Trophy Thoughts

I know pretty much everything is needed for the trophy, but i haven't found if all the challenges for the fiend intels (combat) are needed too or just the combat itself is fine?

1 hour ago, Wax743 said:

I know pretty much everything is needed for the trophy, but i haven't found if all the challenges for the fiend intels (combat) are needed too or just the combat itself is fine?

They give you extra Party XP, no idea if needed for 100% though. But because you have to engage in the event anyway, why not just do them all, takes 2 tries is all.

If you're having trouble to stagger them because you're on easy and they die too quick, then change difficulty for that particular challenge (takes like 6 secs, change it in options). Been working for me, do what you can on first easy attempt, then get the stagger challenge on dynamic difficulty ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:12 AM, Wax743 said:

If you ignore them, you will miss out on party experience at the end of the game, which could lock you out of certain folio actions. It is generally recommended that you complete the objectives as you unlock the fiend intel; otherwise, you may be too powerful to stagger them if you attempt them later in the story. 

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 1

I was having trouble with the piano minigame, but I was able to change the speed to make it faster which resulted in getting an "A" after a few attempts. The slowest speed was messing me up because I was reacting too fast. What really ruined something for me was having one of the soldiers die on me during a cutscene when you walk in to fight Roche. I do not know how or why it happened, but I heard someone dying right before the fight started and at the end only four of them showed up. I went out of my way to keep them all healed for the entire duration of that segment too.

I really hope people come up with builds/strategies that make the legendary bouts a little more doable for the average person. Legendary Bout 8 is kind of insane. The Powerpyx video on it is an hour and a half long and if you die during one of the rounds it resets you all the way back to the beginning. I platinumed FF7 Remake and the VR battles were hard but this feels a little egregious (to me, at least). I love a good challenge but jeez

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

They give you extra Party XP, no idea if needed for 100% though. But because you have to engage in the event anyway, why not just do them all, takes 2 tries is all.

If you're having trouble to stagger them because you're on easy and they die too quick, then change difficulty for that particular challenge (takes like 6 secs, change it in options). Been working for me, do what you can on first easy attempt, then get the stagger challenge on dynamic difficulty ;)

Yeah, i know they aren't really difficult, most i can get them first try, but if i didn't and it can save me 2 minutes of my time retrying it, i won't bother. But since is probably needed, i'll do it.

Thanks

On 3/5/2024 at 1:06 PM, KhalifaReplays said:

I really hope people come up with builds/strategies that make the legendary bouts a little more doable for the average person. Legendary Bout 8 is kind of insane. The Powerpyx video on it is an hour and a half long and if you die during one of the rounds it resets you all the way back to the beginning. I platinumed FF7 Remake and the VR battles were hard but this feels a little egregious (to me, at least). I love a good challenge but jeez

I do wonder if there are better strategies and gear/materia set ups in the game for a lot of these that maybe the guide writers didn't discover.  There were a lot of strategies in Remake that weren't discovered right away for Top Secrets and some of the other tougher ones, I wouldn't be surprised if this had some things that make it at least slightly easier. 

Either way if the minigames aren't a Platinum killer for me I expect these VR's may be.  We'll see, I'm at least going to give it a good shot. 

I feel like they should've at least given us an optional autosave half way through the 10 wave VRs.  That way those that want the full punishment can opt out of it, but us that don't want to waste an hour+ on an attempt only to fail have some sort of fallback.  That's just my knee-jerk feelings after watching a few of the toughest VR videos though.  I still have to finish up the last two trophies in Intermission before I really dig into Rebirth at all.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romikot84 said:

What rarity the platinum will be?

I think very rare if not ultra rare... 

I would think very rare after a couple months, maybe sooner than we think. There’s always good strategies coming up every day on how to get past the harder VR missions

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 7:13 AM, tommeyliang said:

Am I the only one playing and beating not for the plat?? Striving for an “A” and at least 83% completion. Who else? Hah.

I’m currently a little less than halfway complete through Like a Dragon: Ishin!’s story and I’ve come to terms that will simply be a high A, not a plat.

But back to Rebirth it seems to me the content and time needed alone is worth the $69.99 USD + tax price tag. May buy sooner than later. My backlog includes P3 Reload, Infinite Wealth and Granblue Fantasy Relink already.

People that only play games for trophies really baffle me. That sounds like the most miserable and boring way to go about gaming; just play what you like and let the trophies be an afterthought. Even if this game was 1000 hours and I obviously wasn’t gonna get the Plat, I’d of course still buy it and enjoy it because I’m a big fan of this series. 

On 3/25/2024 at 8:57 AM, Romikot84 said:

What rarity the platinum will be?

