1000 Trophies Per Month since June, 2022

PalaceOfLove706

This has to be bait, there's no way. The community response is about as well as you'd think! Regardless of what people's opinions on shovelware is. OP had to know this would be a garbage fire of a thread. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lion_Squid said:

What? It's rated 9/10 in the guide and nearly 7,000 people on PSNP bought it.

7,041* (EU stack) + 6,390* (NA stack) = 13,431**

* Stats as displayed on January 20/21, 2024.

** Number of John Wick: Hex worldwide title owners permitted on the PSNProfiles leaderboards, assuming no PSN account has both regional stacks on their trophy profile and no accounts have played this game from another user on their PS4/PS5 who has purchased the game and has that console set as their primary.

• Like 2

I’m honestly interested how you have the time/money for this 

I work 40 hours weeks and as my work time has gone up my gaming time has gone down to the point I’ve got a massive backlog of big releases I need to get around to playing at some point 

Like a dragon infinite wealth is out next week and that’ll be probably take me weeks to just finish let alone go for the platinum 

Then there’s the cost, I know most of those 10 minutes or less platinums are only a few dollars but still that’s going to add up over time to a huge amount, hopefully this isn’t being paid for by a family member or loved one 

At the end of the day though if you are happy, healthy and can afford it, then while I wouldn’t do it I don’t see why you shouldn’t

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Did anybody else see the title and come in here just to see how badly this guy got massacred in the comments lol

I damn near broke my neck running to the comments 😂

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

I work 40 hours weeks and as my work time has gone up my gaming time has gone down to the point I’ve got a massive backlog of big releases I need to get around to playing at some point 

Like a dragon infinite wealth is out next week and that’ll be probably take me weeks to just finish let alone go for the platinum 

Then there’s the cost, I know most of those 10 minutes or less platinums are only a few dollars but still that’s going to add up over time to a huge amount, hopefully this isn’t being paid for by a family member or loved one 

At the end of the day though if you are happy, healthy and can afford it, then while I wouldn’t do it I don’t see why you shouldn’t

Trophy hunting is very expensive in regards to both time and money. So, I think it's fair to assume the overwhelming majority of people doing this (both shovelware hunters and general game/trophy collectors) have some degree of disposable income. Especially in recent years with Bidenomics, this hobby is anything but cheap.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lion_Squid said:

What? It's rated 9/10 in the guide and nearly 7,000 people on PSNP bought it.

Ohhhhh shit. You right. My point is it ain’t difficult so the UR doesn’t necessarily mean difficult. And guides are super subjective it’s maybe a 4/10 just have some RNG elements.

2 hours ago, Dry said:

7,041* (EU stack) + 6,390* (NA stack) = 13,431**

* Stats as displayed on January 20/21, 2024.

** Number of John Wick: Hex worldwide title owners permitted on the PSNProfiles leaderboards, assuming no PSN account has both regional stacks on their trophy profile and no accounts have played this game from another user on their PS4/PS5 who has purchased the game and has that console set as their primary.

Damn you didn’t have to pull the numbers like that. 😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

I saw a TikTok recently where a gamer was showing that he had dropped almost $20,000 on Madden Ultimate Team. Where do people get the time and money to give billions in micro transactions to their favourite publishers? Throwing a couple bucks to a shovelware developer isn’t breaking my bank and it keeps me in line with the other players on the leaderboard. Sure it adds up over time but the idea that I’m somehow hurting myself or my family is nonsense. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I’d just like to point out UR plats aren’t indicative on difficulty as I just recently had one: John Wick Hex. In my case no one bought the game. 

doesn't the guide rate it at 9/10?

Oh looks like you answered this already.

Edited by Vern3r0z

On 1/20/2024 at 1:18 PM, DEI2EK said:

And here I’m happy with getting 100 trophies a month

Sometimes I don't even get 100 trophies a month. In fact, only earned like 20 something this month so far, and I'm okay with that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aceman131 said:

Trophy hunting is very expensive in regards to both time and money. So, I think it's fair to assume the overwhelming majority of people doing this (both shovelware hunters and general game/trophy collectors) have some degree of disposable income. Especially in recent years with Bidenomics, this hobby is anything but cheap.

