Trophy Thoughts

The plat won't be for me on this. I'll just play once, take my time, and grab as many trophies as I can. I still have nightmares about fighting that Hell House on the previous game. I did enjoy it though. I've been playing Final Fantasy games on and off for 24 years.

• Like 1

Hard difficulty is all good and well, but what probably will deny me the plat more is the piano minigame.
I'm so bad at it, I will never get the necessary ranks to get the trophy for it. :D

Edited by Couga83

1 hour ago, Couga83 said:

Hard difficulty is all good and well, but what probably will deny me the plat more is the piano minigame.
I'm so bad at it, I will never get the necessary ranks to get the trophy for it. :D

Ask a friend or someone and just share the controller xD. 1 person on the left stick other on the right

I hate when games make you play a 2nd time for a trophy at harder difficulty. 
Have hard unlocked from the beginning, and make it such that difficulty cannot be changed with NG+. 
If people want to replay they can do it just fine. But people who don't have much time can go straight to hard. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

As always, sad to see replies of people saying they won't play this because of x reasons related to trophies. 

If you don't want this game to affect your profile, at least play it stress free on an alt account?

Like, nobody said they will not play it because of the list Lol. All that is being said is that its long and hard and will not be for everybody.

In contrast I saw some people say they dont care not getting the plat in this one, as long as the game is good.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Glad to see this will be a short plat.

- Person currently playing Star Ocean 4

Compared to Star Ocean 4, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will be a short Platinum. 🤣  I've actually gotten the Platinum for that a few years ago.

Edited by Nitemares-----

17 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Have hard unlocked from the beginning, and make it such that difficulty cannot be changed with NG+. 
If people want to replay they can do it just fine. But people who don't have much time can go straight to hard. 

Trust me when I say that if you played this game on Hard difficulty in your first playthrough, straight up. YOU WILL NOT BEAT THE GAME. Like I'm genuinely being real, as someone who platinumed 7 Remake, playing the game on Hard even on my second playthrough with all my character upgrades, maxed out weapons and materia, and even a strategy going in, I still struggled plenty (Christ the Hell House and whatever the final boss was in Chapter 16). So trust me when I say that you are so much better off playing Normal first, AND then playing on Hard because you're gonna need the best equipment you can get starting in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, washy-quirk4 said:

Trust me when I say that if you played this game on Hard difficulty in your first playthrough, straight up. YOU WILL NOT BEAT THE GAME. Like I'm genuinely being real, as someone who platinumed 7 Remake, playing the game on Hard even on my second playthrough with all my character upgrades, maxed out weapons and materia, and even a strategy going in, I still struggled plenty (Christ the Hell House and whatever the final boss was in Chapter 16). So trust me when I say that you are so much better off playing Normal first, AND then playing on Hard because you're gonna need the best equipment you can get starting in.

I also platinumed FF7R. Sure you can't beat it without playing it as NG+, but only because devs made it so. They could just adjust the difficulty and make hard playable without NG+. 
Also, hard was not THAT hard in FF7R. 

The only real nice addition were the extra VR fights. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

I also platinumed FF7R. Sure you can't beat it without playing it as NG+, but only because devs made it so. They could just adjust the difficulty and make hard playable without NG+. 
Also, hard was not THAT hard in FF7R. 

The only real nice addition were the extra VR fights. 

That would completely change the format of what hard mode is. It would have resulted in hard mode being like what so many other games are: enemies doing more damage and taking less. FF VII Remake & Rebirth have a hard mode with actual depth and nuance; it requires you to adjust your play style, and thus have a different experience from your first playthrough. If hard mode was adjusted to be playable on your first attempt, that nuance would be lost.

I do, however, think, there could have been away around this. I would have liked the option to transfer your Remake save data to Rebirth, so that you retain your progress from the first game. Certain caveats would come with this though:

1. If you don't transfer Remake save data, you can play on either Easy or Normal. Hard mode unlocks after first playthrough.

2. If you transfer Remake save data, you have to play on Hard difficulty on your first playthrough, and Easy and Normal are unlocked after you finish the game.

3. Alternatively Normal could be available from the start if you transfer save data, but you have to play in dynamic mode. (I don't know enough about this mode to know whether it would balance out for difficulty or not).

Edited by Vitallani
typo
  • Like 3

Does anyone know how two in one materia (i.e. Fire and Ice materia, etc.) interacts with Elemental materia? Does it give both fire and ice elemental attack when slotted on weapon/elemental defense when slotted on armor? Still early in the game so I haven't run into Elemental materia to try out. Just wondering if I should still bother maxing out individual elemental materia or just level up these two in one materia when I get them. 

On 2/29/2024 at 3:42 AM, nudoetcrudo said:

You'd die on the first fight. It's literally made with NG+ in mind

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

You'd die on the first fight. It's literally made with NG+ in mind

It would be a different "hard mode". Kinda like games like GoW, where the difficulty is set from the beginning and not with a NG+ in mind. 

To me, difficulties related to NG+ are just a way to milk the game and not really hard. 

(I'll still plat it, just upset about it lol)

• Like 1

Just an FYI - there's an option in the settings to swap the L1 and RI controls.

Really helpful if (like me) you're finding it hard to override a decade of muscle memory telling you to use L1 for block/parry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Is there a way to defog the map without running everywhere manually? I always hate these foggy maps. 

Nope, wait till you hit one of the late area's(~chapter 9). Took me close to 5hrs to get all intel 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Nope, wait till you hit one of the late area's(~chapter 9). Took me close to 5hrs to get all intel 😅

A shame really. I was really impressed with the opening chapter. It was already better than FF7 Remake. And now I’m doing this generic open world filler stuff. I think I’ll save it for later and just do the story first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baker said:

A shame really. I was really impressed with the opening chapter. It was already better than FF7 Remake. And now I’m doing this generic open world filler stuff. I think I’ll save it for later and just do the story first.

It's funny how this game feels like one of the best stories told and your typical open world filler shit. I'm now in chapter 10 and it's still 50/50

story is amazing, open world feels meh, it looks good tho:P 

• Like 1