I think very rare if not ultra rare... 

Somehow more than 5% of people on PSNP and 0.4% on PSN already have the Platinum…makes zero sense.

150 hours seems pretty quick. I’ve 100%’ed the open world and done just about everything except the VR missions and Hard mode. At the time of writing this, I’ve only done 5/6 of the Brutal challenges and I’m exactly at the 150 hour mark. I think 200 will be my final log time so the PSNP guide was on the money with that.

7.5 is definitely understating the difficulty. It’s AT LEAST an 8.5 IMO, so again I’m more inclined to agree with the PSNP than PowerPyx on this one. 

On 2/29/2024 at 2:31 AM, Couga83 said:

Hard difficulty is all good and well, but what probably will deny me the plat more is the piano minigame.
I'm so bad at it, I will never get the necessary ranks to get the trophy for it. :D

In hindsight the piano minigame is what I’d call a “fun challenge” compared to the VR challenges. 

On 2/28/2024 at 11:28 AM, washy-quirk4 said:

Trust me when I say if Hard was available right from the start, straight up, YOU WILL NOT BEAT THE GAME. Like I'm being genuinely real, if the experience is anything like 7 Remake, you need the upgrades, experience with the characters, knowledge of the battlefields, and most importantly, luck if you want any chance of beating this game on Hard difficulty. Take it from me who had lost so many times to bosses in 7 Remake on Hard despite upgrading my characters and weapons.

For sure, me though, I'm destined to platinum this game after doing the first one (BUT GODDAMN IT, I STILL NEED TO PLAY THE INTERMISSION DLC)

I second this, there is absolutely no way to beat Hard on your first playthrough 😂

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
typo

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

150 hours spins pretty quick. I’ve 100%’ed the open world and done just about everything except the VR missions and Hard mode. At the time of writing this, I’ve only done 5/6 of the Brutal challenges and I’m exactly at the 150 hour mark. I think 200 will be my final log time so the PSNP guide was on the money with that.

I've always been really slow at games. Whatever the estimate is in a guide, I know I can up that a good deal. So far I've been playing close to 180 hours and I'm currently on chapter 13 of my first playthough. I've completed all the side quests, VR missions, and mini games that it is possible to do up to that point, but I think by the time I get to the end credits, I will have  reached the 200 hour mark. I'll then have all the Brutal/Legendary VR missions to do, complete the Gold Saucer date two more times, and play hard mode. If I do manage to complete all that (and it's definitely an 'if'), then I wouldn't be surprised if I clock up 300 hours.

15 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

People that only play games for trophies really baffle me. That sounds like the most miserable and boring way to go about gaming; just play what you like and let the trophies be an afterthought. Even if this game was 1000 hours and I obviously wasn’t gonna get the Plat, I’d of course still buy it and enjoy it because I’m a big fan of this series. 

Somehow more than 5% of people on PSNP and 0.4% on PSN already have the Platinum…makes zero sense.

150 hours seems pretty quick. I’ve 100%’ed the open world and done just about everything except the VR missions and Hard mode. At the time of writing this, I’ve only done 5/6 of the Brutal challenges and I’m exactly at the 150 hour mark. I think 200 will be my final log time so the PSNP guide was on the money with that.

7.5 is definitely understating the difficulty. It’s AT LEAST an 8.5 IMO, so again I’m more inclined to agree with the PSNP than PowerPyx on this one. 

This is a site dedicated to trophy hunting. You will find the majority of people that play games like a job on a site like this. I do agree with you, though. I have never played a game just for a plat. Every game I play, it's actually something I wanted to play. I see people with 400+ plats and there is zero chance they are only playing games they really wanted to.

I have skipped games I was more on the fence about if the trophy list looked ridiculous. I was never going to skip this one, though. On the first look, this trophy list looked stupid. I thought I probably wouldn't plat it, but it ended up not being as bad as I thought it was going to be.

My plat and fully completed play log took 180 hours. The early guides were written before easier strategies were found for the harder fights. Shout out to @Optinooby. His guides are amazing and completely break down the fights to be much more manageable. Trophy hunters starting now and following newer strategies for the harder fights will probably finish the plat faster than 150 hours. Especially if they skip everything that can be skipped.

I usually take longer to plat games than the guides say. I always play on the hardest difficulty and complete all of the content in the game. Even if you don't have to do it for plat. The plat guides assume you're playing on the easiest difficulty, most likely skipping cutscenes, and skipping everything that isn't required for plat. I don't think that's a fun way to play games, but everybody enjoys different things.