I'd actually say trophy hunting is much cheaper nowadays than in the past. I subbed to PS Premium in November 2022 (Black Friday deal) and since then I've played 50 games (if my count is right). There are also always sales where you can buy a lot of great titles for under $10. The only time I ever spend money on gaming is when there are new releases I'm interested in or DLC.

• Like 4

Eh. I guess I do sometimes find myself looking at that stat. As of late I have because I’ve earned about 150 the last few months (already hit it this month I believe).

But at the same time I’ll probably drop off next month because I really don’t care and I don’t want to burn myself out from the enjoyment of collecting. We will see though. Sometimes I think this thought, but end up feeling “hyped” enough to keep going.

As for 1000 a month, astronomically way too high. Of course shovelware and other fast to finish games will make that easier. Not one to judge on what you play, because I also have a few I’ve tried and did enjoy. I do want to give a soft reminder to always stop if it takes a toll on your mental health. 

20 minutes ago, Octopetalum said:

cognitive dissonance is the plague of the trophy hunting community

op, just taking one look at your profile, we can see that the vast majority of completed games are the lowest common denominator shovelware titles (with cross-buy stacks); ones that can take less than 10 minutes to get the platinum in. how you see this as an accomplishment, let alone one worth posting about on the forums is crazy to me... not to mention certain people in this thread justifying this with the "play what you want" platitude or whataboutism

idc if i get backlash for what i'm saying; your trophy count is meaningless if most of it comes from inflation by skipping through visual novels or borderline "press x to platinum" titles

I’ve said this before on many other threads: Many platinums that are quick are still difficult, especially the platformers, one-button games, etc. Of course, you’d have to do them to know. But most people trash talking actually don’t know. Many of the fast completions I have come as fastest achievers (top 10ish). Another thing to consider.

Edited by PalaceOfLove706
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want to complete a bunch of low-effort games because you enjoy how playing those games makes you feel when you get a quick plat that is fine.

However, maybe don't make flex posts that seem to be attempts at humble brags when everything you are bragging about is not some amazing feat.

It's clear the topic creator wanted fast praise for his 'hard work' the fact that they are trying to defend the difficulty of the games speaks to that.

Just now, Jcnet said:

If you want to complete a bunch of low-effort games because you enjoy how playing those games makes you feel when you get a quick plat that is fine.

However, maybe don't make flex posts that seem to be attempts at humble brags when everything you are bragging about is not some amazing feat.

It's clear the topic creator wanted fast praise for his 'hard work' the fact that they are trying to defend the difficulty of the games speaks to that.

You’re totally wrong. I’m completely aware of the social life of this forum and debates out there. I’ve commented on this topic elsewhere. What happened was what I knew — some people would share some respect while many would not.

Here’s the kicker: It’s ok. Welcome to debate. My feelings aren’t hurt and neither should anyone else’s because I made a post on a trophy site about……earning a crapload of trophies.

Peace.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I’ve said this before on many other threads: Many platinums that are quick are still difficult, especially the platformers, one-button games, etc. Of course, you’d have to do them to know. But most people trash talking actually don’t know. Many of the fast completions I have come as fastest achievers (top 10ish). Another thing to consider.

Thanks for the laugh this morning. Needed that. 

Edited by ThatMuttGuy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

if you're bad at platforming games, then maybe 100-percenting them might be harder and will take longer than the average person. however, the concept of a 'quick' but 'difficult' platinum is largely nonsensical and non-existent. the types of platformer games you are playing offer virtually no challenge and can usually be beaten in half an hour; they simply have no intrinsic value other than the trophies. also, your idea that these one-button games, like The Jumping Burger are difficult is as laughable as it is pathetic

you simply have no leg to stand on here, op. just face it; your feats are meaningless

• Like 3

Just now, Octopetalum said:

if you're bad at platforming games, then maybe 100-percenting them might be harder and will take longer than the average person. however, the concept of a 'quick' but 'difficult' platinum is largely nonsensical and non-existent. the types of platformer games you are playing offer virtually no challenge and can usually be beaten in half an hour; they simply have no intrinsic value other than the trophies. also, your idea that these one-button games, like The Jumping Burger are difficult is as laughable as it is pathetic

you simply have no leg to stand on here, op. just face it; your feats are meaningless

Not the one button games I’m talking about. Disagree about the platformers. Sure some of easier than others, but many are challenging to platinum, especially towards the end.

• Like 1