What Was An Easy Platinum You Gave Up On & Why?

On 1/26/2024 at 3:32 PM, Gonzokillass said:

Fuuuuck fr?

Any of them, Not even the one i managed to unlock. I have no idea what to do to win, how to play, and all the guides that exist suck donkey ass

True for the dangoronpa is like impossible i tried mg best when i played to find everything, and i missed a huge chunck 

Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia DOTW on PS3, which was a set. These are not hard as such in terms of  skill, but I hated these games, they were so old and dated, clunky system and extremely grindy and time consuming. This is coming from someone who has platinumed every other tales games including Vesperia and Xillia 2, which were also grindy, just could not get through these two Symphonia games, I just about survived the story...

I was about to give up on “the frog game” because it is pure RNG when I just bought a bunch of trash games for like dirt cheap. It has complete rng and is actually challenging how boring it is. What I did instead of giving up is use auto button presser app which took like 8 hours to just let the frogs jump and the game play itself. Only time I have done a stupid thing like that albeit for a stupid game.

Edited by ElektrickRage

On 1/25/2024 at 8:45 AM, disaster500 said:

God of War (2018), I simply wasn't enjoying the game at all. Got about 4-5 hours in and just stopped.

I felt the same when I started it in 2018, but I got the Platinum for it a few days ago, 2024, and my opinion and feeling of the game changed dramatically - I really recommend you give it another try and do zero exploring and focus only on the story missions, finish those and in the end game, get yourself acquainted with the menu and navigation, after the story, travel to unlock lots of fast travel points, and by then things will be opened up for you and you can have fun and enjoy things - get acquainted with armour, runes, upgrading runic attacks, and take on some Valkyries, they are really easy to kill, only one gave me issue until using a runic attack refresh amulet / artifact / talisman thing to give me my heavy runic attacks back instantly - depending on the current equipped weapon - axe / blades.

A bit lengthy and random, but give it another go!

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 5:53 PM, Vitallani said:

Same. I managed to get one of the speed run trophies, but I couldn't get the faster one because I could never remember the layout or figure out where the last fragment was.

Also, Inksplosion, because I really suck at twin stick controls.

36 Fragments is really easy, and I think they patched it to where near the end, the game auto moves your character to do the last thing for you on time, or something like that, guaranteeing you the time, so give that another go.

Oh, and yeah, InkSplosion is terrible and I sucked at it too, along with Bird Game +, lol.  I don't really play those types of games anymore anyway, but back when I did I always tested stuff out first on the Guest1 account to see how doable things are, when they are doable enough, they get Platted on the Guest1 temporary account, and then, the only annoying thing is having to Platinum it again but for real this time on main, and then sync it up - more hassle but that avoids having crap like InkSplosion unfinished as a scar on your account with like 90% player completion but yet you can't do it 💀☠️ - I tried hard too but suck bad at twin sticks and at dog shit +.

My advice to avoid things like that in future: Is to test things under Guest1; the Guest1 account is your friend and it cleans up after itself when you log out as its existence is only temporary, and takes up no space, it's like a virtual console.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:56 AM, Feral said:

Horizon Zero Dawn - Game bores me to tears

Beyond Two Souls - Just had enough of playing it

Sly trilogy - Don’t like them

Horizon Zero Dawn got extremely boring at the end game, but what saved me and allowed me to push on and Plat then 100% it was skip every single non-story mission cut scene - all side quest cut scenes and dialogue got skipped and I breezed through it all.  I suggest you give that a try - but despite what I'm saying, I still enjoyed the game quite a bit; just the Platinum and 100% did outstay its welcome.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:13 AM, ChilledBrandon said:

San Andreas. It's pretty easy and doable, I just haven't really felt like doing the 100% yet. As much as I love the game, there is a LOT to do. Very time consuming.

I avoided the Definitive Editions like the plague - the best way to play SanAndreas imo was the delisted PS2 ports, and the PS4 SanAndreas port that I have the Platinum for did not require the 100%, so no stupid spray tags, oysters or horseshoes and all that other nonsense, just a fun amount of stuff to do for the Platinum and it didn't outstay its welcome.

Edited by J-S_93

Ratchet & Clank All 4 one:

Bomb Disposal
Blow up 85% of the exploding crates in Aldaros Plains.

El Matador
No one gets hit by a grove beetle in the Deadgrove.

On Some Planets They're a Delicacy
Shoot all of the slorgs back into the waters of Octonok Cay.

It Was Like That When We Got Here
Destroy all of the towers in Gorthon Crater.

Night Lights are for Wimps
Get through Rossa Fields without using any of the energy repositories.

Q-Force Legend
Kill 50 enemies in a row using melee without taking damage.

Failed all these trophies and the game is 2/10 difficulty when i have 9/10 7/10 plats but this one i mostly failed them and i am not sure if i tried over and over i'll make it.

Middle earth shadow of mordor:

The Last Shadow
Complete all Acharn Legend Missions.

first off game sucks i did not like it and secondly i don't like stealth mode in games so i have no patience add to that trophy the annoying 2 dlc trophies and you know which ones i am talking about.

Mad Max:

All the racing trophies in the game that broke my platinum because i suck at racing games and i played Mad Max because it's beat'em up shooting game but the racing in it ruined it for me and now i can't go back to this game it's like starting over building the longest tower of the world.

