Trophy Thoughts

this game looks ridiculously massive so I hope it doesn't feel like a big chore to do all this. the difficulty of the VR missions might make the one thing that really divides the players who get the plat in the end.

bit annoying you have to do another playthrough on Hard. either give me that choice in the first place or don't make it a trophy because looks that's another 20 hours minimum if not more just rushing through the story.

I love remake so hearing this is 3x the length is great but hopefully it doesn't just become tedious and boring.

this plat might become an ultra rare but we'll see.

still hoping they spruce up the graphics in performance mode. VRR would be nice. they've focused way too much on game scale rather than technical performance but I can understand the decision

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I like completing games and I feel sad by the thought I might get burned out on it and never finish it of even tho I'm enjoying it at its core.

Just getting older and preferring shorter games I guess xD

Yeah I know what you mean. This will be the longest game I've played for a while... maybe since LaD: Ishin.

I'm planning to do one playthrough and then have a month off gaming. Hopefully this breaks up the grind and makes me end up enjoying the game more.

7 minutes ago, Realtione said:

Remake surely had some rough edges and some tough moments but iirc it was a 6.5 and I'd say you could lower it down to 5.5-6. It was doable and I clocked in at around 80 hours when I finished my second run. 

I'd definitely say the base game was closer to a 5 if you can get the right build for the endgame VR missions before going into Hard Mode. The DLC trophy for beating Weiss was the only one I'd say that was anywhere close to as hard as this gane sounds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

I'd definitely say the base game was closer to a 5 if you can get the right build for the endgame VR missions before going into Hard Mode. The DLC trophy for beating Weiss was the only one I'd say that was anywhere close to as hard as this gane sounds.

Yeah, I can see it being the case once again. There are already preferred builds for hard mode and PowerPyx estimates a 20 hour for completion. So... The issue will not be the hard mode here. I don't really think the story itself will be 'that long' especially when you rush through it while skipping the cutscenes. So, a big RPG is always welcome. I can take my time to 100% it and then rush a Hard mode when I feel it. But those VR stuff could be a plat killer. Gotta see. I don't like leaving stuff behind on my first playthrough so this might come off as a natural platinum (hopefully, otherwise I already said a skip ugh).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

this game looks ridiculously massive so I hope it doesn't feel like a big chore to do all this. the difficulty of the VR missions might make the one thing that really divides the players who get the plat in the end.

bit annoying you have to do another playthrough on Hard. either give me that choice in the first place or don't make it a trophy because looks that's another 20 hours minimum if not more just rushing through the story.

I love remake so hearing this is 3x the length is great but hopefully it doesn't just become tedious and boring.

this plat might become an ultra rare but we'll see.

still hoping they spruce up the graphics in performance mode. VRR would be nice. they've focused way too much on game scale rather than technical performance but I can understand the decision

I would rather do 5 additional playthroughs on hard than these shitty ass VR simulations. They are definitely my personal platinum blocker.

The pride and joy run in the previous game was already close to what I can take but this game here sounds much worse than that.

3 DUAL boss fights followed by the super spongey superboss followed by sephiroth? The f*ck are they smoking?

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

Having to go through a RPG two times is stupid imo. Not that I haven't done it but it feels always weird for long games. The focus should be on something more "typical" instead. Like grinding for example.

Edited by Gommes_
  • Like 4

Am I the only one playing and beating not for the plat?? Striving for an “A” and at least 83% completion. Who else? Hah.

I’m currently a little less than halfway complete through Like a Dragon: Ishin!’s story and I’ve come to terms that will simply be a high A, not a plat.

But back to Rebirth it seems to me the content and time needed alone is worth the $69.99 USD + tax price tag. May buy sooner than later. My backlog includes P3 Reload, Infinite Wealth and Granblue Fantasy Relink already.

Hoping two weeks of 'sick' leave is enough for me to plat this 😂 Although honestly the way I am with open-world exploration RPGs, that 150-200 hr estimate will prob be double on my end... 

As expected, Chadley and his VR missions are the make-or-break of the platinum. Those boss gauntlets seem a lot harder than Remake or Intergrade. Definitely a marathon. Mini-games look hard too. So much content in this game that it makes me wonder what the hell is left for Part 3? lmao

Either way, just hoping I can finish up Persona 3 Reload before tomorrow...

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Hoping two weeks of 'sick' leave is enough for me to plat this 😂 Although honestly the way I am with open-world exploration RPGs, that 150-200 hr estimate will prob be double on my end... Either way, just hoping I can finish up Persona 3 Reload before tomorrow...

Took me around 10hrs for intro + first region clearing, theres 7 regions + story + all the vr stuff, minigames and cleanup so should be doable if you’re fast

• Like 2

I imagine that, by the time I get around to playing this, the game will be hugely discounted or bundled in some sort of complete edition. Definitely not a day-one purchase for me, even despite my curiosity on how significantly the narrative is going to be altered from the original game. Trophy-wise, I will be playing this once and likely never touch it again.

17 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

the open world feels like I'm playing FFXV again

This is concerning to hear considering I found the open world/overall gameplay of Final Fantasy XV extremely boring, and the worst FF game I've played.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

I initially assumed everyone going for the Platinum would play on Hard from the start which can kind of suck the fun out of 100%ing a big game like this, but it appears that you can't even do that? You must do a second playthrough on Hard? 

That is unfortunate.

I guess they wanted you to spend as much time playing this as it took them to make it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1