What was your first Console and game you 100%/Fully complete?

AJ Maciejewski

I inherited my Dad's Atari 2600 when I was first coordinated enough to play video games. The first console bought for me was a shared Christmas present for myself and two of my brothers - A Nintendo Entertainment System Power Set with the zapper and the Power Pad.

I feel sorry for people who's first video game experiences were 16 or 32 bit or later. I just don't feel like they can appreciate the evolution of video games in the same way.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for people who's first video game experiences were 16 or 32 bit or later. I just don't feel like they can appreciate the evolution of video games in the same way.

At first I thought feeling sorry for people was a bit much but then I recalled this generation of toddlers which will be exposed to iphone games waaaay before they know who Mario is.  Somebody please get a controller in their hands.

I agree that the 16-bit era is kind of a late entrance into gaming, but its "fashionably late". I still uphold the perception of it being the overall best era in gaming thus far. Now 32-bit and beyond...yeah, I totally agree with that.

Edited by merciful84

• 2 weeks later...

First console I recall owning was the SNES, back in 1999 or so. I'm not sure if my parents bought it to me or if I was given the console. I vividly remember playing Mario All-Stars + Mario World and whenever I had to go somewhere, I simply paused the game, turned off the television and hoped no one screwed up my progress while I was gone. I thought the save function wouldn't work back then. I also had Mega Man X, Killer Instinct, NBA Jam and Bart's Nightmare. Some time passed and the console has stopped functioning, but I had a brand new computer back then, so I wasn't too affected by that event. In the present day, I'm actively searching for some retro consoles like the Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive as I have the money and time to do so, and I want to try out some games I missed out back then.