What influences your Avatar selection/change on PSN or PSNProfiles?

Right now it just have to do with the games I am playing at the moment.

PSNP: Avie, sig. and main pic on my page have to do with the games I am the closest to finishing at the moment.

.... oh and inchworms are awesome!!

Edited by JadedDragos

i recently started buying anime like avatars such as weiss , nero from dvmc3 , and demitri because hes a badass vampire from darkstalkers 

although when i do buy these avatars i usually change the background on my psnprofile to match the avatar :P

i wish they did add okami , DBZ , and naruto avatars to the ps store JAPAN GETS THEM WHY DONT WE D:

• 3 weeks later...

Well Since I'm playing "BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma" right now, and we didn't get any BlazBlue Avatars in NA today(May 27th 2014). I'm using "Hyperdimension Neptunia's Cave" as a replacement for "BlazeBlue's Tsubaki"..lol

It's the closest similarity I Could find, plus I've been meaning to use "Cave" for quite some time.

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 2 months later...

I hardly ever change mine, i use Jodie Holmes because it came with the special edition of Beyond: Two Souls and because i loved the game, also because it's an exclusive avatar, you can't buy it on the PS Store.

Lightning on the forum because why not... another game i fell in love with.

If my BRA store had the Jill BSAA avatar though... i'd definitely buy that one and never change it, ever.

I usually get two new avatars and it's always about female anime characters or any other kind of art that involves a female character. I am sure that most of the psn players think i am either a girl or a psycho perv but i really do not care aha. I love female characters art because it catches the sensuality and beauty of the female gender's body. Many would say " but they are not even real " but that is one of the things why art exists anyway : to express our likes , ideas and personality so that it can create feelings and ideas in others. I am an urban artist been 4 years and sometimes i draw those anime female characters , i quite love to do it and to see what others can do . Before you ask : No i am not a fan of hentai or nothing , to be honest i don't even watch anime been 2 years ( i would like to watch it again someday) and i hate those exagerated projects.

That is what makes me choose these avatars haha :D other reason why i do it is because i rather look at something that i am atracted to when i log other than an old guy with beard like that "The Last of Us" avatar , i understand that most of the guys like to use it as " hey this is my favorite game/character" or badass skulls and guns but not my style at all. I would use my real life photos but they wont let y.y

Edit : The only bad thing about using these avatars is that i usually get flirted by others randomly and guys normaly ask if i am a girl , my age and country. Some of them send really disgusting stuff so i kinda understand what hirl gamers go through now! Oh well.. I troll them sometimes and it turns to be fun (':

Edited by BUwUNY
  • Like 1

I agree there's worse ways to spend 50 cents. Also it's boring seeing the 100th person using the same popular free avatar over and over again. I've only bought 5 avatars over the years. I won't pay $1.49 for some of the newer non-game based avatars that are coming out though. 

I like adding a custom background to my trophy card and profile here as well but I don't change them very often either.

My avatar decisions are exactly like Darkness's decision. If they have an avatar for the game I'm platinuming, them I get it otherwise my default is Altair. When it comes to the money thing, it really shouldnt be a problem bc its .50. I find that in my house daily or just on the streets. Also when i get a game and its not one im just trying out, i plan on platinuming it. If the game has dlc ima get it too, depending on what it is. If its a level ima get it but sometimes i dont care about clothes unless its wicked awesome. Most games that i gotta platinum take awhile anyway and it would be nice to change up some clothing options and avatar options while i play. To me, some of those extra customizable things like that are similar to me listening to music while i platinum a game. During the first run through, u just wanna beat the game but once u hit, what i call "platinum time", u really dont need the game noise bc ur just pushing through some trophies and it gets dull looking the same thing while u run around a city collecting something. So i crank up the tunes, pick my favorite clothes and wear my avatar like a banner so that when people online see me, they know its platinum time. I do try sometimes to get different avatars and stuff but when it comes to anything besides my ps3 or ps4 I'm really lazy lol. If I do put on up, its because I'm bored as hell or I randomly found the coolest deadpool pic that I don't mind resizing.

Right now those Diablo 3 Avatar's Look Pretty Cool & Free....So I'm influenced by Freedom @ the Moment...lol

Free? must check it out.

Anyways, havent really purchased any avatars. We should be allowed to upload our own avatars like Steam. Sure some people might upload some... xxx stuff but they could always put up some rules regarding stuff like that. Most of the avatars doesnt look that HQ anyways. But if there is something that really stands out I wouldnt mind buying it..... using a free avatar atm.

Edit: Oh im using this avatar for my Steam account; i got it off of PSN 

tdHYPKr.jpg

And wow nice, 9 free diablo avatars and they look pretty HQ. Just had them all set up to download tonight thru the sony site. thxs for the headsup.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 3 months later...

Right now I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia so I'm Using/used: Neptune, Compa, and Noire(Current 1).

After I finish that, I'm going to Switch it to Luka or Miku; since I'lll be playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd next.

But to be honest my Avatar Should just be Lucina(Fire Emblem Awakening), since all i've been doing is playing Smash Bros Like An Addicted Druggie..lol

• 3 weeks later...