Trophy Thoughts

As someone who platinumed the PS4 version (GODDAMN IT I BOUGHT THE INTERMISSION DLC AND STILL NEED TO PLAY THAT!!!), for me, the only one that concerns me is Chadley's VR missions because I had a lot of trouble doing the last hard mission of his VR missions and the fact that save data don't transfer over while understandable, is still annoying nonetheless. "7-star Hotel" sounds interesting but considering I didn't really like Johnny's character, I imagine I might do it with spite. Looks like there's no stupid grind trophy similar to "Dressed to the Nines" like there was in 7 Remake so thankfully no need to play 3 long chapters just for the sake of that one trophy. As long as you understand the combat and use everyone's powers to their full potential (and I suppose some YouTube tutorials), the Hard difficulty will go just fine for you. That's my thoughts and just like the characters, I'm destined to spend whatever it takes to get the platinum

• Like 4

3 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

I'm gonna play it the same way once I get my copy tomorrow. Possibly with a lower percentage, since I wanna remember it as an enjoyable experience, not a traumatic one 😉 

After spending a hundred or more hours in a game, the last thing I wanna do is play it again with an added bonus of higher and most likely annoying difficulty of the worst kind - bigger health bars. 

Hard mode should be available from the start tbh. 

Trust me when I say if Hard was available right from the start, straight up, YOU WILL NOT BEAT THE GAME. Like I'm being genuinely real, if the experience is anything like 7 Remake, you need the upgrades, experience with the characters, knowledge of the battlefields, and most importantly, luck if you want any chance of beating this game on Hard difficulty. Take it from me who had lost so many times to bosses in 7 Remake on Hard despite upgrading my characters and weapons.

52 minutes ago, MoreFuego said:

If I like the game enough, length doesn’t matter to me tbh, it’s worth it in the end 💪🏻

For sure, me though, I'm destined to platinum this game after doing the first one (BUT GODDAMN IT, I STILL NEED TO PLAY THE INTERMISSION DLC)

• Like 2

I wanted to replay FF7R first in Hard Mode and maybe get the plat, but my PS5 is still in repair. Well, too late now, the game is coming tomorrow and I won't even get to play it day one. :(

As for the trophies, I'm not even going to bother until I beat the game, since I need to play it all over again in Hard. And even then, there's no way I'm playing this massive game two times in a row.

For anyone that starts a game and only puts it down after getting the platinum: please don't. You'll only end up hating the whole experience and get burned out in the process. Just enjoy the first playthrough, don't look at guides, don't look at trophies. Turn off trophy notifications and shit. Don't you think it's better to appreciate the game for what it is first?

• Haha 1

I feel like this is going to be the most toilsome platinum I've done in quite some time. Just due to the huge time sink + difficulty rating. Usually it's one or the other. Rarely get hit with the double whammy. Also, that's a lot of **** effort for 1 gold trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x90BartPLx said:

Don't cry about trophies, just enjoy game 🤩 it can be even 500h and I'm still go through everything that this game has to offer 🙂😎

So you post on TROPHY THOUGHTS

"Don't cry about trophies"

I really don't understand the point on registering on a trophies site just for that kind of comments.

Sure you are happy spending 500h on a single game others prefer to spend 500h on a 20-30 games

• Like 2

8 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

When I like a game, I don't care how long it takes to get the platinum, because in this case 200 hours in an awesome game are 200 hours well spent.

Players should not weigh up how many platinums they could get in this time instead but with less quality games.

My sentiments exactly. 

• Like 4

Looks good to me, it won’t suit people who like to stack up on the shovelware and up the trophy count.  For those who are content to stick with a game for the long haul, this one sounds like one to live with for a good while to achieve everything and I’m in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, washy-quirk4 said:

As someone who platinumed the PS4 version (GODDAMN IT I BOUGHT THE INTERMISSION DLC AND STILL NEED TO PLAY THAT!!!), for me, the only one that concerns me is Chadley's VR missions because I had a lot of trouble doing the last hard mission of his VR missions and the fact that save data don't transfer over while understandable, is still annoying nonetheless. "7-star Hotel" sounds interesting but considering I didn't really like Johnny's character, I imagine I might do it with spite. Looks like there's no stupid grind trophy similar to "Dressed to the Nines" like there was in 7 Remake so thankfully no need to play 3 long chapters just for the sake of that one trophy. As long as you understand the combat and use everyone's powers to their full potential (and I suppose some YouTube tutorials), the Hard difficulty will go just fine for you. That's my thoughts and just like the characters, I'm destined to spend whatever it takes to get the platinum

I have bad news then. According to powerpyx, some of the VR missions in this game are much harder than the "pride and joy" one in the first game. Personally, I wont even bother trying those VR missions, because I can already see my controller flying through the room.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Karnacharya said:

Hate to break it to ya fam, but a week only has 168 hours in it. You might want to invest in some Time materia.

🤣 My "week" starts tonight at 00:00am and ends at 23:59pm on the 10th of March. No work, all play!! Bring it on

4 hours ago, SolidJD said:

Does anyone know if the demo section which means you'll skip in the full game is chapter 1 and it'll still give you the trophy if it is? 

The flashback scene in Nibelheim is not the entirety of chapter 1, so if you skip it, you will still be in chapter 1 and get the trophy. Also, you can't skip the whole of the demo level, but just the reactor section of it. I.E. You will still need to replay the sections in the village of Nibelheim.

• Like 1

It's going to be a great experience. However, I probably won't go for the platinum. I go for the enjoyment of massive games like this. I want to experience all areas the game has to offer, but I don't need to "find everything" or "max out...", especially not for a bronze trophy. This list is a bummer, overall, but the game should be a visual splendor and fun to play!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SolidJD said:

Does anyone know if the demo section which means you'll skip in the full game is chapter 1 and it'll still give you the trophy if it is? 

If it works like the FF16 Demo did with Save Transfers it should. 

Good luck to everyone aiming for this Plat! I am debating on aiming to make this my 350th Plat. Currently only at 329 Plats so at least I can just beat the game once and then slowly aim for other trophies in between other games.