Not sure what rating I would give for this. It asks you to be good at a lot of different mini games. They could be plat blockers for some. We have better guides for the harder fights now. Many of them are straight forward if you're happy to follow a guide. The potential plat blocker is probably Bonds of Friendship. You can't use the Brumal Form cheese, so it increases the difficulty quite a bit. The wind build is still great, though. I wouldn't go any higher than an 8.5.

Edited by NathanW18
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NathanW18 said:

This is a site dedicated to trophy hunting. You will find the majority of people that play games like a job on a site like this. I do agree with you, though. I have never played a game just for a plat. Every game I play, it's actually something I wanted to play. I see people with 400+ plats and there is zero chance they are only playing games they really wanted to.

I have skipped games I was more on the fence about if the trophy list looked ridiculous. I was never going to skip this one, though. On the first look, this trophy list looked stupid. I thought I probably wouldn't plat it, but it ended up not being as bad as I thought it was going to be.

My plat and fully completed play log took 180 hours. The early guides were written before easier strategies were found for the harder fights. Shout out to @Optinooby. His guides are amazing and completely break down the fights to be much more manageable. Trophy hunters starting now and following newer strategies for the harder fights will probably finish the plat faster than 150 hours. Especially if they skip everything that can be skipped.

I usually take longer to plat games than the guides say. I always play on the hardest difficulty and complete all of the content in the game. Even if you don't have to do it for plat. The plat guides assume you're playing on the easiest difficulty, most likely skipping cutscenes, and skipping everything that isn't required for plat. I don't think that's a fun way to play games, but everybody enjoys different things.

Not sure what rating I would give for this. It asks you to be good at a lot of different mini games. They could be plat blockers for some. We have better guides for the harder fights now. Many of them are straight forward if you're happy to follow a guide. The potential plat blocker is probably Bonds of Friendship. You can't use the Brumal Form cheese, so it increases the difficulty quite a bit. The wind build is still great, though. I wouldn't go any higher than an 8.5.

Hi, someone with over 400 plats here, just wondering what makes you think I had no interest in some of the games I’ve played? Every game I have started has been with the intention of enjoying it, otherwise why bother?

When you’ve been trophy hunting for 10+ years, 400 really isn’t such an outrageous number.

29 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Hi, someone with over 400 plats here, just wondering what makes you think I had no interest in some of the games I’ve played? Every game I have started has been with the intention of enjoying it, otherwise why bother?

When you’ve been trophy hunting for 10+ years, 400 really isn’t such an outrageous number.

I absolutely pulled that number out of my ass. It is very hard for me to believe that every game on a list as big as yours is a game you were very interested in playing. There are trophy hunters that only play games for plats. They just want to see the number going up. Maybe you don't, but I think most people with numbers as large as that are mainly motivated in seeing the number increase.

I would definitely have more plats if I hadn't spent as much time playing Destiny and Destiny 2. I still wouldn't be anywhere near a number like yours.

22 hours ago, NathanW18 said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna land somewhere around 180 hours too. But yes, thanks to @Optinooby the difficulty rating might be lower than a lot of us thought 😂 I know without him I probably wouldn't have it in me to do some of those VR challenges. 

19 hours ago, madbuk said:

I've been trophy hunting for over ten years too and I don't even have half your Platinums LOL. What's especially crazy about your profile is that it's nearly a 100% account. I know for a fact that be a 100% account, you have to really go out of your way to acquire all DLC trophies that come out. Even if you weren't interested in a DLC and have already moved on from the game, you're now obligated to not only return to the game, but shell out extra money on said expansion(s). You have to do that countless times in perpetuity to main your completion rate. Respect for being that committed, but to @NathanW18's point, there's no way you actually wanted to play every single one of those DLCs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna land somewhere around 180 hours too. But yes, thanks to @Optinooby the difficulty rating might be lower than a lot of us thought 😂 I know without him I probably wouldn't have it in me to do some of those VR challenges. 

I've been trophy hunting for over ten years too and I don't even have half your Platinums LOL. What's especially crazy about your profile is that it's nearly a 100% account. I know for a fact that be a 100% account, you have to really go out of your way to acquire all DLC trophies that come out. Even if you weren't interested in a DLC and have already moved on from the game, you're now obligated to not only return to the game, but shell out extra money on said expansion(s). You have to do that countless times in perpetuity to main your completion rate. Respect for being that committed, but to @NathanW18's point, there's no way you actually wanted to play every single one of those DLCs. 

I suppose that's true lol, plenty of DLCs for games I would rather not go back to because I didn't end up enjoying them like I thought I would (XVI in a few days, for example... might delay that one for a while.) On the whole though I'd say the majority of DLCs have been for games that I enjoyed, which is a relief.