Obligatory 'Trophy Thoughts?' Thread

johntatsi

I've never played a Grandia game but I've always wanted too and this seems like a good opportunity.

Does anyone who's played the game before have any thoughts to share on the trophies / platinum difficulty?

I played this back on ps1?

sadly belonged to my brother. So I never played it for very far or long.

Oddly enough recently got the trilliogy from play-asia on switch.

Glad to see it on playstation. Might double dip and pick it up for both systems.

As for terms of trophys, seems really straight forward 

Depending on how many kills you average in a run might take two playthrus

But someone eles will be better suited to answer any questions lol.

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

It first released on the Dreamcast then was released on the PS2 a few years later. Been holding onto hope this game would make its way to the PlayStation store and now that is, I am happy to see a trophy list. The list itself seems pretty straightforward as the majority of the trophies are story related while the rest are easy enough to acquire.

The "tough" one will be Ryudo doing the damage to the final boss and I can't recall the nut hunt but don't think it was something too horrible.

The one thousand kills might be need to be done for multiple playthroughs but getting most of them for grinding purposes such as skills, leveling and finding all the chests.

Grandia 2 is awesome and I can't wait to play this again I'm still disappointed that the first game didn't get trophies on premium but fingers crossed the second game does well they add them in. 

Edited by zZ-Draconiain-Zz
Spelling and shit

10 minutes ago, zZ-Draconiain-Zz said:

Grandia 2 is awesome and I can't wait to play this again I'm still disappointed that the first game didn't get trophies on premium but fingers crossed the second game does well they add them in. 

The first game now has trophies, they just have not gone live yet.

https://www.exophase.com/game/grandia-psn/trophies/

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 4

Aside from the weirdly low-res logo, I'd say I'm very happy with these turn of events. Having a platinum trophy for both Grandia and Grandia II has been on my wishlist for ages.

WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE... Is this finally the New PS2 Emulator from the guys doing the "Classics"??? (It's all outsourced, it isn't Sony internally to my surprise, and the article I read mentioned they were working on PS1/PS2 Ports atm 🤔)

If it was that HD Collection from back on Switch it would've come years ago, plus would be a bit strange since Grandia 1 is a PS1 Classic (assuming that was the one patched with Trophys as mentioned above)

Edit: It is actually just a port of the "HD Collection", DISAPPOINTED 🤣 Seriously though, we need that damn new PS2 Emulator already 😒

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL

Actually looks like a decent enough list. A good number of story trophies, one of which has a nasty spoiler, some easily done optional stuff, and two challenge trophies.

Grandia is a series with light difficulty so playing it on hard mode shouldn't too much of a problem. Beating Melfice by only damaging him with Ryudo is interesting. Melfice is the hardest boss in the game to begin with, so doing this makes the fight go on longer. On top of that, does the no damage apply to Melfice's other parts or just the main body? I would think it'd be nasty if your party members can't at least cancel the turns of the body parts.

Edited by Rozalia1

Grandia 2 is my favourite jRPG of all time. Don't even know how many times I am complete this game. Last time it was in hd collection version on the Steam - it was not too hard to get all achievements. This game will be in the ps+ deluxe catalog?

3 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Sweet was hoping to play it again. Had it all load up. Seen it didn't have any trophys. And killed my want to play it.

Ya 2 look fine. But totally going to need to grind kills. But that normal for jrpgs. If I remember games around 45-60 hours

Side note: Guessing 3 will be next. An extreme maybe? I one shorted 3 in without sleep back when it came out in 38 hours. So I barely remember it. But was fun.

Edited by Zid960

3 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I dont know if they will add trophy on the classic game but they are releasing the HD colleciton of 1 and 2 and thats probably why theres now trophy list for them: 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10008436

25 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

Sweet was hoping to play it again. Had it all load up. Seen it didn't have any trophys. And killed my want to play it.

Ya 2 look fine. But totally going to need to grind kills. But that normal for jrpgs. If I remember games around 45-60 hours

Side note: Guessing 3 will be next. An extreme maybe? I one shorted 3 in without sleep back when it came out in 38 hours. So I barely remember it. But was fun.

Man I really hope they add Grandia 3. Truth be told it was my first Grandia game and I absolutely loved playing it!! Loved grinding out that game and would love the chance to grind out the :platinum: for it. The list looks like a nice grind, so I hope to play this. But my question is: is this on the Extra/Premium lvl of PS+? If so, then I hope they make it available to purchase separate from those lvls for those on the Essential lvl (slowly raises hand lol) 

• Like 1