What's your unpopular opinion about trophies?

3 minutes ago, Vanqishd said:

Hiding your games/trophies is fine.

Do you want to hide an unfinished PS4 stack because you've moved onto PS5? Do you want to hide a game you didn't enjoy and never want to play again where you earned a handful of trophies? Do you wanna hide that game that a friend put in your console back in the day, and you accidentally earned a bronze trophy? Do you want to hide a game for any other given reason? It's fine. Go ahead. Nobody cares.

Only obsessive people believe you're doing it because you've cheated. It's your profile, do whatever you want with it. 

For me, I want a secure and robust deletion system in place for Trophies; regardless of completion amount - so that all Hidden Trophies can be Vanquishd :<

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

I think that developers as well as Sony should be held accountable for broken trophies. This could mean anything from using more resources in general to reassure they unlock as they should, to pull a game from the store after a certain amount of time has passed without having addressed the problem.

I'm 100% with you here. I see trophies as part of the selling product and they need to be functional. Not saying online trophies that once were obtainable, those are fine, I mean if a game has broken/glitched trophies (like Dragon Fin Soup years ago, Indivisible DLC trophies, etc.) there should be a warning for customers on PlayStation store, in the game's page, saying that some trophies don't work properly.

It might sound a little too good to be true, but Sony could treat trophies more seriously instead of just throwing confetti at it here and there... Back in the days people chased trophies without forums or tracking sites, a simple warning like that could help each new cycle or generation of trophy hunters.

• Like 3

There is nothing wrong with easy platinums, (I am taking we mean like Spiderman 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Final Fantasy 1-3 etc?). Given there's many reasons someone might play easy plats, then why they have them, it's not really one's business. Do not get why people are weirded out by that.

How long before we start getting picky about people playing plats at 5/10? 6/10? Someday, we will be telling people that the only platinums that matter are the 10/10 ones and you must grind 1000 hours for that platinum. (I am kidding, I hope!)

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 1:12 PM, GravityQueeen said:

I'm 100% with you here. I see trophies as part of the selling product and they need to be functional. Not saying online trophies that once were obtainable, those are fine, I mean if a game has broken/glitched trophies (like Dragon Fin Soup years ago, Indivisible DLC trophies, etc.) there should be a warning for customers on PlayStation store, in the game's page, saying that some trophies don't work properly.

It might sound a little too good to be true, but Sony could treat trophies more seriously instead of just throwing confetti at it here and there... Back in the days people chased trophies without forums or tracking sites, a simple warning like that could help each new cycle or generation of trophy hunters.

The Indivisible DLC trophies being broken forever hurts so much

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prince-Varuni said:

There is nothing wrong with easy platinums, (I am taking we mean like Spiderman 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Final Fantasy 1-3 etc?). Given there's many reasons someone might play easy plats, then why they have them, it's not really one's business. Do not get why people are weirded out by that.

How long before we start getting picky about people playing plats at 5/10? 6/10? Someday, we will be telling people that the only platinums that matter are the 10/10 ones and you must grind 1000 hours for that platinum. (I am kidding, I hope!)

Some people have elitist behaviour, and then when you look at their account, it doesn't even reflect all the elitist talk that they're even spouting off about.

I play a combination of easy and hard stuff - whatever I feel like playing at the time, and aim to complete everything I play.  It's all fun at the end of the day - I don't understand the elitist behaviour.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, J-S_93 said:

Some people have elitist behaviour, and then when you look at their account, it doesn't even reflect all the elitist talk that they're even spouting off about.

I play combination of easy and hard stuff - whatever I feel like playing at the time, and aim to complete everything I play.  It's all fun at the end of the day - I don't understand the elitist behaviour.

Agreed. I saw that "Rate platinums" in the game forum, and way too many people are saying "easy plats" which at first I thought, shovelware. But uh yeah, they don't seem to be talking about that, did not post in it because well most of my stuff are easy plats, because I like to relax while gaming, and I definitely do not like being stressed to the max because a trophy is so absurd to obtain.

I already strands of grey hair and I am only 36, I don't need to go full silver by the time I am 40, thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The “elitist” comments you’re talking about don’t just sometimes come from folks who don’t have the profile to back that attitude up…

… they pretty much exclusively come from them.

The thing is - the actual “elite” trophy hunters don’t need to make snide comments about other people to feel like Billy-Big-Balls… thier superiority is self evident, and generally, they don’t want to or need to flaunt it.
They’re pretty much all nice, pleasent folks, happy to help out us mere mortals.

The folks who actually display elitism, are never the actual elite. They’re just the ones that wish they were…

…and figure they might be mistaken for them by comparison if they denigrate those the see as “lesser” enough.

I could not agree more, and could not have put it as eloquently as that if I tried!

• Like 2

People who worship trophies and unoffcial leaderboards of whatever nature helped dug then shovelware grave.  Trophy-buying only occured because people started thinking having more trophies is of importance. If nobody gave them more meaning over an indication of how far one got in the game, there would be no need for inflating numbers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

Unobtainable trophies being unlocked in modded servers shouldn’t stay being flagged if the player shows video evidence of the trophy being earned with fullfilling its requirement.  😈

This site in particular, those who run it, and moderate require that the code to these servers that get brought back are to be open source - so that they can see if there's any arbitrary code or not for unlocking the Trophies in an unintended way.  If they saw it was open source and that play to earn the Trophies was legitimate, then they'd allow it.  But that is in an ideal world.  And most who work on dead servers will not reveal their methods of how they brought them back up.

Edited by J-S_93

On 3/26/2024 at 9:12 PM, GravityQueeen said:

Having a warning symbol next to the user rating is the least Sony ought to implement, and could act as a low-budget, yet effective solution - a very good suggestion indeed.🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

Having a warning symbol next to the user rating is the least Sony ought to implement, and could act as a low-budget, yet effective solution - a very good suggestion indeed.🙂

It would never ever happen, as they in no way want to prevent or dissuade people from making a purchase EVER - they are profit first, and are solely driven by it.

Even getting a refund from them for broken games is like getting blood out of a stone, they don't don't wanna let go of your cash; they'd rather ban your account and forego future profits from you if it meant holding on to your current cash.

Edited by J-S_93