What Was An Easy Platinum You Gave Up On & Why?

quite a few I just haven't had interest in trophy hunting. Kids games, mainly, seem like easy plats and then they're just a boring chore to play. There are a handful of games I've set myself up for success in if I come back to trophy hunt it for a quick clean-up session but just haven't wanted to do them. Gotham Knights and Saints Row and Far Cry 6 and Until Dawn (and the other horror story games) are just a few of these. I mean there's gotta be close to 80 games in my backlog that would be super easy to complete that I just can't be asked to do. Cars, Lego Harry Potter, Gleamlight, some games my ex's kids started on my account, and the like. I'd rather play a punishing game where 5 hours feels like 5 minutes than an easy game where 5 minutes feels like 5 days

MotoGP 21 has a very simple trophy list but I couldn't get on with the way the bikes handle and the AI feels broken to me as I struggled to even pre qualify at the opening race of career mode.

I may go back to it at some point but I wish I'd never started it.

I had to check my trophy advisor for an accurate answer and these are the highest 3 that I have problems with:

• Lake (51,4% have the plat) -> well actually my girlfriend played this on my account an up to this day she hasn't finished it. Everytime I remind her she declines... haha. I don't even know the controls or the story of the game so far lol.
  • Gorogoa (49,8% have the plat) -> I wanted to do this but watching a guide to make it kinda annoys me because I had to pause every 10 seconds then. 
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (16,2% have the plat) -> I have problems in the map challenges to reach the required points, it's not that easy for me, even with guides...

Gravity Rush Remastered - I need to gold all of the timed races and I just don't get it. I'm terrible at the races.  (and it's on my try again list)

inFamous: First Light - I need to beat Beta Rescue Diamond and that lasts around 10 minutes, and the hostages can die easy. I'm so annoyed because I was so close one time.

Ratchet & Clank - Gold Cup on Rilgar in under 1:35. Never even got close to that.

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine - I can't find any more stories. And I need that last one.

Edited by Jamescush147

3 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

-Sponge bob battle for bikini bottom the game got glitched at collectibles and yeah, not in the mood for doing another "quick" playthrough

I remember that glitch, i was so pissed off when it happened to me although i think they fixed it without requiring a second playthrough. Just go back on your save file and recollect either the one for in The Cum Bucket or on the Flying Dutchman stage

1 hour ago, Vitallani said:

Also, Inksplosion, because I really suck at twin stick controls.

Yeah inksplosion is way harder than people say it is

1 hour ago, Supermarco1012 said:

Sly Cooper thieves in time: you need a perfect training with 0 mistakes in 10 (easy) consecutive exercises for a trophy, I'm not a rage-quit type of person but the sling exercise broke my soul, shut the game, never tried again 

I currently have that game on hold because of those fucking arcades. I do plan on going back and finishing them but not anytime soon

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Trancexistence said:

MotoGP 21 has a very simple trophy list but I couldn't get on with the way the bikes handle and the AI feels broken to me as I struggled to even pre qualify at the opening race of career mode.

I've noticed that newer Milestone games are a lot harder than their previous ones like MXGP 1 & 2 and Gravel. I remember starting MXGP3 fresh off of playing the other two and even with the AI set to Very Easy i couldn't do it. I don't know if they beefed up the AI or fucked up the controls to make it more "realistic"

• Like 1

The ones that come to mind....

Lollipop Chainsaw: The whole elevator arcade game where you have to get to the top without shooting for a trophy kinda did me in.  Spent 2 1/2 hours one night on that; could not get it done.  Also, the concept of the game, I like.  I didn't care for the controls, the gameplay.  It just felt very...."choppy"....klunky....I don't know.  I just did not enjoy the game as much as I thought I would.

Metro: Last Light: Like Lollipop, I gave it a go twice and just could not get into it. 

