1000 Trophies Per Month since June, 2022

PalaceOfLove706

Well, if you have the pocket change for the hundreds of trophy dispenser apps that have crept into the PlayStation store to satiate such pleasures, I wish you a good time on your very healthy journey!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fbdbh said:

Well, if you have the pocket change for the hundreds of trophy dispenser apps that have crept into the PlayStation store to satiate such pleasures, I wish you a good time on your very healthy journey!

Who said one can’t work as hard in their career as they do in video games? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

Good for you for achieving what you want but it just seems like a massive waste of time and money when you could have put that energy into playing decent games you can enjoy, anyone would be capable of this if all they did was play shovelware.

People are allowed to play and do whatever they want, that's purely my take on it.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Question: So how do you explain then the UR achievements sitting in my Trophy Cabinet? I’ve played well over 2000 games and it’s far from just shovelware. I’ve tried just about any game, if I like it, I play it, if not, I move on. Take a deeper look then your superficial take. I enjoy “quicker” plats so it’s no waste of time and money. 

• Like 1

Since 2020 I've earned at least 100 trophies a month and I'm making a conscious effort to stop that this year (I think I'm at 50 so far this January) because I'm running out of games to maintain the streak, because it's spoiling my enjoyment of just playing a game from start to finish and because I had started having dreams about missing a month. 

Fair play to anyone being able to do this and enjoying it but the pure numbers highlight the terrible state of trophies as a concept imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stpatty said:

Since 2020 I've earned at least 100 trophies a month and I'm making a conscious effort to stop that this year (I think I'm at 50 so far this January) because I'm running out of games to maintain the streak, because it's spoiling my enjoyment of just playing a game from start to finish and because I had started having dreams about missing a month. 

Fair play to anyone being able to do this and enjoying it but the pure numbers highlight the terrible state of trophies as a concept imo.

Congrats on both your streak and self-care. If it ever affected my mental health or sleep, I’d stop. But I’m doing quite well and trophy hunting is a hobby I still enjoy. Clearly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Question: So how do you explain then the UR achievements sitting in my Trophy Cabinet? I’ve played well over 2000 games and it’s far from just shovelware. I’ve tried just about any game, if I like it, I play it, if not, I move on. Take a deeper look then your superficial take. I enjoy “quicker” plats so it’s no waste of time and money. 

You don’t need to explain yourself, we’re all just here for an endorphin rush. Personally, I’d argue someone grinding out 100 hours or so in Honkai Starrail is on way shakier ground in terms of “time well spent” than you getting 200-300 platinum pop rushes in that same timeframe.

My NBA 2K24 platinum will probably end up taking me 300 hours and I may have stopped enjoying that game about 100 hours ago… It’s madness.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

You don’t need to explain yourself, we’re all just here for an endorphin rush. Personally, I’d argue someone grinding out 100 hours or so in Honkai Starrail is on way shakier ground in terms of “time well spent” than you getting 200-300 platinum pop rushes in that same timeframe.

My NBA 2K24 platinum will probably end up taking me 300 hours and I’m sure I stopped enjoying that game about 100 hours ago… It’s a madness.

EDF 4.1 took me nearly 400 hours, with couch co-op help. The team dynamic made it fun, and I found the challenge gave me a rush. But there was pain too haha

8 minutes ago, samunrizthym said:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsii8e

you hunt like these guys are fishing

Question: Who honestly is going to click your sketchy link?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

EDF 4.1 took me nearly 400 hours, with couch co-op help. The team dynamic made it fun, and I found the challenge gave me a rush. But there was pain too haha

Question: Who honestly is going to click your sketchy link?

I did, and that shit was hilarious...and fitting.

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

Looking at the timestamps you earned 37 UR from 2022 onwards and and 48 vary rare, along with maybe 20ish actual games which were 90% dropped to due to the fact that they were't quick enough to plat. Saying it's far from shovelware is an overstatement when the majority is but that's what you like to play to achieve your goal, not particularly sure why you posted this if you couldn't handle different takes on the subject.

I'm not quite sure how you see playing a game which someone enjoys on the same level as wasting time and money on ones they don't and purely want the numbers of trophies to go up, if you think quantity is more important than quality that's down to you.

I also put 600+ hours into Destiny 2 and even 1500+ on Nioh, many of my friends have 5000+ hours on a game as that's all they play. For me, enjoying something is far more important than forcing yourself to do something for validation but the OP said it's their goal and if they don't see it as a waste then good for them for sticking with it. Different takes on the subject.

Two points: Indeed I can take the different takes, but I am welcome to debate them in my own thread within the rules and parameters of the forums.

Second, your statistical sweep misses important information. EDF 4.1 and Dungeon Defenders Awakened literally took me many years to do, playing them constantly, local coop and online. That’s why the number is low. I was playing a game ALL THE TIME that isn’t shovelware, while also playing quicker platinums. Look at my trophy stamps and you’re neglect will show.

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I did, and that shit was hilarious...and fitting.

EDF or clicking the sketchy link? One I would congratulate you on, the other not so much. Take your guess.

• Like 1

No matter the way you look at it, a 1000 Trophy a month streak since June 2022 is a nice accomplishment. I wish I had more time to play each month, but I don't.

Since it can take a lot of time to just unlock a bronze Trophy (yes, I meant you, GRID Autosport), it's nice to mix it up with easier games.

I haven't fully checked your gameslist, but there are several games that are easy to complete (high %), don't take a lot of time and are perhaps more enjoyable than some stuff on your list. Maybe you can check out The Artful Escape, A Memoir Blue, Hoa, Omno or Behind the Frame. There may be more, but I will leave some room for the other people in here. 😉

29 minutes ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

Looking at the timestamps you earned 37 UR from 2022 onwards and and 48 vary rare, along with maybe 20ish actual games which were 90% dropped to due to the fact that they were't quick enough to plat. Saying it's far from shovelware is an overstatement when the majority is but that's what you like to play to achieve your goal, not particularly sure why you posted this if you couldn't handle different takes on the subject.

I'm not quite sure how you see playing a game which someone enjoys on the same level as wasting time and money on ones they don't and purely want the numbers of trophies to go up, if you think quantity is more important than quality that's down to you.

I also put 600+ hours into Destiny 2 and even 1500+ on Nioh, many of my friends have 5000+ hours on a game as that's all they play. For me, enjoying something is far more important than forcing yourself to do something for validation but the OP said it's their goal and if they don't see it as a waste then good for them for sticking with it. Different takes on the subject.

How much time did you waste checking his time stamps? If it was more than five seconds I would call that a huge waste of time. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

He said check so I checked, not sure what the point of your comment is when it's nothing constructive. It's a bit mad how people can't have a different outlook on things and have a mutual agreement people are different, instead get upset and focused on attacking said person for their opinion.

Picking apart someone's trophy list is probably the lamest thing people do here. Saying the shovelware is a waste of time while also wasting time checking on them. 

Whatever, we've both wasted enough with these comments, lol

• Haha 4