007 Bloodstone:

That stupid chasing mission under 3 minutes that one i truly gave up on it even though i may try again but i don't know when or even if.

51 minutes ago, J-S_93 said:

36 Fragments is really easy, and I think they patched it to where near the end, the game auto moves your character to do the last thing for you on time, or something like that, guaranteeing you the time, so give that another go.

Oh, and yeah, InkSplosion is terrible and I sucked at it too, along with Bird Game +, lol.  I don't really play those types of games anymore anyway, but back when I did I always tested stuff out first on the Guest1 account to see how doable things are, when they are doable enough, they get Platted on the Guest1 temporary account, and then, the only annoying thing is having to Platinum it again but for real this time on main, and then sync it up - more hassle but that avoids having crap like InkSplosion unfinished as a scar on your account with like 90% player completion but yet you can't do it 💀☠️ - I tried hard too but suck bad at twin sticks and at dog shit +.

My advice to avoid things like that in future: Is to test things under Guest1; the Guest1 account is your friend and it cleans up after itself when you log out as its existence is only temporary, and takes up no space, it's like a virtual console.

Thanks for the info about 36 Fragments; I'll have a look back at it once I've finished my current game.

My splurge with those sorts of games are over too now. Unless it is something I'm genuinely interested in, I now stay clear of them.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 12:09 PM, l33sar54 said:

If you like visual novels, though, I'd love to get any tips you might have on great VNs.

Looks like you played most of the ones I would have recommended. Since you played AI: The Somnium Files, I'll also recommend the sequel, Nirvana Initiative if you liked the first game. There are also more Ace Attorney games (The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and the Apollo Justice Trilogy which just released last week), and if you like Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick is more of a puzzle game than a visual novel but it's made by the same creator. You could also try The House of Fata Morgana.

Edit: Also, I didn't realize Raging Loop was on Playstation if you want to check that one out!

Edited by ObsoleteWoman

57 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

Adventures of Mana on Vita. I got bored with it and just stopped playing. 

Love the mana series but that was just a nasty mobile phone game port. I forced myself through it. It would have been ok if you could use the original graphics

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegetollo7 said:

Adventures of Mana on Vita. I got bored with it and just stopped playing. 

I always say this to other fellow trophy hunters, if you're not enjoying the game or you think it sucks and boring then this alone can add to the difficulty of the platinum, but if the game is awesome and fun even if it's 7 or 8/10 the fun element can be a big boost.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ObsoleteWoman said:

Looks like you played most of the ones I would have recommended. Since you played AI: The Somnium Files, I'll also recommend the sequel, Nirvana Initiative if you liked the first game. There are also more Ace Attorney games (The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and the Apollo Justice Trilogy which just released last week), and if you like Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick is more of a puzzle game than a visual novel but it's made by the same creator. You could also try The House of Fata Morgana.

Edit: Also, I didn't realize Raging Loop was on Playstation if you want to check that one out!

Thank you so much for the tips, I have some of them in my wishlist. The Raging Loop caught my attention, will check that one out.

34 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

There is a game which I deleted with 0% trophies. The game was Life is Strange - it was so cringey I turnt the game off after like 5 min because I couldn't handle it ^^

I felt similar at first, and left the Platinum for a long while, then I went back to it, earned the Platinum Trophy, enjoyed it, played the prequel: Before the Storm, got the Platinum, and then bought Life is Strange 2 and True Colours, just haven't started those two yet.  But I recommend 'em.  But you gotta at least finish an episode or two, lol.

Maybe give the game another go.

It does get interesting with more serious themes.

Edited by J-S_93

On 1/29/2024 at 10:49 PM, J-S_93 said:

I went back and there was no auto-move for me, but I did manage to finish it! I had 16 seconds to spare. I was worried that I wasn't going to make it in time because I got three of really slow obstacles where you have to wait for ages for a moving chain to block the beam before you can move. Even though the patch wasn't there, thanks for telling me about it, otherwise, I never would have bothered going back to try again.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:30 PM, TheStark700 said:Hogwarts Legacy - I had a lot of games to play that month and wanted to move on from it after 50h+ lol

The main game was good, but there’s so many little things on the map you have to do for the plat. Plus replaying the start of the game an additional 3 times with different houses sucked to do.

I'm not sure now, but I heard that Ark Survival has an easy platinum, if you use the commands with a keyboard. As I was installing, I just decided to delete it and not bother anymore. 

The reason? I didn't want an easy platinum for the sake of it, or use commands to make it easy without trying the game. It's not why I play games in the first place!

The same thing happened with Stranded Deep when there was a glitch that allowed you to get the platinum easily if someone had it. I simply didn't care to get that easy platinum and I would rather leave it unfinished instead. Not like I don't already have many unobtainables anyway!

Ni No Kuni 2, I loved this game a lot but it took ages and I was very close to the plat with a few easy trophies left, but because it took so long I was kinda burned out, I stopped playing for a few days and started another game and since then never touched this game again. I would love to get the Plat for it but I feel like I have to replay the whole thing again because I literally forgot everything about Ni No Kuni 2 and if I were to go back, I would also go for the annoying dlc trophies at the same time which makes me procrastinate it even more