Trophy Thoughts! (Plats on PS4 version only)

willmill97

Trophies look amazing (both the artwork and the requirements). I honestly wish more games had such depth in their trophies. Another fun fact is that none of the three games (not their DLCs either) have a single gold trophy. I can't wait to pick this up for my PS4... in a few months, since I have quite the list of games waiting to be played now.

2 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Trophies look amazing (both the artwork and the requirements). I honestly wish more games had such depth in their trophies. Another fun fact is that none of the three games (not their DLCs either) have a single gold trophy. I can't wait to pick this up for my PS4... in a few months, since I have quite the list of games waiting to be played now.

The game is unfortunately still subject to an embargo, but as soon as it falls (Tuesday, February 13 at 10am PT/1pm ET/7pm CET), I'll be able to say something about the trophies ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Kinda sucks having no gold trophies as they are my favourite ones, the trade off is there’s about 272 trophies between all 3 games, they have platinums, and the trophies look pretty fun. I think I’ll definitely have to check these out. I have vague memories of being a kid and playing some bootlegged copy of one of these old TR games but I never really got to fully experience them. 😁

5 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Can anyone with experience of these games give us some idea on how hard these plats are going to be? I never played them growing up.

I'd say 6/10.

They are generally not too hard, but New Game+ (with tougher enemies, no medipacks, limited saves etc.) might be problematic. Also, the speedruns definitely require that you know each level well.

But none of the trophies are brutally difficult.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Can anyone with experience of these games give us some idea on how hard these plats are going to be? I never played them growing up.

At least 2 playthroughs per game.

You need one playthrough + all deaths and another speedrun-like on New Game+ with a few saves. Tons of missable trophies. Could be a 5/10 or 6/10 depending on how the timer and saves work in the games. Maybe 3 playthroughs would be ideal.

EDIT: I have zero experience with the DLCs (Unfinished Business etc.), I never played them when I was young.

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Im so sad that because of Saber, Apsyr and Sony "incompetence" I have to play the inferior PS4 version 🤦‍♂️ Cause want to get Platinums from them... Why they couldnt separated the games into 3 (or hell ! Even 6) Launcher apps just like MGS Collection devs did ! And we could have had 3 (Or 6 !) Platinums ! 😑 and Im really sad cause I know a lot of people who will skip cause of the no Plat and they dont want to "bother" with PS4 version 😭 I mean if there was only PS5 no Plat version I would still play it myself ! But rather on Switch... Like I dont know but what were they thinking ?!?!? They lowered their sales for stupid reason... 😑 and thats sad cause I want great sales ! So they will do Tomb Raider 3-6 Remastered next ! 🥺🙏 Thank god for PS4 version ! 😢🙏 

Sure, let's constantly say they are incompetent instead of actually appreciating the effort that obviously went into the individual trophies. Also, there is no need to worry about the sales; trophy hunters are a minority anyway, especially the obsessed ones deciding what to play or not based on the existence of a Platinum trophy. If it makes you feel better, I am buying it just to support them, even though I will probably never get to play it anyway.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

The busiest we will seem to be is with multiple playthroughs. Using only specific guns, searching for every type of death, etc. But nothing truly hard unless the speedrun trophy proves difficult for new players.

Just now, Solid-Fisch said:

Where are the DLC for all the three games are coming from? I was super surprised to see all of them have extra levels. I played TR2 and TR3 a lot in my youth but can't remember there was extra content?

They are part of the expanded versions and were released only for the PC back in 1998-2000. They offer a few additional chapters from what I've seen online. I never played them myself, so this will be uncharted territory for me as well.

• Like 1