Trophy Thoughts! (Plats on PS4 version only)

willmill97

Looks incredible and a lot of bang for your buck. I could spend months on these games just taking it at my own pace and earning these trophies. It's definitely something I see myself picking up eventually as I love these games and earning trophies for them is just a really nice icing on the cake.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phasmia said:

Does Sony impose some sort of limit to the amount of DLC trophies or is that the site doing it? Each game's DLC has 2 or 3 lists for the trophies, with each list's max being 13. Odd I never noticed that.

The limit used to be 255 trophies for a list. The site was programmed with that in mind. There’s no limit now as far as I know, but if it goes over 255, doesn’t show on the site.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

no plats for ps5 sale lost.

Why would i bother with an inferior version that is ps4 with its slow ass load times. I want to play the ps5 version with the faster load times.

The game loads pretty much instantly on PS4, and you can switch between 1 2 and 3 in seconds. It also looks great, at least IMO. Seems like the people who made it genuinely cared. I'm astonished at how you can switch between the old and new graphics instantly with the push of a button and see exactly what was changed.

I do agree that the no plats for PS5 thing is just silly though.

I'm hoping this leads to a Revelations and Chronicles rerelease. Yeah, they're not as good as the first three, and Chronicles was pretty much a last minute cash grab, but still, I love the darker atmosphere.

AOD is another story. I know that game was basically unfinished, but yeesh...

• Like 1

Someone on the Tomb Raider forums reckons you can get the no medipacks trophy by doing the level skip cheat on every level until the end. I'm going to try it tonight. They've left the same old school cheats in the code from back in the day. There's even one to make Lara explode. I vaguely remember doing that 20 or so years ago.

Edit - I just started trying the level skip but I've got my doubts it works because I didn't get the trophy for completing Peru. Currently at level 9 but stuck because I can't make Lara work an underwater level to get to a dry place. How do you work this? No button seems to make her pull the lever. Hopefully not an early glitch. Never had trouble pulling a lever before.

Edited by JPageMartin36

58 minutes ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Push Square is claiming cheats do disable trophies (scroll down) https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/tomb-raider-1-3-remastered-cheats-all-cheat-codes-and-how-to-use-them

I saw that too but we won't know for sure until we try it (and at least 1 person says it works).

One thing I did get AFTER using level skip was the photo trophy (by accident) when I was fumbling around with the controls. So me using level skip didn't disable all the trophies for that playthrough. 

Does anybody have any idea why the trophies for the PlayStation 5 versions were formatted the way that they were? It just seems very messy/strange to me - I'm not too fussed about the no platinum thing, I'm just confused why they went with this choice as I genuinely don't think I've seen any other game do this before?

I heard somewhere that Sony apparently are no longer enforcing trophies (or platinums) for PS5 games, could that be the reason? I don't know how credible that take is, though.

Regardless of it all, excited to get into this trilogy. It was my most anticipated release, after Shadow of the Erdtree and the Silent Hill 2 remake.

7 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Push Square is claiming cheats do disable trophies (scroll down) https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/tomb-raider-1-3-remastered-cheats-all-cheat-codes-and-how-to-use-them

They don’t disable them all as I’ve used the cheats and then tried to earn a trophy immediately after and it’s unlocked, using all weapons and then scaring Pierre off with magnums is one that doesn’t work however unless needs to be a specific level. 

Cheats also don’t work in New Game+

17 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Does anybody have any idea why the trophies for the PlayStation 5 versions were formatted the way that they were? It just seems very messy/strange to me - I'm not too fussed about the no platinum thing, I'm just confused why they went with this choice as I genuinely don't think I've seen any other game do this before?

I heard somewhere that Sony apparently are no longer enforcing trophies (or platinums) for PS5 games, could that be the reason? I don't know how credible that take is, though.

Regardless of it all, excited to get into this trilogy. It was my most anticipated release, after Shadow of the Erdtree and the Silent Hill 2 remake.

You access TR1-3 (and their expansions) all via a single launcher, like the Spyro/Crash trilogies or the TR trilogy on PS3, instead of separate launchers like the Yakuza remasters are.

Because of this, on PS5, a single launcher is only allowed a single list so they were forced to combine all the trophy lists and expansions together. They maybe decided that adding a plat would be a bit weird since it'd only end up applying to one of the games, unless they went the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves route and added trophies in the base list for earning all DLC trophies, which would also be a strange situation. So no matter how they went about it, the list would've ended up being unconventional.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, madbuk said:

You access TR1-3 (and their expansions) all via a single launcher, like the Spyro/Crash trilogies or the TR trilogy on PS3, instead of separate launchers like the Yakuza remasters are.

Because of this, on PS5, a single launcher is only allowed a single list so they were forced to combine all the trophy lists and expansions together. They maybe decided that adding a plat would be a bit weird since it'd only end up applying to one of the games, unless they went the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves route and added trophies in the base list for earning all DLC trophies, which would also be a strange situation. So no matter how they went about it, the list would've ended up being unconventional.

Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't aware a single launcher is only allowed a single list on PS5, that explains a lot. Bummer it couldn't be as neat as the PS4 versions, but ah well, it doesn't impact the quality of the game in any way so I can't complain.

As regards cheats blocking Trophies i Know the Trophies for completing each area won't pop when you do the level skip, but the Pistol only and No Medkit trophies will pop, not sure about killing the enemy at the start of the last level, cause i quickly did the level skip while it was moving towards me, also the double scream Trophy will pop on the last level by jumping off the platform.

The Raid Not Kill (don't hurt T-Rex) will not pop if you skip to Lost Valley.

I tried everything - no saving in the level (thinking maybe a later save was screwing with the trophy), no weapons cheats. Nothing. I had to run through the first three levels from the start without skipping any of them for the trophy to pop.

• Like 1