Dead Nation: Pretty much the same

Infamous: Didn't enjoy the game at all.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes: After playing through the whole story and maybe a third of the post-game collectibles, the game glitched out on me.  There's one red brick or some such collectible that can only be gotten by Wolverine digging it out of the ground.  The game glitched and wouldn't allow Wolvie to dig it up with his claws.  I already had about 30 to 35 hours sunk into the game.  I enjoy Lego games, but I wasn't lovin' Marvel Super Heroes for whatever reason.  I'm not really into super heroes the way I was when I was much younger.  Maybe that's why.  It turns out that my game save file was glitched as well with this Wolvie glitch.  So I would have to start a whole new game.  No thank you.  

If you look at my profile, I do try to platinum the games that I play, but if I'm really not enjoying a game at all then I'm not going to torture myself for a trophy.  Games and gaming and even trophy hunting for that matter should be fun or at least somewhat enjoyable.

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 1

Cutscenes the game. Huge Spider-Man fan but the amount of cutscenes and talking was just not for me. I've gone back to it like 5 times now and no it's just too much for me

9 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

One that sticks out to me is Lego City Undercover, I enjoyed the game and I've gone back to it numerous times to try and get the plat but I just find it somewhat overwhelming and kind of boring so I just give up on it after like 2 hours of trying so at this point I seriously doubt I'm ever getting it.

I've recently gone back and finished that off myself. I just put on some tunes and zoned out while playing it. It's definitely the biggest grind in a Lego game I've done. It's also the least fun Lego game I've done too. I don't recommend it at all

47 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Gravity Rush Remastered

While I can't speak on the remaster. I can say the vita version definitely isn't an easy platinum. I've been trying to get that on and off for years now

Edited by RedDevil757
Formatting

Oh boy…. only one game comes to mind immediately for me…

Sound Shapes. 😫

Idk if it fully counts because I eventually finished it, but not until many years later… But back when I was brand new to the trophy hunting scene back in 2018 this game was pretty notorious in the community as a “super easy” platinum and also had the benefit of having a shit ton of trophies. I had also never played any type of rhythm/musical game before and very few platformers so I was genuinely excited to check it out, expand my gaming horizons a bit with a new experience, and bag that easy plat with all those silver trophies at the same time.

The campaign mode was awesome and I truly enjoyed the concept of musical platforming, and how the different instruments and layers are added one-by-one as you progress through each level until you’ve eventually got a whole musical symphony playing out. It was really neat and I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point, especially having contributions from artists like Beck and Deadmau5 who I already liked.

Then came Death Mode…

I think in total I completed like 2 or 3 level max (which each took me 30+ mins easily) before I gave up, shelved the game, and didn’t come back to it for many years. I absolutely hated this mode, but what really put me off was the fact it was completely randomized and luck based and that for most levels it’s necessary to get a huge streak of notes close together to even have half a chance at finishing within the time limit. If it was a typical platformer with a set pattern that I could learn & practice I definitely would have stuck with it.

I completely forget about this game for a very long time. After 4 or 5 years I realized I had 2 “easy” plats sitting there unfinished, and I did pick it back up and gradually cleaned up both stacks I had left unfinished on my profile so long ago. At this point I was a seasoned trophy hunter and had much greater skills than I did back then, but I still struggle to understand how so many seemingly casual players earn the platinum in no more than a few hours. There were some levels that literally took me 30-40 minutes of waiting for that lucky streak.

I still consider Sound Shapes to be one of the hardest “ezpz” games out there.

I came back to it years later and finally got the platinum, but Detroit: Become Human. For the longest time, I was only missing the trophy for reading all the magazines, but I couldn't get the last magazine I needed. I followed every guide I could find, but the right one wouldn't spawn. I played through around 1/3 of the game several times before I just gave up. I came back to it a couple years later and finally figured it out - the guides I was looking at said to start the events from one chapter, but there was actually a something a few chapters before that that I needed to do to get the right path for those events.

Also, I got all the achievements for Life is Strange: Before the Storm as the episodes originally released on Xbox. I went back to replay it on PS4, but oh my god I can't stand the characters. I like the first game and True Colors, but I'm in my mid-30s and feel too old for Chloe and Rachel's cringey teenage girl attitudes. Every time there's a dialogue option, I'm just like "can I not?"

