Trophy Thoughts

11 minutes ago, tommeyliang said:

Am I the only one playing and beating not for the plat?? Striving for an “A” and at least 83% completion. Who else? Hah.

I'm gonna play it the same way once I get my copy tomorrow. Possibly with a lower percentage, since I wanna remember it as an enjoyable experience, not a traumatic one 😉 

After spending a hundred or more hours in a game, the last thing I wanna do is play it again with an added bonus of higher and most likely annoying difficulty of the worst kind - bigger health bars. 

Hard mode should be available from the start tbh. 

• Like 2

According to powerpyx vr missions are harder than remake and have to beat them on brutal/legend. This is a bit ridiculous and seems unnecessary.  I struggled as is on remake vr missions. I guess some hardcore fans of the series will enjoy this platinum. Goodluck to all. 

• Like 2

Honestly, the fact that Hard still has the no item/bench only restoring HP mechanic will make things....interesting for an open world game. Although if you are playing on Hard difficulty I assume you just beeline to the major fights, with some side content battles sprinkled in. 

8 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Took me around 10hrs for intro + first region clearing, theres 7 regions + story + all the vr stuff, minigames and cleanup so should be doable if you’re fast

I know they aren't exactly the same game, but Elden Ring took me over a month so 😂🫠. Well, I'll just enjoy it regardless, it might be another 3-4 years before we see the next game.

Edited by PostGameBlues

1 hour ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

When I like a game, I don't care how long it takes to get the platinum, because in this case 200 hours in an awesome game are 200 hours well spent.

Players should not weigh up how many platinums they could get in this time instead but with less quality games.

Yeah thats basicly the way to do it.

But that is also where I struggle, I like to get into the franchise and am not a longtime big fan or something. So I keep wondering is it worth it...

It might be that I enjoy the game, I don't even doubt it, but will it be worth that amount of time... for me personally ofc.

There will be a lot of people who love the franchise who will be super glad they can enjoy this game for so long and I'm happy for them, I just wonder for myself...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I have been waiting like an asshole for this list to plan my milestones, stopping at 19939 trophies.

And the trophy i want for 20000 is chapter 1 😤

Same. Should be my 15,000th trophy and 200th Platinum. Slowed down my gaming for over a year for this. 

I really liked a hard difficulty run in FF7 Remake. I just wonder how it works in a longer game like this. Not being able to restore MP and use items was fine in shorter chapters, but this game seems gigantic.

• Like 2

Trophy icons are phenomenal, as usual with this series. Some names are pretty neat, too. Can't wait to play the hell out of this game, excited for hard mode as well, it was my favorite part of the remake as It changed some vital mechanics like MP restoration, you couldn't use items and enemies were tougher, that made the game much harder, and made boss encounters more unique, You actually had to plan ahead, know your enemies and use their weaknesses, and not waste your resources. I recall changing weapons and using specific skill combos on some bosses. I remember having 0MP for the Rufus fight, and relying on parrying mostly, what a legendary clash. This is how you do a NG+, take notes. 

Shit, this might be my favorite game of all time, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

• Like 2

Hard Mode and the VR stuff is what kept me from getting the Platinum for REMAKE, and it sounds like that'll be the case again this time around. I'm not upset about it, tbh. It'll be fun doing everything else.

That Platinum trophy art, though.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed remakes platinum so I'm pretty sure I'll want to get this one. The main block will be whether any of the minigames just seem impossible to max rank. 

I was super concerned they'd force S ranks on piano pieces (which is 100% greats 0 mistakes) but it seems like you only need A rank which I'm much more confident I'll be able to pull off. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grimzilla32 said:

Christ Almighty, I've seen the Piano mini game, this is gonna be a NIGHTMARE

It's easy apart from one of them which takes a little practice. Just be grateful you don't have to S-rank them.

If you're really stuck get a friend or family member to do one stick and you do the other.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

It's easy apart from one of them which takes a little practice. Just be grateful you don't have to S-rank them.

If you're really stuck get a friend or family member to do one stick and you do the other.

Don't have to get S-Class? Ok that makes me feels a little better

150-200 hours to plat? Well good bye March lol

I'm disappointed about the hard mode no item usage again though. It was disheartening going through hard mode in the first game and still receiving tons of item from enemies and chests, and just having to shrug them off as useless since you're blocked from using them.

• Like 1