might feel like you mix things up to you, the reality is that shovelware makes up an astonishingly high proportion of your list.

The idea that you are mixing shovelware in with "real" games - if you really still believe that - is, at this point, self-delusion.

You aren't really doing that - at least, not anymore - what you're doing, is occasionally peppering the shovelware with the odd real game.

I myself also play pretty much all genres, and am not at all snobbish or elitist about the games I play - and to be honest, am quite often accused of "playing EZPZ games" by the more militant or wannabe elitists out there.

I don't think that's true...

...but I will admit, I don't care if a game is common-as-muck or rare -as-diamond, I just play pretty much anything that appeals to me.

As such, I have a pretty wide spectrum of platinum rarities - from UR, to very, VERY common.

Let's take an arbitrary rarity for the sake of context - 80%.

(Note - I'm not saying that there aren't good, "real" games with rarities above 80% - there demonstrably are - but I think we can all agree that while not every game above 80% rarity is a shovelware, all shovelware IS above 80%... and with as many shovelware lists as there are, they do make up an overwhelming percentage of that commonality bracket, by sheer volume.)

I - a person who doesn't care about rarity at all, have 609 platinums, with 43 of them above 80% rarity:

i.e. about 7% of my platinums are above 80%.

You have 2101 platinums, with 1855 of them above 80% rarity:

i.e. about 88% of your platinums are above 80%.

Do you really imagine, given that massive proportion, that anyone can be blamed for seeing Shovelware as the overwhelming factor on your profile?

Surely not...

...because the fact of the matter is, that IS the case.

As I said before - I don't care.

If that brings you joy, then go with God - this is a hobby, and having fun, however we find it, is what this is all for...

...but I do think there is something clearly amiss, given that you are so adamantly striving to emphasise that "shovelware is not all you play"...

...when that is clearly not the case.

Diablo 4

Streets of Rage 4

EDF 4.1

Rocket Car

Petoons Party (Trying to obtain a glitched trophy)

Those were my top games played for 2023 and made up 39% of my gaming time. I doubt any of those games are an 80% completion. While I might spend a few hours a week playing shovelware, the majority of my time is not playing it. 

• Like 1

Diablo 4

Streets of Rage 4

EDF 4.1

Rocket Car

Petoons Party (Trying to obtain a glitched trophy)

Those were my top games played for 2023 and made up 39% of my gaming time. I doubt any of those games are an 80% completion. While I might spend a few hours a week playing shovelware, the majority of my time is not playing it. 

That’s as may be…

…I mean, my most played games are almost always Tetris and Hitman, despite all trophies being finished long ago…

…but that’s not something that has any bearing on my profile.

Obviously no shovelware game would ever make it into a “most played” list, as they take longer to purchase and download than to finish - but this site tracks trophies, not time played, and the vast, vast majority of your trophies came from the 61% of your gaming time spent on other pursuits…

…like the 1000-trophies-per-month delivery software.

I’d also wager good money that - if all the shovelware was combined into a single game - that it likely would be your no.1 most played, as all those 7-minute bites do likely add up to a hell of a proportion of the overall banquet!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That’s as may be…

…I mean, my most played games are almost always Tetris and Hitman, despite all trophies being finished long ago…

…but that’s not something that has any bearing on my profile.

Obviously no shovelware game would ever make it into a “most played” list, as they take longer to purchase and download than to finish - but this site tracks trophies, not time played, and the vast, vast majority of your trophies came from the 61% of your gaming time spent on other pursuits…

…like the 1000-trophies-per-month delivery software.

I’d also wager good money that - if all the shovelware was combined into a single game - that it likely would be your no.1 most played, as all those 7-minute bites do likely add up to a hell of a proportion of the overall banquet!

You’re trying to say the number of trophies I earn equates to how much time I spend playing games which isn’t true. The majority of my time spent playing games is on games that don’t earn me trophies every session. 5 games alone are almost 40%. 

You’re also looking at my total trophies. The majority of my shovelware came from the clickers which are done now. Thigames and webnetic have to release different games now but adding up all those clickers would probably be an hour total playtime. I put almost 400 into the EDF 4.1 plat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No, I’m saying the number of trophies you earn equates to the number of trophies you earn.

You are bringing in “amount of time played” as a secondary argument - and I’m pointing out that it is entirely irrelevant, because the whole “the number of trophies I earn doesn’t reflect the time I played” argument, while true, affects EVERYONE.

Every user of this site has the same discrepancy, and it is therefore not of any value in arguing one way or the other. Everyone else has exactly the same discrepancy… but you still have a massively disproportionate number of shovelware platinums as compared to them.

Therefore, saying “I spend more time on real games” feels like some kind of false personal justification- because for most people occupying the site you chose to brag about it on, the idea of spending ANY of their gaming time on the shovelware side is anathema to what the hobby is meant to be about.

Put another way:

If someone ate Big Macs for 88% of their meals - that’s fine.

It’s their choice, and their money and health.

BUT…if they do that, then they shouldn’t expect people to pat them on the back for it - particularly on a forum about food…

…and they certainly shouldn’t bristle against people saying that “all they eat is fastfood”, by going “I eat Steak sometimes!

You wanted to wager that shovelware would be my most played game and I’m glad you now see you lost the wager. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, hore said:

What's your issue with region stacks?

I don’t want to create a fraud account in another region just so I can spend additional time and money playing the same game I probably already did twice. I have no problem with people who do but I’m not going to try and compete with them. It’s a losing battle.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s okay - I know that any arguing you do with me will be this kind of silly ad hominem response.

I don’t really expect a genuine back and forth, and don’t get riled up by trolling or baiting, as I still find the process of the discussion fun, even without good faith on both sides.

As I’ve said from the beginning - if you enjoy it, I’m glad - but I do think that if there is a genuine kernel of truth to your responses to others here, you should really consider whether you are actually enjoying it…

…because when someone really is enjoying something, that is the only justification they would need - not all these “I play real games too” type statements.

Like I’ve told others, I have a goal and I have to earn easy trophies to achieve it. I get a good laugh out of people accusing me that I am an addict that is hurting himself. 

• Haha 3

I'm happy for you for achieving your goal.

Personally, I could never play this much shovelware. I would lose my mind from boredom and wouldn't want to spend all that money. Whatever makes you happy though.

• Like 1