54 minutes ago, Gonzokillass said:

I've noticed that newer Milestone games are a lot harder than their previous ones like MXGP 1 & 2 and Gravel. I remember starting MXGP3 fresh off of playing the other two and even with the AI set to Very Easy i couldn't do it. I don't know if they beefed up the AI or fucked up the controls to make it more "realistic"

Yeah I've seen a few people mention that their games are a lot tougher these days. I've platted Gravel and had a great time with it. From what I've heard, MotoGP games used to be of a similar difficulty to that before they went down more of a simulation route with '21.

13 hours ago, Dry said:

36 Fragments Of Midnight on my old account.

REASON: Stages are arranged randomly per playthrough and two speedrun trophies.

I not so long ago started this one on PS4, but the 2nd speed run trophy just took it's toll. I will go back to it at some stage. I platted the Vita version a couple of years ago, so I don't know why the PS4 version is causing me so much bother.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dry said:

36 Fragments Of Midnight on my old account.

REASON: Stages are arranged randomly per playthrough and two speedrun trophies.

Hahahah I know someone here who would should read this. :P

Either way, nothing for me. The only Platinums I gave up on, I wouldn't call them easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Oh boy…. only one game comes to mind immediately for me…

Sound Shapes. 😫

Idk if it fully counts because I eventually finished it, but not until many years later… But back when I was brand new to the trophy hunting scene back in 2018 this game was pretty notorious in the community as a “super easy” platinum and also had the benefit of having a shit ton of trophies. I had also never played any type of rhythm/musical game before and very few platformers so I was genuinely excited to check it out, expand my gaming horizons a bit with a new experience, and bag that easy plat with all those silver trophies at the same time.

The campaign mode was awesome and I truly enjoyed the concept of musical platforming, and how the different instruments and layers are added one-by-one as you progress through each level until you’ve eventually got a whole musical symphony playing out. It was really neat and I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point, especially having contributions from artists like Beck and Deadmau5 who I already liked.

Then came Death Mode…

I think in total I completed like 2 or 3 level max (which each took me 30+ mins easily) before I gave up, shelved the game, and didn’t come back to it for many years. I absolutely hated this mode, but what really put me off was the fact it was completely randomized and luck based and that for most levels it’s necessary to get a huge streak of notes close together to even have half a chance at finishing within the time limit. If it was a typical platformer with a set pattern that I could learn & practice I definitely would have stuck with it.

I completely forget about this game for a very long time. After 4 or 5 years I realized I had 2 “easy” plats sitting there unfinished, and I did pick it back up and gradually cleaned up both stacks I had left unfinished on my profile so long ago. At this point I was a seasoned trophy hunter and had much greater skills than I did back then, but I still struggle to understand how so many seemingly casual players earn the platinum in no more than a few hours. There were some levels that literally took me 30-40 minutes of waiting for that lucky streak.

I still consider Sound Shapes to be one of the hardest “ezpz” games out there.

I've had that shit in my backlog since i first started too, i was 13-14 when i started trophy hunting so of course i sucked ass but even then i wouldn't have considered Sound Shapes to be "easy" at all. Maybe around the "mid level" area like 3.5/10 - 5/10. I do plan on going back to it eventually and maybe it'll be easier now since i've been trophy hunting for almost 8 years, but i still believe people jumped the gun calling that game's platinum "easy"

So far...

Super Weekend Mode (PS4 & Vita) - I'm not good at it and wasn't enjoying it really. 

Nicole (PS4) - I didn't feel like feeling the text guide.

Roommates (PS4) - see Nicole

Garfield Lasagna Party (PS4 & PS5) - I suck at some of the minigames.

There are some others, those come to mind. 

14 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don't know how easy or hard it would have been, but Dead Rising 2, because the game was boring tosh.

