THE OUTLAST TRIALS trophy thoughts

Seems easy enough. I played it on pc and I think I had most of these badges . It will require a good team though.

I do hope they optimized it because even on pc there’s times my card should easily be able to handle the game and it’ll drop 40+ frames in spots. It’s always the carnival levels too.

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

Another franchise that I enjoyed doing the trophies for because of the tense no death runs gone soft. Not gonna bother

Not that type of game... This isn't anything like the other games in this franchise. This is more like online Co-op doing short missions and surviving together. You start in a zone being chased and need to work together to escape that zone, then you go back to a hub and try a different zone. It looks like there are trophies related to not taking damage, which is hard as heck so I don't get your reservation against...

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

Another franchise that I enjoyed doing the trophies for because of the tense no death runs gone soft. Not gonna bother

I really loved the original game (especially as a free Plus game at the beginning of the PS4 lifecycle) but the second game just didn't do it for me. I did not like the no death/no battery/no hiding/no fun requirements in either game, though. 

This mp focused nonsense isn't even on my radar.

How is it “Multiplayer focused Nonsense” you can literally play this solo. It’s just easier with a friend or two. It sounds like you don’t have many friends. Fact of the matter is the game looks great and it will be a fun platinum.

16 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I really loved the original game (especially as a free Plus game at the beginning of the PS4 lifecycle) but the second game just didn't do it for me. I did not like the no death/no battery/no hiding/no fun requirements in either game, though. 

This mp focused nonsense isn't even on my radar.

There’s absolutely none of that in this game. Looks like a straightforward fun platinum. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LordBeavington said:

How is it “Multiplayer focused Nonsense” you can literally play this solo. It’s just easier with a friend or two. It sounds like you don’t have many friends. Fact of the matter is the game looks great and it will be a fun platinum.

There’s absolutely none of that in this game. Looks like a straightforward fun platinum. 

Because it is multiplayer focused nonsense. You're supposed to play with other people. Sure you CAN play solo, but you're supposed to play with others. 

No, I do not have a lot of friends. That happens once you've been married for long enough, lol.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Cruscah said:

Here are the actual requirements:

Reveal hidden contents

Big Saver
Acquire the "Big Saver" badge.

Collect 15 evidence documents.

Sleight of Hand
Acquire the "Sleight of Hand" badge.

Unlock 100 containers.

Mechanophiliac
Acquire the "Mechanophiliac" badge.

Use your rig 100 times.

Together We Are Strong
Acquire the "Together We Are Strong" badge.

Perform 50 coop moves.

Crowd Control
Acquire the "Crowd Control" badge.

Help teammates by kicking 50 enemies.

Hypochondriac
Acquire the "Hypochondriac" badge.

Consume 200 medicines.

Sawbones
Acquire the "Sawbones" badge.

Revive or help up a friend 50 times.

Speed Freak
Acquire the "Speed Freak" badge.

Use 50 adrenalines.

Breathe In
Acquire the "Breathe In" badge.

Use 100 antidotes.

Power Surge
Acquire the "Power Surge" badge.

Use 100 batteries.

Bullseye
Acquire the "Bullseye" badge.

Headshot 50 enemies.

Major League Player
Acquire the "Major League Player" badge.

Hit 100 enemies with throwables.

Bamboozler
Acquire the "Bamboozler" badge.

Distract 50 enemies with throwables.

Chicken in a Pot
Acquire the "Chicken in a Pot" badge.

Use 100 hiding spots.

Trigger Happy
Acquire the "Trigger Happy" badge.

Disarm 50 door traps.

Anger Issues
Acquire the "Anger Issues" badge.

Break Down 50 locked doors.

Glutton for Therapy
Acquire the "Glutton for Therapy" badge.

Complete 25 Trials.

Toastmaster
Acquire the "Toastmaster" badge.

Use 50 rig rechargers.

Tapetum Lucidum
Acquire the "Tapetum Lucidum" badge.

Spend 36000 seconds in night vision.

Vision Quest
Acquire the "Vision Quest" badge.

Spend 600 seconds in full psychosis.

Get Down
Acquire the "Get Down" badge.

Knocked down 50 times.

Hemophiliac
Acquire the "Hemophiliac" badge.

Lost 10000 helth points.

Hoarder
Acquire the "Hoarder" badge.

Collect 1000 items.

Slip and Slider
Acquire the "Slip and Slider" badge.

Spend 120 seconds sliding.

Marathoner
Acquire the "Marathoner" badge.

Spend 3600 seconds running.

Hunchback
Acquire the "Hunchback" badge.

Spend 3600 seconds crouched.

Can't Touch This
Acquire the "Can't Touch This" badge.

Take no damage during a trial 10 times.

You can check the progress for all the badges in-game.

You're my favourite person today. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know what to make of this? This literally offers no explanations on the specific thing we need to do to grab the trophies, just get some sort of badges??? I guess they couldn't figure what miscellaneous things they could make players do so they figured "F it, we'll just have the in-game achievements act as the trophies" But that's just what I think, also I find it funny the platinum trophy is just the cover art of the game

Most of these trophies will come naturally. This is a game meant to have its missions replayed over and over, much like Helldivers 2. After about 50 matches with friends, or more if doing solo, you should have most of these trophies unlocked. The ones requiring a bit of skill, like zero damage might be easy enough to get on the first level where your goal is to hide and escape from the dude with the puppet hand. 

On 2/26/2024 at 11:36 AM, yowzagabowza said:

Because it is multiplayer focused nonsense. You're supposed to play with other people. Sure you CAN play solo, but you're supposed to play with others. 

No, I do not have a lot of friends. That happens once you've been married for long enough, lol.

Dude that happened once I was out of school. Lot of people don't have friends. And ya this game is a mp only game. I like the 1&2. But this is just a cash grab game that should be avoided for solo players.

Edited by Zid960
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 2:36 AM, yowzagabowza said:

That's because you have your wife. She's the only friend you'll ever need..

says every wife ever

• Haha 2

On 2/26/2024 at 5:32 PM, LordBeavington said:

There are co-op related trophies in this list