What Was An Easy Platinum You Gave Up On & Why?

For me, Final Fantasy 12. 

I got bored with the gambit system. I really just wanted to beat it since it was the only FF I never played. 

When it came to the trophy clean up, I had bounced off. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

Terminator Salvation: Got stuck on an infinite enemy spawn area in the third level and pretty much gave up since FPS/TPS games are one of my weakest links to the point that I'm basically a complete noob with no motivation to even try to get better at them.

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan: Got pretty far into the Veteran campaign until I got stuck on a level where the first checkpoint is like several minutes in so every time I died, I'd have to go through a fairly long process to get another real shot at it. Must've tried it like 30 times back in the day before I finally raged enough to just quit outright. Also doesn't help that rail shooters are also not particularly my forte (the common ground between them and FPS/TPS games being the aiming which I suck at). Might be a bit more open to trying again somewhere down the line since this one at least has Move support which could help alleviate some of the aiming issues, but it's still not all that high on my priority list.

There's a few other examples abound in my trophy advisor, though those are the only two I have particularly vivid memories of sucking at, never mind there's also a fair number of easy plats where I've just set them aside long ago without ever particularly giving up.

20 hours ago, disaster500 said:

God of War (2018), I simply wasn't enjoying the game at all. Got about 4-5 hours in and just stopped.

literally the same as me. i might get back into it but idk

• Like 4

I used my alt account to try one of those two free shovelware puzzle games (it was a social experiment I swear), but there was a trophy for completing the expert game in 4-5 minutes. The thing is that the expert level had like 1800 tiles and it was super slow.

To this day I don't know how more than the 95% of the players completed it, or how do they find the motivation to play such a bad game, only for the trophies.

Edited by Jeanolt

1.Berserk Band of the Hawks: its an okay game mid to be honest i have the JP version and some trophy ard just grindy not the Fun way

2. Watch Dogs 2 dont get what the hype is about its a downgraded GTA

3.Skylander SuperChargers: I know it seems silly but the Ooh Shiny trophy is Only possible buy Paying for this 3 figurine trophys and there around 14$-25$

4.Dangonronpa Ultra Despair Girls : there no good guides

14 hours ago, Ninjise said:

Tomb Raider 2013, I got the conversation glitch thrice and had enough, you have to finish the whole game and pray the trophy to pop up, after finishing the game 4 times, can't stomach doing another playthrough.

Rise of Tomb Raider, yes same franchise, this time though it is due to time trials, I'm just not cut to do those and I'm simply not in the mood to learn the whole levels again just to attemp something I already dislike as a trophy.

I got a corrupted save when cleaning up collectibles in the post game. Don't listen to anyone that says it only happens when fast travelling to a certain place, it can happen at ANY autosave.

22 hours ago, disaster500 said:

God of War (2018), I simply wasn't enjoying the game at all. Got about 4-5 hours in and just stopped.

I got up to the dark elf realm after a solid half an hour straight of walking and talking and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. The combat camera was annoying me as well which was a shame because the combat itself was fine, they just made the boneheaded decision to use the SO CINEMATIC over the shoulder TLOU camera which just doesn't work in a melee focused hack and slash game. I think the exact moment I stopped was just after a fight with a group of dark elves where they were constantly flitting around in and out of range and behind my back and I couldn't see the game getting any better. Someone on the dev team clearly knew the camera was a bad decision seeing as they put in a band-aid solution in that enemy indicator, although they clearly don't care about that anymore seeing as the new one is just more of the same. The whole game felt like TLOU: God of War Edition. It had the same tone, character dynamics, lack of player agency, strong focus on ladders. It's what happens when a creator is enamored with something else yet is stuck with their own project. I might go back to it if I plat the other games although I don't see myself doing that. God of War was getting stale to be sure; it was about 6 games straight of the same thing but I'm not sure if this was the right direction. It was always a series that knew how to be cinematic yet retain player engagement, in fact it was one of the most famous games for that and was extremely influential.