I feel you, i coudnt manage to go through the game because i hated it

• Like 1

For me, it has to be Arcadegeddon (PS4). I've played that game a bunch when it came out on the PS+, but I couldn't bring myself to get the plat because the game is just SOOO boring and generic, it looks and plays like these fake games people play on TV shows or smth. 😂 

Probably not the worst 3rd person shooter out there, and the 51 figures trophy isn't even that grindy but man this feels like an absolute chore... Plus the servers are completely deserted iirc 🥶

33 minutes ago, Gonzokillass said:

I've had that shit in my backlog since i first started too, i was 13-14 when i started trophy hunting so of course i sucked ass but even then i wouldn't have considered Sound Shapes to be "easy" at all. Maybe around the "mid level" area like 3.5/10 - 5/10. I do plan on going back to it eventually and maybe it'll be easier now since i've been trophy hunting for almost 8 years, but i still believe people jumped the gun calling that game's platinum "easy"

In a way it’s quite interesting as it just goes to show how much the idea of an easy platinum trophy has changed over the years. I came late to the trophy game, but even back in 2018 when I was starting out, you could pretty much count the number of notorious “ezpz” plats on both hands. Most serious trophy hunters knew the names of all the biggest easy games whether they had them on their list or not, cuz there just wasn’t thousands like there is now.

I think the main reason why Sound Shapes was considered so easy is because it was extremely short (not a whole lot of ~5 hour games back then) and it was one of the first games with the cloud save function and multiple regional stacks that would auto-pop when you transferred over a completed save file. All this was rather unprecedented back then, and just shows how drastically the trophy landscape has changed in just 6 years when you look back at it now! You could even say SS was one of the first games that showed developers trophy hunters would buy multiple regional stacks of the same game just to get extra trophies.

Now as someone who has been in the same boat, I’d say if you’ve been trophy hunting for 8 years now you should definitely go back and clean it up. You almost certainly have the skills. What you really need above all else is patience, as Death Mode is far more about luck than anything else. Almost every single Death Mode level I beat was the result of finally getting a lucky streak of 5-10 notes that spawned very close by and gave me the wiggle room needed to make it on time. There’s a couple levels that are virtually impossible if you don’t have a bunch of notes spawn side by side. Good luck!

• Like 1

Sniper Elite V2 comes to mind. I was more put off by the trophies not unlocking in co-op because it was fun that way but by itself I felt the game was too jank for me to find enjoyable.

I'm not sure if it's considered easy but Star Ocean: The Divine Force is a more recent one. I guess it's considered the easiest of the series thus far but playing it just felt like a slog and I have no idea if I was doing the combat properly or leveling my characters and their gear the right way because I felt like the game didn't properly explain those mechanics. However the worst thing about it that made me say "screw it" was the alchemy trophy where you have to make I think it was almost 400 items through crafting which doesn't sound so bad but it's RNG crafting which is one of the worst things imaginable.

Basically, you have to put materials in and you get an item however it is completely random if you will even get the item you need even if you successfully made it before which makes absolutely no sense to me. I could understand the item being random if you never made it before or don't have the recipe but every time I tried to make a specific item I wound up wasting resources because it kept giving me a ribbon I already made a dozen times before. This is like putting eggs and bacon in a frying pan and then you somehow wind up with broccoli. Even more frustrating was the best gear you could have was from this system but I don't know how the game expected me to even make anything worthwhile when it doesn't give me what I want to make 99/100 times.

In summary the game does one of the worst things a game can do which is not respect my time and I certainly was not willing to waste any more time in a game I already found pretty lackluster by doing some stupid RNG crafting system that I refuse to believe any sane person working on the game actually said "Yes, this will surely be a fun mechanic that players will enjoy using". I didn't even bother finishing the story since I lost the plot halfway through anyway and I just didn't really care about anything happening after a certain point. The only silver lining is that I played it from Extra so I guess I can at least say I didn't technically spend money on it.

• Like 1

Rugby 15... I played 5-10 mins and had no clue what was happening or was supposed to happen, thankfully no trophies popped otherwise I could've seen myself going into full blown panick mode.