What Was An Easy Platinum You Gave Up On & Why?

We all have at least 1, here are a few of mine:

Rugby 15 - I can't figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do

Lego Batman 2 (Vita) - Save data got corrupted and I was too far in to wanna restart

Duck Dynasty - Do I even have to explain?

Intelligent Qube - I suck ass 

Kick-Ass 2 - Terrible game, just awful

Games that you've either put on hold or had no intention on platinuming to begin with don't count

• Like 4

The Saboteur. I will probably go back to this game as I really liked it, but having to collect 1300+ collectibles was just too much for me. They aren't your typical collectibles, just shit you gotta destroy around the map, but the way destruction works in this game, you have to go back and forth between a safe house to refill your ammo and explosives and that just drained my soul.

• Like 3

I stopped with The Raven, i thought the game was very boring and i encountered the infamous glitch where one of the trophies doesn't pop which requires a full 2nd playthrough and i'm not motivated at all to play through 10 hours of this game all over again

• Like 1

I can only speak from the past, as I don't really give up on games now.

I once gave up on LEGO Pirates of the Caribeean because I spent all my money on characters and didn't buy any multipliers. I didn't feel like grinding the money, so I gave up. I came back to it after like 2-3 years and finished

I also gave up on Star Wars the Clone Wars Republic Heroes. This game seemed hard to me for some unknown reason (when checking the trophy descriptions) and this made me give up on it. I came back to it and finished it 6 years later

• Like 1

One that sticks out to me is Lego City Undercover, I enjoyed the game and I've gone back to it numerous times to try and get the plat but I just find it somewhat overwhelming and kind of boring so I just give up on it after like 2 hours of trying so at this point I seriously doubt I'm ever getting it.

• Like 1

The Silver Case, I couldn't follow the plot and it was boooooring. Doubtful I'll return to this game although maybe I judged it too early and it gets better but idk and maybe I don't want to know. 

• Like 2

there are many sadly because reasons:

-Sponge bob battle for bikini bottom the game got glitched at collectibles and yeah, not in the mood for doing another "quick" playthrough

-titanfall 2 i know the whole platinum is relative easy until THAT part, but also the game got glitched at collectibles, sad thing because the game is amazing

-lego batman 3 the game isnt boring, but i got intimidated at the time by the huge amount of collectibles

-oddworld munchs oddysee hd game again, super glitched, and in this case a sad one because developers actually replied everyone about knowing about this game was trophy broken and promised to fix it, but form what i know they couldnt at the time.

-tekken tag tournament 2 this is a funny case because the game was a rent at blockbuster, and well, it didnt have the online required pass (stupid idea BTW), and i never saw the game at the wild to own it at least a physical copy

-os cavaleiros do zodiaco batalha do santuario yeah, another blockbuster rental, but this one was a bizarre one because i rented the "saint seiya" one, without knowing this was a brasilian version of the game i think, so yeah, the trophy list is in portuguese, so yeah, good luck finding that specific version of the game in 2024

• Like 1

I haven't "given up" per se but I bounced so hard off Ape Escape that I just could not bring myself to do the platinum at the time. I'll probably go back eventually.

• Like 1

I haven't completely given up, but I'm taking a long break from Mighty Math and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Just can't be bothered to fiddle with them for now.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and not due to anything about the game itself.

I found a boosting partner on a different site to help me grab the last online trophy I needed, but I misunderstood the trophy's requirements (it needed to be set up like a local multiplayer match, not just inviting a friend to play a matchmade fight), we couldn't set up anoher time to try again and the PlayStation Plus membership that the game was tied to expired and couldn't be renewed in time for me to get it before the servers were closed permanently, making the trophy unobtainable. I just got really, really, really unlucky here.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 4

I gave up on Psychonauts a couple of years ago because one of the collectibles bugged out on me at the very end of the game. Despite how fun it is, I didn't have it in me to replay the whole game again solely for the collectibles. 

It's got to be Undertale for me. While the platinum seems to be fairly trivial, I tried to do the whole pacifist playthrough thing at the same time, and I just kept dying over and over again to those bullet hell sequences. I know that sort of is the point, but alas.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dry said:

36 Fragments Of Midnight on my old account.

REASON: Stages are arranged randomly per playthrough and two speedrun trophies.

Same. I managed to get one of the speed run trophies, but I couldn't get the faster one because I could never remember the layout or figure out where the last fragment was.

Also, Inksplosion, because I really suck at twin stick controls.

• Like 2

Heavy Fire Shattered Spear. I just came off of Heavy Fire Afghanistan, and despite that they have identical gameplay, they both feature different controls. I couldn't play Shattered Spear because I kept using the Afghanistan controls and couldn't adapt.

I did eventually come back to Shattered Spear though (years later) and finish it.

I recently gave up on A King's Tale: Final Fantasy. Played if for a few minutes and didn't feel it. I had the FFVII Remake in my mind, which I also didn't finish.

I just don't like the FF games. I like Tifa Lockhart though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Exist archive because i was trying to plat it before it left PlayStation plus premium. But i didn't make the cutoff date before it got removed. I will eventually plat it as i did buy it eventually but its not a priority atm.

• Like 1

Code realize guardian of rebirth: it was free on ps plus and I wanted to play some Vita games, was looking for some waifus, found 5 guys trying to romance me, passed... (My bad, I didn't know the genre)

Sly Cooper thieves in time: you need a perfect training with 0 mistakes in 10 (easy) consecutive exercises for a trophy, I'm not a rage-quit type of person but the sling exercise broke my soul, shut the game, never tried again 

Edited by Supermarco1012
  • Haha 2