1000 Trophies Per Month since June, 2022

PalaceOfLove706

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s okay - I know that any arguing you do with me will be this kind of silly ad hominem response.

I don’t really expect a genuine back and forth, and don’t get riled up by trolling or baiting, as I still find the process of the discussion fun, even without good faith on both sides.

As I’ve said from the beginning - if you enjoy it, I’m glad - but I do think that if there is a genuine kernel of truth to your responses to others here, you should really consider whether you are actually enjoying it…

…because when someone really is enjoying something, that is the only justification they would need - not all these “I play real games too” type statements.

PS: You don’t argue logically. You argue paternalistically (italics not needed).

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:44 PM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

If the other players didn’t play shovelware, I probably wouldn’t either.

So you basically admit that you play games you're not even interested in, just to keep your numbers growing. Ultimately I don't care what you do, but imagine all the great, truly interesting games you could have invested your time into.

• Like 1

I would say that’s impressive. But it’s not. 

I have played my fair share of buy for a platinum games. But it’s a bit overcrowded in the so store at the moment with these cheap shovelware and pay for platinum games. 

I hope you enjoy your journey, that’s what it’s all about. Take a look at my profile and you will see a vast variety of games with almost everything except (souls-like games - not my cup of tea) 

happy trophy hunting 🏆️ 

Edited by FocusDR
Spelling mistake

5 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

So you basically admit that you play games you're not even interested in, just to keep your numbers growing. Ultimately I don't care what you do, but imagine all the great, truly interesting games you could have invested your time into.

Like there are millions of people who only play one game like Fortnite or COD. Think of all the truly interesting games they’re missing out on. I’m sure you’ve missed plenty as well. I’m not unique. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Like there are millions of people who only play one game like Fortnite or COD. Think of all the truly interesting games they’re missing out on. I’m sure you’ve missed plenty as well. I’m not unique. 

They didn't create this thread to troll bait people though. I will certainly be careful in the future when you post something I know you don't care about me but dude I wouldn't trust anything you type.

• Like 1

1000 trophies a month is certainly a lot. I wouldn't call it easy. I only hope you take some time to appreciate the work and enjoy the journey. I rushed through Samurai Maiden 'cause it was easy to do it but I regret not stretching it out more.

There are plenty of "real" games I find about as exciting and lovely as digging a grave e.g. the Souls-borne series.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:30 PM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

A little gaming goal this account has had since mid-2022 — earn at least 1000 trophies every month.

It got a little dicey this month with a slower market to open the New Year, but now I am poised to hit the 1k trophy mark for January, 2024, thus continuing the streak.

Having this goal has kept me focused and also made me a better researcher looking for doable, efficient platinums, all the while doing the longer games I enjoy when I have time.

Just thought I’d share this personal accomplishment with the trophy community, who in their vibrant diversity of perspectives, may or may not care, respectively. 

1000 trophies per month? I only get to 30/40 when it's a good month and I can play a lot.

I can't say I have any respect whatsoever for easy 1 minute platinums, in fact, I despise them and I wish they did not exist. It is essentially a legal way to pay for trophies. However I do respect a person having a goal and seeing it through, so a big well done on that front! I do not like your trophies, but I like your achievement. Props. 
The only issue with your achievement is, literally anyone can do it, most just do not have the time or money to do so, so do not. The achievement in itself is not even remotely impressive. Your dedication and expendable income is, however. 

Edited by dfyd
  • Like 3

This all reads like someone proudly showing off that they watched 1,000 movies in a month. However, most of them are irrelevant short films that lasted 60 or so seconds each. Bizarre. 

It's your money and free time though, so whatever makes you happy, but yes, this really isn't the applause-worthy accomplishment I think you were hoping it would be welcomed as. I personally find nothing remotely appealing or impressive about those shovelware titles. I tried some a couple years back and it felt cheap, painfully boring, and a huge waste of money. But hey, you do you.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

You're missing my point spectacularly. It's about investing your time in something you enjoy. You will never hear those people say "If I could I wouldn’t play COD/Fortnite, I would play something else". Because this makes no sense.

By the way I'm gonna apply this very same principle to myself immediately and stop arguing with you. That's an extremely poor use of my time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trampgav said:

So we have learned that everyone values trophies differently. Some value quantity, some value UR, some value difficulty, some value times. Most important thing for everyone to remember- nobody gives a flying shite about your trophies or your opinions. According to the comments we’re all snobs, gatekeepers, time wasters, money pits, ignorant, arrogant, we take it too seriously, we don’t take it  seriously enough. It’s like my grandma always says ‘if you don’t have anything nice to say then go fuck yourself and remember nobody cares about your trophies or your opinions on trophies except you so do what you want’. 

This!

So when you reach your goal, then what? Are you gonna retire from shovelware and immediately lose your 1st place? Meaning, all this time and money was spent only to be 'canadian champion of no stacking trophy whoring' for a few days at best.

Or are you gonna defend your title, being forced to play shovelware for ever and ever and ever?

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Let's take an arbitrary rarity for the sake of context - 80%.

(Note - I'm not saying that there aren't good, "real" games with rarities above 80% - there demonstrably are - but I think we can all agree that while not every game above 80% rarity is a shovelware, all shovelware IS above 80%... and with as many shovelware lists as there are, they do make up an overwhelming percentage of that commonality bracket, by sheer volume.)

I - a person who doesn't care about rarity at all, have 609 platinums, with 43 of them above 80% rarity:

i.e. about 7% of my platinums are above 80%.

You have 2101 platinums, with 1855 of them above 80% rarity:

i.e. about 88% of your platinums are above 80%.

Out of curiosity, I decided to do this for myself and it came out to 308 plats above 80% rarity out of 891 total plats, giving me a percentage of ~34.6%. Not terribly surprised at my result considering that while I don't play too many shovelware and other EZPZ targets now (discounting EZPZ URs, of course :lol:), I kept it up for a good while due to my habits back on the Xbox 360 (being at the right age to play kids' games back then was a hell of a gateway to the achievement/trophy whore lifestyle). Not entirely sure when I stopped near-entirely outside of the occasional burst for a trophy event on another site (mainly March 2020, December 2020, and especially October 2021 where I even dabbled in the Breakthrough games a bit), but AFAIK, it was sometime after the March 2020 burst. I have played the odd EZPZ here or there just due to it either having easy trophies for an off-PSNP event that would be significantly harder/more tedious otherwise or some of it being in my backlog (and as it stands, I'm gonna have to get through a decent chunk of Gamizumi/Rata VNs at some point since I bought quite a few of them prepping for the next trophy spam event only for the glut of trophy apps to make such a concept even more absurd than the last one I was in), but I'm glad I've more or less just moved on to UR hunting and backlog clearing instead. Gives me more joy out of the hobby and it feels nice seeing stuff I either care about or at least had to actually invest time into when I look at my profile.

Edited by Walt the Dog

11 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

No one else is doing what you're doing.

What 'bout Percy?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:30 AM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

A little gaming goal this account has had since mid-2022 — earn at least 1000 trophies every month.

It got a little dicey this month with a slower market to open the New Year, but now I am poised to hit the 1k trophy mark for January, 2024, thus continuing the streak.

Having this goal has kept me focused and also made me a better researcher looking for doable, efficient platinums, all the while doing the longer games I enjoy when I have time.

Just thought I’d share this personal accomplishment with the trophy community, who in their vibrant diversity of perspectives, may or may not care, respectively. 

Thats a lot of trophies, congrats on the goal, because even if its "shovelware", its time and cash spent towards the goal you have.

• Haha 1