1000 Trophies Per Month since June, 2022

PalaceOfLove706

Just out of curiosity, are you able to give an estimate on how much money you've spent on this hobby of yours?

I mean, I just checked the Playstation store and some of these games are pretty pricey considering what they are. If I apply even a conservative $5  average to the number of games you've played in the past 2 years, we're looking at $10,000 minimum. 

When you take into account 10 out of 10 gems like Sushi Run at $30, I wouldn't be surprised if it was double that. Or more. A lot more.

30 minutes ago, MDTaylorXIII said:

Just out of curiosity, are you able to give an estimate on how much money you've spent on this hobby of yours?

I mean, I just checked the Playstation store and some of these games are pretty pricey considering what they are. If I apply even a conservative $5  average to the number of games you've played in the past 2 years, we're looking at $10,000 minimum. 

When you take into account 10 out of 10 gems like Sushi Run at $30, I wouldn't be surprised if it was double that. Or more. A lot more.

Don’t know a total but considerably less than somebody who region stacks those games. 

I once had a 200+ day achievement streak (one achievement per day) but I had to give up on it since my schedule no longer allows me to have as much free time as I once had. It's fun to have goals like that but in the end, I felt it dictated what I played and how I played the games. I prefer playing whatever I want, however I want to play it.

I think people who are completionists often waste as much or more time than those going for easy completions so some people should probably look themselves in the mirror while grinding mundane things for dozens of hours just to get another 100% before judging others for wasting time on whatever gets them satisfaction. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

the "easy" in the sentence makes your point weak

yes i ve grind a lot of time in games required hours to get throught ,and yes for somes twice with no auto pop (mgs5 ,bindding of issac ,ninja gaiden 2 and 3 etc)

am i proud ?,maybe ,but if i am it is for myself ,i don' need likes or anything i just play games and when i am done with it i move to the next one

if the game was good and gives me some pleasure ,i beat it again ;if i am bored or pissed or stuck, i drop it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

If the goal of this post was to create a shitstorm, then I'd say you did it very well. 

At this point you are just inviting people to make fun of you, but if it makes the guy happy good for him not for me though.

• Like 1

And this is why leaderboards are completely meaningless and should be disbanded.  I have a question for the OP and for all the profile-boostin', leaderboard-chasin', HAKOOM-wannabe, trophy whores.  If leaderboards didn't exist, would you bother with this shovelware?  I know one thing for certain.  If trophies/achievements didn't exist, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  I guess at the end of the day, for whatever reason, it makes you happy and gives you some sort of sense of satisfaction (which I will never understand) and it's not harming you or anyone else so....🤷‍♂️ Hey!  Whatever, brah!  Vaya con Dios. 🙏 You do you.  

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Question: So how do you explain then the UR achievements sitting in my Trophy Cabinet? I’ve played well over 2000 games and it’s far from just shovelware. I’ve tried just about any game, if I like it, I play it, if not, I move on. Take a deeper look then your superficial take. I enjoy “quicker” plats so it’s no waste of time and money. 

You did not play over 2000 games. It's more like 500 games and 1500 trophy applications.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

And this is why leaderboards are completely meaningless and should be disbanded.  I have a question for the OP and for all the profile-boostin', leaderboard-chasin', HAKOOM-wannabe, trophy whores.  If leaderboards didn't exist, would you bother with this shovelware?  I know one thing for certain.  If trophies/achievements didn't exist, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  I guess at the end of the day, for whatever reason, it makes you happy and gives you some sort of sense of satisfaction (which I will never understand) and it's not harming you or anyone else so....🤷‍♂️ Hey!  Whatever, brah!  Vaya con Dios. 🙏 You do you.  

If it wasn't for leaderboards, the main problems wouldn't have been present in the first place. But you need to understand that there are different layers to shovelware. There's some weird assumption that every game quantity hunters play is a hold 1 button 1 minute game. This is just fodder and doesn't take much time to do at all, so in the long run of actually competing, these games are meaningless, and are just there to pad out the numbers.

I personally find it very fun and interesting trying out shorter indie titles, and stacking them to see how quickly they can be done. Ultimately quantity hunting has always been the same, you play what is the shortest, or what is abusable, that has never changed. People's attitudes only seemed to drastically changed when swapped assets started happening, and now every game quantity hunters play take no more than 1 button press apparently. At the end of the day it's a different style of trophy hunting, I really don't understand why people shame those that do it, i find those community members very disappointing.

Please do what you enjoy ♥

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Would you say the same to a crack addict?

Only if their health wasn't at risk. The same goes for trophy hunting, it can be a unhealthy problem for some, but not for everyone. This is a very crude comparison

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pelziowo said:

Only if their health wasn't at risk. The same goes for trophy hunting, it can be a unhealthy problem for some, but not for everyone. This is a very crude comparison

A healthy crack addict yep why didn't I think of that, you are so spot on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

A healthy crack addict yep why didn't I think of that, you are so spot on.

you completely misunderstood what my point was, but i guess this post is swarmed with people with this shitty mindset, so i guess there's no point in continuing the discussion

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, samunrizthym said:

sounds like someone who takes crack and lost his nerve

I mean, it's hard not to be upset when quantity hunters are being compared to crack addicts and pedophiles

just very disappointing...

5 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

A little gaming goal this account has had since mid-2022 — earn at least 1000 trophies every month.

It got a little dicey this month with a slower market to open the New Year, but now I am poised to hit the 1k trophy mark for January, 2024, thus continuing the streak.

Having this goal has kept me focused and also made me a better researcher looking for doable, efficient platinums, all the while doing the longer games I enjoy when I have time.

Just thought I’d share this personal accomplishment with the trophy community, who in their vibrant diversity of perspectives, may or may not care, respectively. 

You're not kidding, January 2024 has definitely been slow as shit in terms of new releases. 20 days in and I'm only at 200 trophies myself.

56 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

My goal is to have the top non-region stacking account in Canada. I’m getting closer and closer to that goal. If the other players didn’t play shovelware, I probably wouldn’t either. Buying shovelware is no different than people paying for micro transactions. At least I get trophies. Plus Webnetic isn’t making billions like Epic does off their micro transactions. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

My goal is to have the top non-region stacking account in Canada. I’m getting closer and closer to that goal. If the other players didn’t play shovelware, I probably wouldn’t either. Buying shovelware is no different than people paying for micro transactions. At least I get trophies. Plus Webnetic isn’t making billions like Epic does off their micro transactions. 

Point taken, bruh.  You do you. 

5 minutes ago, samunrizthym said:

i am not upset i just don t care about others opinion .

just the guy brag to be good at presssing  x regulary and monthly feeding the infection of things that should not be available anywhere

Addiction is addiction no matter be it press x ftw or lighting up the old pipe.

• Like 2