What Was An Easy Platinum You Gave Up On & Why?

20 hours ago, Supermarco1012 said:

Code realize guardian of rebirth: it was free on ps plus and I wanted to play some Vita games, was looking for some waifus, found 5 guys trying to romance me, passed... (My bad, I didn't know the genre)

Sly Cooper thieves in time: you need a perfect training with 0 mistakes in 10 (easy) consecutive exercises for a trophy, I'm not a rage-quit type of person but the sling exercise broke my soul, shut the game, never tried again 

I actually liked that Code Realize game - I thought there was a lot more going on story-wise than just 5 guys trying to romance the MC. (It was a lot better than that other Vita VN from PS+ Amnesia: Memories which I dialogue-skipped through after 1 chapter just for trophies because THAT MC was an idiot).

I'm not sure if I gave up on God of War: Ragnarok yet or not. Two end game bosses left for the platinum but I don't feel like "getting good" to finish it. At least not right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I met nothing but helpful players, had the online knocked out in minutes was super quick and easy. Too bad you had a bad experience maybe you didn't give it enough time the online?

probably ye lol, if its ever free on plus i'll give it another shot 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:21 AM, HaserPL said:

The Saboteur. I will probably go back to this game as I really liked it, but having to collect 1300+ collectibles was just too much for me. They aren't your typical collectibles, just shit you gotta destroy around the map, but the way destruction works in this game, you have to go back and forth between a safe house to refill your ammo and explosives and that just drained my soul.

man i feel ur pain on this one i just gave up aswell amazing underrated game tho

2 hours ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I actually liked that Code Realize game - I thought there was a lot more going on story-wise than just 5 guys trying to romance the MC. (It was a lot better than that other Vita VN from PS+ Amnesia: Memories which I dialogue-skipped through after 1 chapter just for trophies because THAT MC was an idiot).

I'm not sure if I gave up on God of War: Ragnarok yet or not. Two end game bosses left for the platinum but I don't feel like "getting good" to finish it. At least not right now.

Well if you say that's more going on I'll consider opening my heart and giving it a second chance I guess!

I remembered another one-- I wouldn't say "give up" per say, but I need one more trophy for the platinum in Minecraft Dungeons (I don't have the DLC so I'm not going for 100%) but I was playing with a friend and we haven't been able to play it together in a while, and I'm too lazy to go back and get the last trophy lol

Devil My cry 5. Literal si mal no recuerdo me faltaron 4-5 trofeos. Pero eran los más difíciles uno era pasar todas las modos con rango S en todas las dificultados exceptuando cielo-infierno pero es muy pero muy difícil. El simple hecho de que con 1 ataque te maten lo hace medio imposible y el otro motivo fue por qué se me acabó el PS plus Jajaja

On 1/25/2024 at 3:52 AM, xh117 said:

The Silver Case, I couldn't follow the plot and it was boooooring. Doubtful I'll return to this game although maybe I judged it too early and it gets better but idk and maybe I don't want to know. 

As someone who recently platinumed The Silver Case... it doesn't get any less weird or, depending on your perspective, boring. I suspect that the plot was intentionally made ambiguous and impenetrable, and the unconventional control scheme takes time getting used to.

If you like visual novels, though, I'd love to get any tips you might have on great VNs.

• Like 1

Chaos on Deponia -  I really liked the first game and though it was going to be as easy as the first (granted I did use a guide). I didn't use a guide for this one and missed a few trophies. The biggest one I missed was a collectible, which requires an almost full walkthrough. I'll get back to it, eventually.

God of War and God of War II (PS3) - I'm terrible the Challenge of the God segments, and really didn't want to do the speedrun on the first GoW.

InnerSpace - Was bored out of my mind after about an hour. I tried following a guide, but had a hard time keeping track of where I was supposed to go.

Sly Cooper 3 - I platted the first two games, but by the time I finished the third game I was kind of sick of them and didn't want to do the challenges.

As an aside, I'm much more willing to "give up" on a game now if I'm not enjoying it than I was in the past. There's too many other games to play and not enough time, so I'm not going to force myself to keep playing.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, HaloH20rp said:

4.Dangonronpa Ultra Despair Girls : there no good guides

Fuuuuck fr?

6 hours ago, kinio26 said:

Rugby 15 what trophy? 

Any of them, Not even the one i managed to unlock. I have no idea what to do to win, how to play, and all the guides that exist suck donkey ass

Life Is Strange 1- I'm too lazy to go back to every episode

Pirate Warriors 3- I was on track to having the plat, got all the character and was halfway done with all the story tiles or whatever they were.  Then my file suddenly was gone and I had to restart.  Said "No" and deleted the game.  I probably have the old save on ps4 but am too lazy to upload it to the cloud

Theres probably more but those are the ones I can think of

Godzilla PS4. I'm a HUGE Godzilla fan, I absolutely love the franchise and I've seen all the movies countless times, bought the figures, etc. However, the last two trophies are so repetitive. They require you to max out every single kaiju in the game, which requires at least 3 full playthroughs as each of them. I like how their movement is similar to the older movies (which really should have been part of how they marketed it instead of trying to sell it as an AAA fighting game) and how it feels like you're in your own classic Godzilla movie, but it doesn't translate that well to gameplay. It's going to get old fast, long before you've done enough playthroughs. 

One trophy list I gave up on is Heavy Rain as it’s a easy trophy list to get but it was really tedious when attempting the specific endings as some of them glitch on me and just felt burned out trying to attempt it again but maybe one day I’ll put up the strength to go through with it again 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 1:02 AM, Gonzokillass said:

Games that you've either put on hold or had no intention on platinuming to begin with don't count

huh. well. in that case, I guess I got nothing.

I put Skyrim on hold (14.21% Platinum rate), but besides that everything's less than 5%. My least-rare unearned Platinum is Yakuza 0. lol.

7 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

As someone who recently platinumed The Silver Case... it doesn't get any less weird or, depending on your perspective, boring. I suspect that the plot was intentionally made ambiguous and impenetrable, and the unconventional control scheme takes time getting used to.

If you like visual novels, though, I'd love to get any tips you might have on great VNs.

Looks like you played all the good VNs already I could think of and then some lol 

13 hours ago, Gisquared09 said:

In recent memory was Hellblade, one of the collectibles bugged out for me and didn’t feel like trudging through that whole game again. I will eventually go back to it but I did write it off for the time being. 

I see you are only missing "Collect all of the Lorestones". Hellblade was my favorite game for that year. I platinum both stacks. Love the story.

Fortunately, I never had any issues. Perhaps you just missed one of the collectibles? Chapter select would have been a God-send in this game.

6 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

God of War and God of War II (PS3) - I'm terrible the Challenge of the God segments, and really didn't want to do the speedrun on the first GoW.

The speed run is pretty lenient. I never had any problems with it. And I'm the first to admit that I HATE speed runs in any games.

And I agree on the challenges in GOW 1. Some of them are very difficult if you're not used to them. For me GOW 2 was easier.

Edited by TheDarkKratos