On that note I gave up on most of the GOW games in general which are fairly easy aside from one thing: the no damage combat challenges. No matter how skilled I am at a game if you ask me to do something like that in a single challenge I can't get over the pressure. I only ever did them in 2 and 3 and I can never see myself completing 1 seeing as you have to do every challenge in one sitting.

Sly 3 is also another easy plat I gave up on due to the side challenges.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, disaster500 said:

I can totally 100% relate to this. I started this game when it was first released in 2018. I earned a few trophies (1-2), then got so bored, I stopped playing it for the next 5 years.

After an unbelievable amount of procrastination on my part I returned to the game last year 2023. Got most of the game done, but found it an agonizing experience overall. I actually don't like it much at all. And this is coming from a hardcore GOW fan. I bought almost every other GOW game day 1. But not the 2018 version. I only purchased it because it was GOW, you know. TBPH - I still fail to see what all of the fuss is about. Currently, I am at about 57% on the trophies. It's really crazy. We are now in 2024, and I still thinking of every excuse under the sun not to play it again. I think it's a well made game, but it just doesn't entice me to play like the original games did. Now I am once again forcing myself to play it  and this time finally complete it in 2024. It's been on my to-do list so long it's making my actually physically sick. Not looking forward to Ragnarok if it's more of the same. Oh, the pain of it all.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MiahMamoon said:

dying light 2 the online kinda pissed me off no one was helping out so i just gave up on the game 

I met nothing but helpful players, had the online knocked out in minutes was super quick and easy. Too bad you had a bad experience maybe you didn't give it enough time the online?

• Like 2

Any and all LEGO games that I’ve started (with the kids).  Too much filler and not something I’ve desired to go back to.  Maybe one day, I’ll get the itch to platinum one of them, but it’s pretty far down on my list. 

6 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

Horizon Forbidden West - EXTREMELY BORING STORY, activities and quest, but beautiful world.

You can kill me now in comments :D

I Totally agree game is so boring But I do have a goal to finish it this year maybe I just need to give it time lol 

• Like 1

The walking dead (telltale).  Game was too hard and plat looked grindy.  Seriously though, I think that and 1-2 other telltale games are on my profile but not finished.  Just wasn't in the mood at the time, and IIRC I finished them on my sister's phone a while later

Also horizon zero dawn.  It wasn't a bad game, just couldn't get into it at the time.  Had the same feelings with God of war 2018, but eventually went back, enjoyed it, and got the plat.  But it took like 3-4 attempts over years to get into it, idk why, but eventually I was in the right mood I guess

35 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:

Horizon Forbidden West - EXTREMELY BORING STORY, activities and quest, but beautiful world.

You can kill me now in comments :D

I think more would agree with you than disagree on Forbidden West.

It's not one of those games that people will jump down your throat for saying you don't like it, unlike practically every other Sony 1st party game. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

I used my alt account to try one of those two free shovelware puzzle games (it was a social experiment I swear), but there was a trophy for completing the expert game in 4-5 minutes. The thing is that the expert level had like 1800 tiles and it was super slow. To this day I don't know how more than the 95% of the players completed it, or how do they find the motivation to play such a bad game, only for the trophies.

Piece of paper  marking down every tile uncovered  and then looking up pairs while paused.

As for motivation: a) It's not bad for what it is, average memory game, b) free platinum trophy with a few minutes playtime. At least it's an actual game.

On 1/25/2024 at 9:02 AM, Gonzokillass said:

We all have at least 1, here are a few of mine:

Rugby 15 - I can't figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do

Lego Batman 2 (Vita) - Save data got corrupted and I was too far in to wanna restart

Duck Dynasty - Do I even have to explain?

Intelligent Qube - I suck ass 

Kick-Ass 2 - Terrible game, just awful

Games that you've either put on hold or had no intention on platinuming to begin with don't count

Rugby 15 what trophy? 

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

I just can't seem to do well playing this on the vita. It should have been an easy cleanup as I originally only played it for the story and wasn't into trophy hunting back then. But after playing P5D on PS4 and platting that it feels absolutely awkward going back to playing this on Vita and the game feels very unresponsive being 30fps and all. Just do not have the patience to get back into it. Rhythm games were never my thing in the first place, I only got this because it's Persona.